it's freakin' cold! Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

2»

Comments

• POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited January 2007
    venomclan wrote:
    Seriously though, I do miss the cold weather I grew up with in NY. The fall was the best time of year.

Cold weather in NY? You're kidding right? Last friday it was 71 degrees in NYC - this week it averaged about 50. Cold weather my ****.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I know! Anecdotal evidence from one region really proves or disproves scientific theory, doesn't it?!

My nipples are hard. That disproves Global Warming. Or something. :o
    Sal Palooza
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    well it was -44 below zero the other day here, but has warmed up nicely currently 10 above zero. REGARDS POKE
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited January 2007
    POLKOHOLIC wrote:
    Cold weather in NY? You're kidding right? Last friday it was 71 degrees in NYC - this week it averaged about 50. Cold weather my ****.

I moved from NY to FL in 1997. NY, at that time was usually below 20 at this time of year.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    venomclan wrote:
    I moved from NY to FL in 1997. NY, at that time was usually below 20 at this time of year.

The temps here have been very high for this time of year. However, the temps are going to fall this upcoming week. We need some snow around here!!!
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    I don't know what the heck is going on here (please don't tell me it's global warming) but we haven't had winter here yet. I've been walking around outside the past 4 days without a coat. It's January 15th, (my Mom's birthday, she would have been 87) and I'm listening to Led Zepplin with the windows wide open. Right now it is 7:19 PM and it is 62 degrees out there.

BRRRRRRRRR my behind!!! LOL
  • IanD
    IanD Posts: 59
    edited January 2007
    Last week it hit 14C here in Poutine Land. Last night there wasn't a speck of snow on the ground. 24 hours later there is 20+cm of snow and the thermomter is dropping like a rock. Cannot remember a winter like this.
    However, I got my new IC's and sub cable in the mail this morning so I believe I will hole up and watch a couple of movies and listen to some classic Clampton.
    Let it snow!
    Yamaha RX-V1500
    Pioneer Elite DV-46AV
    Scientific Atalana 8300 PVR-HD
    Panasonic TH-42PX60U
    Polk RTi10
    Polk CSi5
    Polk F/Xi3
    Polk PSW 350
    Mike's IC's
    DIY speaker cables (Kimber 4VS Shotgunned)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I don't know what the heck is going on here (please don't tell me it's global warming) but we haven't had winter here yet.

OK.... so blame El Nino or whatever else you want to tell yourself.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Round 2 of snow is gonna hit any minute now. The first round barely melted at all.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    OK.... so blame El Nino or whatever else you want to tell yourself.

Na I think it is El Cabong.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited January 2007
    4"/10cm of snow this morning and now it's -10F/-23C. Yuck!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Well last night at 8:00 it was 62 degrees. This morning it was 25 degrees, now its 45 degrees. . . as a fella said in a Three Stooges episode, "This house sho gone craza!!!"
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    It's the plumbers! And they're wrecking the house!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    It's the plumbers! And they're wrecking the house!

LOL!
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Im up in Indiana at the moment in my hometown, Madison, In., and they just got their first .10 of a inch of snow for the season.. According to the news, they're about 9 inches shy of normal.. Was about 60 degrees yesterday, and today had a whippin high of 27.
  • IanD
    IanD Posts: 59
    edited January 2007
    Forcast for tonight is -34C with the wind chill. Now where did I put those fur lined boot laces?????
    Yamaha RX-V1500
    Pioneer Elite DV-46AV
    Scientific Atalana 8300 PVR-HD
    Panasonic TH-42PX60U
    Polk RTi10
    Polk CSi5
    Polk F/Xi3
    Polk PSW 350
    Mike's IC's
    DIY speaker cables (Kimber 4VS Shotgunned)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Looks like the nice weather is gone here also; flurries all day, 15 degrees tonight. Global warming, El Ni

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Well we might be getting our first snow this friday. Dont know how much as its to early to tell.