BCS Champion Ship Game: Ohio State Vs. Florida

Refefer
Refefer Posts: 1,280
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
So far a good one.

94 yard kick off return touchdown by OSU... to be met with florida's 50 yard drive.

I got a feeling it's gonna be a damn good game.

Champion and Ship purposefully separated to allow for more capitalization ;)
Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
Rotel RB-980BX,
OPPO DV-970HD,
Lite Audio DAC AH,
IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
Creek Audio 5350 SE,
Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
HRT Music Streamer II
Post edited by Refefer on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Im not a Gator fan but I have to root for the fellow SEC team!

Give em hell Gators!!!

Looks good so far for us southern boys.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Refefer
    edited January 2007
    Well.... it's a massacre right now.

This is why I'm kinda mad that the game is happening so late. 51 days kills any momentum that you might have.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2007
    Well, how 'bout that first half? Florida's momentum looks pretty healthy.

GO GATORS!*

*not valid during regular season play. I am NOT a Gator fan under normal circumstances.

GO SEC!
  • doug lang
    doug lang Posts: 261
    edited January 2007
    Ohio looks flat, looks like the two extra games for Florida paid off. 30 minutes left. Go Gators
    Oppo bdp 93 Blue Ray
    Integra DTR-80-2
    Polk LSi9s (mains)
    Polk LSiC (center)
    Polk LSiFXs (surrounds)
    Sub SVS 20-39+
    Samsung 60" Led 3-d
    Blue Jean Cables
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    Go Gators, they are looking good.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited January 2007
    Looks like the Buckeyes are going to take a beating. Nothing is going right. Florida has done nothing wrong. Was hoping it was going to be a little closer. HEY! There's always next year:)
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    LOL -- I love this. Boise State #1? I hope OSU's basketball team plays like this tomorrow.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    Damn, that wasn't even fun to watch. :(
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Wow. Florida looked amazing. Just plain old superior. Just wow.
  • doug lang
    doug lang Posts: 261
    edited January 2007
    Yea that wasn't fun, it was great. maybe you all will stop talking about the big O. Give credit to FL. they were told they had no chance.
    Oppo bdp 93 Blue Ray
    Integra DTR-80-2
    Polk LSi9s (mains)
    Polk LSiC (center)
    Polk LSiFXs (surrounds)
    Sub SVS 20-39+
    Samsung 60" Led 3-d
    Blue Jean Cables
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2007
    I was very impressed with Leak's composure.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    I was cheering for the Gators, but I wanted a good game, not a slaughter. This is as big of a disappointment as the USC/MICH. game was to me. I just thought they would battle it out a little more.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2007
    OSU folks can have a nice warm glass of shut the hell up! I was getting sicking of OSU this and that. Yea for my fellow southern folk!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    LOL -- I love this. Boise State #1?
    Certainly not in the BCS ... but then WTF do they know ...
  • Refefer
    edited January 2007
    But definitely the #1 game this bowl season. A damn Statue of Liberty play to win it... can't get better than that.

Right next to Doug Flutie's Hail Mary in my book.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    The Big 10 looked very bad this year in the bowls. Maybe ESPN and the rest of the sports world will recognize that in college football atleast, there has been ashift in power. The SEC and PAC 10 fared much better. Living in Ohio, when I told OSU fans that they would struggle it was almost like I said there was no Jesus.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2007
    xsmi, somewhere there must be a law that strictly forbids anyone in the national media from saying anything positive about the PAC 10.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    I think you're right but I think it extends to the Pacific NW in general its almost like it is not part of the US
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2007
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    xsmi wrote:
    The Big 10 looked very bad this year in the bowls. Maybe ESPN and the rest of the sports world will recognize that in college football atleast, there has been ashift in power. The SEC and PAC 10 fared much better. Living in Ohio, when I told OSU fans that they would struggle it was almost like I said there was no Jesus.

FWIW -- the SEC has often been tauted as the powerhouse conference that nobody can beat, at least as it pertains to the Big 10. It was the Big 10 that was looking for success. I think it was just my Badgers and Penn State that won Big 10 bowl games this year. I wish we would have played Ohio State. They're a good team, but they were running on hubris for most of the season. It's a bigger factor than most realize.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Louisville was set to take the number three spot in the polls after the dust settled, but after that thorough shelacking of the Bunkeyes... I don't think it would be a stretch to put 'em in second.

Of course, the dilemma would be a concession that the two best teams were not picked by the BCS. But I'll make that trade:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2007
    Shizelbs wrote:
    xsmi, somewhere there must be a law that strictly forbids anyone in the national media from saying anything positive about the PAC 10.

Yeah, those Pac-10 refs sucked last night! :D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Louisville was set to take the number three spot in the polls after the dust settled, but after that thorough shelacking of the Bunkeyes... I don't think it would be a stretch to put 'em in second.

Of course, the dilemma would be a concession that the two best teams were not picked by the BCS. But I'll make that trade:D

We'll never know without a playoff system as last night proved. ;)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    To be honest with you, I feel that the BCS did a fairly decent job this year. At least compared to years previous. Michigan was held out of a title shot to much protesting and was subsequently destroyed by USC -- who in turn, lost their chance to UCLA. IMO the two best teams played for the title... maybe not with the right seeding.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Really?

Florida barely beat Arkansas.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Now come on... a win against a quality team is a win. It's not like they squeeked by a rash of no-name teams ala Boise State.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    So long as you're a "major" program. ;)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    see my edit:D
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2007
    Don't worry zomb, it looks like the **** bcs is here for good.

URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jo-delany010507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns"]

One thing I don't understand is that he says the BCS is very successful and that if fans really wanted a playoff, there would be no ratings. I feel like smacking him right in a face for being so retarded. Fans who love the game of CF want to see it played more fairly, but that doesn't mean they are going to stop watching the team they go to school for just cause there is no playoff.

Mostly all the fans want playoffs, give them what they want.

(end bitching about BCS, I'm done now since we yapped about this for 6 pages in the other thread:eek: )

Guys, don't complain on how dissapointing this game was, I think I still feel the effects of last years game:)
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    He's right about one thing - a playoff would get less ratings. The most people watch games they have a vested interest in - IE they like the team. If you have a playoff, each round features less and less teams, which means less and less people. The way it is now, there's a "championship" (read : bowl game) for a dozen or more teams, so a lot more people are still interested at the end of the season.

Granted, there's exceptions - people who watch just for enjoying the sport - but those are EXCEPTIONS.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.