Israeli plans?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
http://channels.netscape.ca/news/article.adp?id=20070107141109990005

Lets hope diplomacy works but it is unlikely with that nut leader in Iran,Israel may have no choice.
Scary stuff.:eek:
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    The question is whether it's more scarey to do something ? or do nothing ?

The choice would seem to be self evident ...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    I say good for Israel!

You have a psychotic nutball in Iran pledging every single day to wipe Israel off the map and kill all the Jews and is developing nuclear weapons. As I see it, you have no choice!

Its like youve got this guy thats already fired a couple shots at you and even grazed you once or twice and is sitting there reloading with hollow point bullets swearing he's going to kill you. Youve got a gun too. What would you do.

Diplomacy doesnt work when the other party is not only a sick evil ****, but whose sole desire is to kill you! They dont want money, power, land, politcal influence; just you dead. How do you negotiate with that?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited January 2007
    Its only a matter of time. When it comes down to it, Israel will protect herself. Seeing that Iran has a complete madman at the helm, I say kick the tires, light the fires, and light his **** up!

end mini rant
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    How do you negotiate with that?

By destroying that crazy ****.

I was watching band of brothers on the history channel today and was watching the one showing the concetration camps. I can't believe he's trying to disprove this happened to turn people against them. Why won't other countries wake up and realize we are in the 1930s all over again
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2007
    All I will say is don't F$$$k with Israel. They have the 6th largest nuclear arsenal in the world. They will do what is necessary to survive.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    The other countries are well aware of the nutball. But understand, his goal is to rattle Isreal and the USA's cage. By goading Isreal thru Hezbollah/Hamas attacks, Isreal invaded Lebanon. The end result, Isreal made things worse in Lebanon by empowering the fanatics.

Interestingly enough, in recent Iranian elections, nutball's supporters were voted out in favor of more moderate politicians. He's painting himself into a corner, the best bet is to let him rant and stay quiet. His own people will take care of his future.

But Isreal will, like all countries, continue to work on plans to attack others. The whole article is based on the stupid assumption that a military normally waits until it's country is attacked to plan. I would bet the author is a combination of politically ignorant and anti Isreal.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    All I will say is don't F$$$k with Israel. They have the 6th largest nuclear arsenal in the world. They will do what is necessary to survive.

Not only that, but they have a whole lot more 'nads than we do and wont mess around!

You dont see them trying to give terrorists civil rights and access to the courts, or half their political parties screaming that its Israel's fault for all this mess or accusing their military of being ****'s. America is NOT the same country that fought WWII. I honestly dont think we would win if we had to fight it over again.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    Macleod:
    Their Constitution is different than ours, that's why.

As far as refighting WW2 now, I have no doubts about our victory. Remember, that war was easy to understand and fight, uniform against uniform. Secondly, fighting mass armies requires an economy on a war footing something that can be done, remember what the country was like right after 9/11, people would have put their head thru a brick wall. Had GWB been smart, he would have immediately offered Freedom Bonds to finance the war.

This could go on and on, but that is hijacking the thread, and that's not fair to the poster, GV#27.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    You have to like what they did in the 6day war in 1967 when all the surrounding arab counties attcked them.Not only did they quickly and decisively kick their sorry little butts but also took some of their land to add insult to injury.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    markmarc wrote:
    This could go on and on, but that is hijacking the thread, and that's not fair to the poster, GV#27.
    No worries Marc,hijack if you want it is all good discussion.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    markmarc wrote:
    Interestingly enough, in recent Iranian elections, nutball's supporters were voted out in favor of more moderate politicians. He's painting himself into a corner, the best bet is to let him rant and stay quiet. His own people will take care of his future.

Yes, and that is a good sign.

And that is why the Iranian leader (can't remember his name) HOPES, imo, that Israel takes out the enrichment plants.
    Israel attacks and his hand becomes stronger.
    Doesn't matter if those attacks are necessary and justified, or not.

They attack, they strengthen his hand.

Rule of thumb is: Never do what you know the enemy wants you to do.
    Sal Palooza
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Right ... The Israeli's should invite him to speak at their universities instead ... That would catch him off guard ...
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    Right ... The Israeli's should invite him to speak at their universities instead ... That would catch him off guard ...
    Next time he is in New York at the UN have sniper take him out.Think of what they would do if GWB visited Tehran.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    I say good for Israel!

How do you negotiate with that?

With as much military force you can throw at the evil SOB.

How about this:
    Iran claims its nuclear program is solely for peaceful purposes, including generating electricity, and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has condemned the U.N. move as invalid and illegal.

