Changes to the Good Buyer/Seller list.

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just a heads up. This year I intentionally left any deal reported since 1-11-06 as "new". Since we are coming up on a year I am going to clean up the list. It has become too long and maybe of little use. The criteria for the cleanup is as follows:

Anyone with a single transaction will be removed unless they they are an very active member who just doesn't use the flea market (ie 200+ posts and active on the forum in the last 3 months.

Anyone who has not had a new transaction in the last year will be removed if they have not been active on the forum in the last year.

If someone has pissed me off I might remove them just because I can! ;)jk

A good example is 2k2max6spd. 12 posts and last visit to the forum was 3-20-05. His name on the list doesn't do anybody any good. He's gone!

The list will be updated by the end of the week.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Shack, good ideas to clean it up, and THANKS for using YOUR time to do this.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2007
    Shack runs a tight ship.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2007
    Sounds like a considerable amount of work, especially if you look at the size of that list. I think we all owe shack another round of thank-yous for dealing with this. So thank you!

(And though I don't THINK I've pissed you off this year, maybe this will help maintain my good standing anyway...)

Jason
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, thanks as always Shack for running this operation.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for all your volunteered work Shack.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2007
    I was wondering if the list was going to be updated.

Thanks for all the hard work Shack!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Agreed. Certainly makes me feel better knowing that whom ever I deal with has a good history about them... and who the bad apples are.

If at all possible, could you keep those with negative feedback on the list? Once a bad apple..
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Glad your the man on this.

RT1
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for all you do, Shack! Get that chump 2k2max6spd deleted.

I think I've done like 6 transactions (buying + selling) from FM in the last three months; all of them went very smoothly. I credit you for the successful deals. . .
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    SHACK,, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. Sorry about the caps,this place is one of the last few "markets" that I can go to and buy/sell with little,if any stress,,,thanks to you and the other members that create this environment. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    You ROCK Shack. Thanks!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited January 2007
    Thanks Shack for helping to keep the flea market a reasonably safe place to buy and sell audio..your effort doesn't go unnoticed!
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for your good work on this thread! We all appreciate your efforts.
    Carl

• Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited January 2007
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    Remind me to hug you at Antny's. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited January 2007
    Add Mike Cvetan to the good sellers list, well he didnt sell me anything he gave me something, heck of a Polkie
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    Yeah,thank Shackdaddy..!

While your there, give Mark (Doro) another brownie point for me..
    yet another smooth trans...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited January 2007
    I checked that list...how come I have only 1?? I've made more than one purchase through this forum....probably 4 or 5.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    joeparaski wrote:
    I checked that list...how come I have only 1?? I've made more than one purchase through this forum....probably 4 or 5.

Joe

There is only one way to get on the list. The other party must send me a PM letting me know it was a good transaction. Regardless of how many purchases you have made I can only list what has been sent to me.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cbl117
    cbl117 Posts: 285
    edited January 2007
    shack,

Can you keep my name on the list. I don't have 200+ posts, but I check the Flea Market just about every day.
    2 Channel

Vandersteen 3a Sigs
    Music Reference RM-200
    Hovland HP-100
    VPI Scout w/ Benz Ace
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Cardas Golden Reference Speaker Cables
    Cardas Golden Reference Interconnects
    Cardas Golden Power Cords
    PS Audio UPC-200HB
    Black Diamond Racing Isolation
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2007
    Many thanks for all of your efforts shack!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    THE LIST IS NOW UPDATED AND SCRUBBED.

I tried to get rid of the "one post wonders" who showed up to purchase or sell something and have added nothing to the forum in quite some time. If it was fairly recent I left them on the list hoping they will come back and maybe contribute. I left members on the list if they have been active on the forum. By that I mean they have visited or posted recently. I know not everyone buys and sells a lot or even posts regurlarly - no one was removed unless they had not been on the fourm over the past year ±. There were many who had feedback that had not been on the forum since July, August, September of 2006. I left them on the list because I know many may take a hiatus for a while and come back. If they haven't posted or visited the forum by this time next year I will remove them at that time. The few that have had issues are still noted.

Finally just some housekeeping:

Please do not ask me to go look at a post to determine if it was a good deal. I only list what has been PM'd or emailed to me.

For the list to be fair, I really need the other party to send me feedback for you. Kinda like me saying "Hey I'm a great guy...Just ask me". And don't ask me if someone has left feedback cause I probably don't know. As soon as it is listed, it is erased from my PM and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Sorry but you will have to ask them.

Be sure you send me the correct Member User Name...and not their real name. There were several that I simply had accepted the name from a PM and the user name doesn't exist. There are a few exceptions like Doro, Russ and some of the other "notables" but for the most part I need their actual user name. So I don't have to deal with it down the road...if it is a new name and I don't recognize it, I will search a name before I list it to make sure if it is acurate. If not it won't get posted.

Rock on guys and girls. Lots of good stuff is bought and sold here with very few issues. For all of the "crap" that it has stirred up in the past, a BS listing is usually dealt with...now privately vs the public thrashings that used to occur (I actually miss some of that stuff). Good deals can be had here if you guys keep it clean.

Now go buy or sell something!

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    Thanks Shack-master.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    Thanks Shack. keep up the good work!!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited January 2007
    shack, you totally rock dude. Thanks
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited January 2007
    You make this great forum even better.
    Thank you, Shack, for adding me, too :cool:!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Awesome! Your effort is much appreciated!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    I am naming my first illegitimate child, Steve, in your honor.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.