Save the cheerleader, Save the World.

Refefer
Refefer Posts: 1,280
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm stoked.

I just learned today that we'll be interviewing Hayden Panetteire, the girl who plays the cheerleader on "Heroes" for our radio show Radio KOL on AOL. I love the show, it will be a real thrill to get to meet her.

Any other fans of Heroes out there? I think it's one of the best shows on TV right now and certainly the best new show out there.
Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
Rotel RB-980BX,
OPPO DV-970HD,
Lite Audio DAC AH,
IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
Creek Audio 5350 SE,
Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
HRT Music Streamer II
Post edited by Refefer on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Love the show, I think there's a thread somewhere where we talk about it.

Just don't get too excited, she's still only 17... :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2007
    I've got every episode downloaded in HD and won't ever miss an episode.......

Have fun........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited January 2007
    She's a spinner for sure.

Love the show, can't wait for the new episodes to start.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2007
    Is it just me or should the last few episodes have been the first ones and the first episodes handled after it in a flashback mode similar to lost.

It would have made things alot easier to understand from the beginning. I do enjoy watching the show though as it is about the only one that I actually watch on network TV each week. (more a fan of tv on DVD - no commercials, widescreen (typically) with surround sound (typically) and you can marathon whenever you want.)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Just don't get too excited, she's still only 17... :D

For one of your first "I feel old," moments for those of us still in our 20s -- she was the first coaches daughter in Remember the Titans...:o

titans.jpg
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    I think one of the biggest reasons I stick around Club Polk is because it keeps me from having more of those "I feel old" moments (since there's a lot of... older folks round here)... so don't start, Demi. :D
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited January 2007
    Also my favorite show as well. Never miss it.
    She is a cuttie. Can't wait for the new episode... Jan 22.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    17's legal in Texas if one were so inclined.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    I'm old enough taht, legal or not, it makes me iggy.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited January 2007
    wow I'm 19 and "I feel old"
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2007
    McLoki...i don't think it matters because with Hiro's power of 'bending time and space' there are a lot of scenes that jump around.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    McLoki wrote:
    It would have made things alot easier to understand from the beginning. I do enjoy watching the show though as it is about the only one that I actually watch on network TV each week. (more a fan of tv on DVD - no commercials, widescreen (typically) with surround sound (typically) and you can marathon whenever you want.)

Get HD and a DVR. I haven't watched a commercial in like 6 months, except during football games.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2007
    It's on again tonight! wooohooo! East Coasters, no spoiler pleeze! :)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited April 2007
    Man you guys make me feel like I should be taking a dirt bath Im so old My hottie was Raquel Welch (sp)
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited April 2007
    Raquel Welch
    Marilu Henner
    Farrah
    Catherine Bach
    Goldie Hawn

No 17 year old could hold a candle to the "classic" women of my generation.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited April 2007
    Unless of course I met her in Texas
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited April 2007
    I am really enjoying this show!!! It reminds alot of the first few seasons of Alias, with all the characters and sub plots and slightly fictional and far fetched events. Kind of like the Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Mummy as far as stroylines. I guess what I'm trying to say is it is a very adventurous type plot even though it's not very believable.

The actors are great plus the lead female (Hayden) even though young keeps me interested much like Sydney Bristow did in Alias. I was dissapointed when Alias went off the air but this is filling the void nicely. I missed the first 3 episodes because I just didn't believe the hype surrounding the show. What a stupid name, but I'm glad I stuck it out and go hooked!

Completely off topic..........the new episodes of Dr. Who are now making their way over here on Public Television and they are excellent. The budget as well as the storylines are superb so far for the first 13 episodes (which are now almost 2 years old). The new Dr., Christopher Eccelston is absolutely fabulous as is Rose (Piper ???) his companion. Good stuff!!!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • bobman1235
    edited April 2007
    I don't know what's so stupid about the name "Heroes", but whatever.

Any fans of the s how, make sure you read the Graphic novels on the Heroes Official Website. They explain a lot of extra backstory, and clear up a lot of things that may otherwise be confusing or not fully explained in the show.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited April 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I don't know what's so stupid about the name "Heroes", but whatever.

I guess my point was there was no way of really knowing what the show was all about with a title like Heroes (it could mean anything). Beyond saving each other once or twice I still don't see any Heroes. I know they are building up to it because that is the whole premise of the show.

I'll be honest in the beginning I never even really gave it a chance simply because of the name. After a bit of buzz I got interested and even the 3rd episode didn't really impress me, but I was hooked by the fourth ;) .

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,183
    edited April 2007
    Fantastic show. I just watched the new Ep. Killer man. I can't wait until next week.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.