This crazy bastage is sitting on a huuuuuugggggggeeeee lake of oil and needs nuclear power for generating electricity. That like Hitler saying, "Tanks and the military build up is to provide our youth with discipline.":confused:

That idiot in Iran thinks the world's population is as his own people . . . sheep.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    GV#27 wrote:
    You have to like what they did in the 6day war in 1967 when all the surrounding arab counties attcked them.Not only did they quickly and decisively kick their sorry little butts but also took some of their land to add insult to injury.

That was 30 million arabs against 2500 Jews . . . do ya think God had something to do with that? Read the history of that war it is incredible what the Israeli's overcame. . . one of the history writers wrote that Jewish kids were jumping arab tanks and throwing molitov(sp) cocktails into them.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Rule of thumb is: Never do what you know the enemy wants you to do.

Ahaaaa spoken like a true attorney.:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    GV#27 wrote:
    Next time he is in New York at the UN have sniper take him out.Think of what they would do if GWB visited Tehran.

They should have that Iranian nut ball taken out in Tehran by an Iraqi. See how soon the other "arab" countries figure things out.
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    That was 30 million arabs against 2500 Jews . . . do ya think God had something to do with that? Read the history of that war it is incredible what the Israeli's overcame. . . one of the history writers wrote that Jewish kids were jumping arab tanks and throwing molitov(sp) cocktails into them.
    NO DOUBT who was helping them;)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    They should have that Iranian nut ball taken out in Tehran by an Iraqi. See how soon the other "arab" countries figure things out.
    That might make things even more interesting over there.Lets see you have Fata fighting Hamas,Shiiites fighting Sunnis, Israel getting it from all sides,add to this Iraqis fighting Irianians.CNN just doesn't have enough reporters to cover all of this mayhem.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    common sense tells you not to mess with the chosen people in the holy land. BTW, they do some crazy **** with an Apache helicopter.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    I have spent some time in the region you could say. There are some real wackjobs in Iraq, but there are a lot of good people who just want to go to the market without fearing a nutjob screaming JIHAD!!! and blowing up all of their fruit, along with all of those poor people.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    I have spent some time in the region you could say. There are some real wackjobs in Iraq, but there are a lot of good people who just want to go to the market without fearing a nutjob screaming JIHAD!!! and blowing up all of their fruit, along with all of those poor people.

I saw the same thing in Saudi, Bahrain, Quatar, and Yemen. They are all in the same boat. They all hate the Jihadists, but don't want to do anything about them. It's quite frustrating.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2007
    Every country has plans for military action. And they will constantly drill their forces to maintain combat readiness. It's a fact of life, and the entire world knows it.

If the Israeli's find they have no other alternative, they will destroy Iran's capability. But they do not need to use nuclear weapons to do it. They have conventional weapons which are more than capable of doing the job.

All this talk is just the media creating sensational news. I'd guess it's probably fabricated by some extreme radical group and they have some dumb **** buffalo'd into believing it to be gospel.

If they want to do it, you'll know it after the fact. They aren't going to broadcast it on Al Jazeera...
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    They all hate the Jihadists, but don't want to do anything about them. It's quite frustrating.

You just hit the nail on the head "but don't want to do anything about them," that is why I called them all sheep.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    The majority of the people there are very non-confrontational. They do not like violence, but they will not step up to stop it either. They applaud what we do, but not openly because of their religion. Odd people. Hopefully one day they at least openly disapprove of the jihadists. Some day.
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    The majority of the people there are very non-confrontational. They do not like violence, but they will not step up to stop it either. They applaud what we do, but not openly because of their religion. Odd people. Hopefully one day they at least openly disapprove of the jihadists. Some day.
    Its good to hear this from someone who has been there.Sometimes the impression we get from the media is that a large majority are crazy nutjob extremists.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2007
    U.S. just used a C130 gunship to take out a bunch of folks in Somalia. Got a lot of bad guys.:D
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    U.S. just used a C130 gunship to take out a bunch of folks in Somalia. Got a lot of bad guys.:D
    Hope they keep up the good work.:) Apparently there is no shortage of bad guys in Somalia.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007

I heard about that on a talk radio show today . . . they mentioned it was in retaliation for a 1998 attack (98 I think) and then said it was also another training ground for the al queada (or however those nuts spell it) coockooos.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited January 2007
    I have always told all of my friends that the media sensationalizes just about everything involving middle eastern people and extremism. A lot of good things happen over there everyday, but you never see it. You only hear about the soldiers that were killed or the latest nutjob to blow-up some market. You don't hear about the schools we built or the towns we restored after they got leveled in the war. There are a lot of good honest people over there that aren't getting a fair shake, but the media doesn't care about them because they aren't being blown up or wearing pseudo KKK outfits talking about the "white devil". Kinda ironic huh? A bunch of arab guys in white hoods. The first time I saw them, I almost laughed.