Monitor 12's (One beer, harsh. Two beer, less harsh. Three beer, better!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Mother Mooch
    Mother Mooch Posts: 129
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Ok, Did a little more experimenting last night! Dumped the Junk JVC r6000v 100 wpc into five channels with a wopping .9% THD... WTF, this new equipment leaves me baffled! Anyhow, I hooked the Yammy back up (less pwc, but much smoother and warmer!) And hooked the DBX back up! (yeah i know, more **** in...lol...) And i must have moved these speakers 20 times, But think i finally found the "sweet" spot... I was reading somewhere, It said, Keep the distance of the center of the woofer (radiator) = from wall's, Floors and corners! (yeah i know, wtf... but i t worked the best!)... I dumped the Sub and now can't wait to hear them sober when i get home... lol... I hope i have found the "golden ticket" to these polks! (still better than any i have ever owned)

PS: Do you think Matt Polk designed these while listening to Pink Floyd? lol...
    Shine on you crazy Diamond!

PSS: Is there really a "warmth difference" between times of manufacturing
    IE: say a Yamaha natural sound rec. made back in the 80's compared to a top of the line JVC HT rec. made in the 90's ???
  • Mother Mooch
    edited January 2007
    Options
    anonymouse wrote:
    Or you could get a 3960 and mod it and a Sonic Impact T-Amp :) Here kitty, kitty!

Anonymouse

I looked into those Sonic Impact amps, but they are only 15wpc??? Right???
    Or am i over looking something?

Thanks
    Steve
  • Mother Mooch
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I did some googling and still only see the T amp as being 15 watts? What am i missing?

I think my whole system would sound a LOT better if i just converted everything over to vinyl... :(
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I did some googling and still only see the T amp as being 15 watts? What am i missing?

I think my whole system would sound a LOT better if i just converted everything over to vinyl... :(

Forget the T-amp it's a mere toy. Those speaks deserve much better
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!