Another New Guy

2»

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    I have poked around in the forum occasionally and finally decided to join today. After seeing so many familiar faces around here from the Carver forum, I am glad that I did. I hope this forum is as fun as the Carver Audio Forum is. :D

It's more fun than the Carver forum.. (runs and hides) :p

Welcome Bill Ayotte... we're always looking for new people to join our humble little club Polk.

stick around and have fun. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    I think I will. Thanks for the welcome. I am looking to pick up my first set of Polks sometime soon, so I look forward to the advise and wisdom.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2007
    Villanova? I'm 5 minutes from Exit 5 on the Jersey Turnpike Bill, and I know you haven't had a decent slice of pizza in awhile (Clarksville included). You show, I'm buying.

I never asked. You enlisted or a zero?
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2007
    I don't know about that.......lived in Notrth Jersey for three years and Clarksville. The Blackhorse Brewery and Pub has great pizza (but can't compare to Brooklyn Brick Oven Pizza).
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    I'm enlisted, I work. Lol ;)
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    The Blackhorse is a good place to hang out, but it has turned into a sausage fest as of late. I am trying to find the mystical place where the girls from AP hang out, because a lot of the military girls around here are kinda shady. Basically, in order to pick up a college girl I have to go to Vanderbilt in Nashville and hope I don't end up going home empty handed. (or full handed dependent on how you look at it) ;) Then it is a long drive back to Nashville again. That is one of the reasons I am looking forward to getting out and moving to Dallas.
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    Man, they can't even SPELL pizza in Texas.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    I know, but there are some mighty fine college women at SMU, basically in downtown Dallas. I am planning on attending college of some sort after getting out, and I can live basically for free there, can't lose. haha.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Andy, there are some of us on here that don't have those old or young! Both you & Bill would do well to remember that this board is accessible to EVERYONE & very public, but should not be considered your neighborhood bar.

The fact that Home Audio enthusiasts tend to be older has more to do with better income rather than age.

AndyGwis wrote:
    I'm 26 myself, nice to have another "youngster" here as the demographic for high-end audio seems to favor more experienced persons (old balls). I didn't contract the virus of home audio until about a year ago. Thought I would fight it off, but couldn't. Now I'm quarantined here with the rest of these wackos.

BTW, $350 for the Marantz 8300 sounds like one hell of a deal. I got my Pioneer Elite 59avi for about that much myself and have been pleased, but probably would rather have the Marantz.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    I could care less about age personally. There aren't many people my age that could tell me anything about stereo stuff in general, much less anything nicer than a $100 Sony shelf system.
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    "CRACK" says Sistuh Cathy's whip!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Cathy just breakin' it DOWN.

Welcome aboard, welcome home.

Sounds like you got a good trip lined up, visiting the Rancho de no Concerno is a real treat. The slice at Russo's is nothing to sneeze at either.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2007
    Welcome to the forum Bill,and welcome back to your own soil.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2007
    I was 100% joking, Cathy. I edited my previous post to be more PC. I was just stealing a quote from Big Daddy, and, I mentioned shaking up the "stereotypical demographic," which we are both doing :)

I'm in Dallas, Bill. Holler at me if you end up making it into town :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
  • cfrizz
    edited January 2007
    No problem Andy, just between your comment & Bill's one track mind as far as the usefulness of women goes, it got to be a bit much.

Thanks.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    Standby it's all down hill from HERE.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cfrizz
    edited January 2007
    Naw DJ, come join me over in the "Joys" thread & you will be on the way back up in no time!:p :D
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Standby it's all down hill from HERE.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    I only add too I don't stare down on the "Joys" thread. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma