New years eve losers club

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    As most of you know I just moved to Newark Delaware. . . a friend that I grew up with (from 7 years old till about 18 yrs old) lives a 3 minute drive from my new home. . . he's in the same developement except on the other side. . . he has a legendary New Year's Eve party every year that I've heard of but never attended. I hear things can get very lively there. Well me and the Mrs. don't drink but we love to eat so we are going over in about 10 minutes. . . if the food is good and the drunks are tame I'll stay awhile. . . if not, I'm coming home to continue the rig set up.

BTW we were at Antny's today. . . got to meet Maryann (she's a very sweet lady) and the Amazings. . . the porcheta, brocoli rabe, and long hots were excellant the Amazings were well amazing. Antny is truley a sick equipment addict I am so green with envy of all the equipment and speakers he has. I got to listen to the HT speakers I bought from him, Phyllisann was smiling ear to ear when he gave us a demo.

I also got to see the CRSs he has for me. . . BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING! My compliments Jesse those friggin things are absolutely eye candy!

HAPPY, SAFE, AND BLESSED NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Joe
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    Home for the holidaze. I was in my late teens in the late 60's. If I never go to another party again, I'm STILL ahead.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, like 'The Spirit of Bermunda' isn't sitting right there next to you.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    Oh yeah! It's not a home without it.

I can't wait for this year to end. Nothing but bad **** for 365 days, and I mean right to the edge. You think the last day I'd get a break. Nope. Ran out about 3PM to get a few things and on the way home I wacked what looked like a Siamese cat. Never had a chance, the sucker ran right under The Shark. Couldn't swerve and braking was out of the question. Caught sight of him or her in the side view mirror, doing the speed of heat on 3 legs. No chance of finding it. I couldn't be more bummed about it.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    GG - here's wishing you a much better 2007!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    Sorry to hear about the encounter with the kitty George. It makes me sick to think that could be someone's beloved pet. I hit a puppy once, very sad.

I hit a couple of deer that got up and ran. I tried to run them down so I could finish the job with my bare hands but they got away.

My wife and 9 year old daughter are in the house. We ordered in Chinese for dinner. No alcohol in our house. I have nothing against it, we just don't partake with the little one around.

The Disney Channel is on upstairs, I got Andre Previn and the Atlanta Symphony playing Gustav Holst's The Planets on the big SDA's. I'll probably listen to some Nat King Cole on SACD later.

Happy New year Everyone!!!!
    Carl

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2006
    going to take down the 2 ch rig, and rewire, and put the electronics farther away from the tv. Might put the ht back together, as movies are just not the same in 2ch. Might kick the wife, both tike's are sleeping. No boos here they want to much for it. The wife and I will be watching final destination 3, and maybe the village. As far as eats go it'll be what ever left overs sound good at the time we are hungry.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Later,
    dude
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited December 2006
    I'm chillin' in the hotel here in Racine drinking LI Iced Tea and watchin' the Packers beat up on Da Bears. Hopefully the wifey will be here by midnight so we can bring in the New Year together.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    Relaxing at home. Too many amateurs out there!

Going to ring in the first day of 2007 by heading to the gym in the AM for a big workout!

Have a great folks!

John
    No excuses!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    Sexed it up, got drunk, passed out, woke up a little while ago, headed to a party, get drunk again, make fool of myself, then I'll blow my fingers off with a big firework. HNY!
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited December 2006
    Hot wings & Mic amber bock beer!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    NOTE: GO TO END TO READ CLIFF NOTES VERSION OF THIS POST.

Well, I just got back from watching a movie with a friend - a guy friend. Now I'm just sitting here kinda being depressed. But don't worry...I'm sure I'll shortly resume my regular regimen of really feeling depressed. ;)

I saw The Pursuit of Happiness. Great movie, somewhat of a tear-jerker, too. In different company, I might have let go of a few.

I'll probably sit back and listen to some music for a while. Mom's asleep, so no using the main rig. :( And I have *no* decent headphones to use with my iPod. The earbuds it came with stink. My Bose headphones (hold the criticism, please) are broken. My PC headphones with the MIC have a long cord that I ALWAYS hang myself in. Dad's Sony headphones are all sticky and try to make you bald when you take them off. And Dad's not sharing either pair of his Bose headphones.

Bah. I think I'll just get in bed and feel sorry for myself 'til I fall asleep.

Cliff notes version....Having a ball! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    Oh, oh, oh, how could I forget the two events that made this evening marginally livable?

First, I did a 180* spin-out on a wet exit ramp. No one was around, and I barely hit the curb when I came full circle. You better believe I was thinking my guardian angels.

Second, I then got pulled over for spinning my tires in the theater parking lot. Was going straight, didn't get sideways or nothin'; but I got a way with a warning.

So, this evening was kinda exciting, after all.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2006
    I am ducking bullets and hiding in my house here in Miami so I guess I am a loser too...but a happy one:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2006
    playin cards at the inlaws house. Nothin but soda so far - may have a few when I get home.... (Fosters)

Easy relaxing evening - not a bad way to ring in the new year. I hope the rest of the year proves to be this uneventfull...

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited December 2006
    audiobliss wrote:
    Oh, oh, oh, how could I forget the two events that made this evening marginally livable?

First, I did a 180* spin-out on a wet exit ramp. No one was around, and I barely hit the curb when I came full circle. You better believe I was thinking my guardian angels.

Second, I then got pulled over for spinning my tires in the theater parking lot. Was going straight, didn't get sideways or nothin'; but I got a way with a warning.

So, this evening was kinda exciting, after all.

I hope my favorite math major has a great New Year:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    A few days ago I picked up some buffalo meat with plans for a lunchtime BBQ. The buffalo burgers were stacked with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions. Rinsed it down with local brews and a cigar. Listened to some music after putting my belt out a notch. Took a nap. Good times.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Oh yeah! It's not a home without it.

I can't wait for this year to end. Nothing but bad **** for 365 days, and I mean right to the edge. You think the last day I'd get a break. Nope. Ran out about 3PM to get a few things and on the way home I wacked what looked like a Siamese cat. Never had a chance, the sucker ran right under The Shark. Couldn't swerve and braking was out of the question. Caught sight of him or her in the side view mirror, doing the speed of heat on 3 legs. No chance of finding it. I couldn't be more bummed about it.

Bummer GG I know the feeling I hit a dog once and was sick and depressed for a month. But it's 2007 and this is going to be a great one!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited December 2006
    Just arrived home from a low-key evening with a few close friends. Pissed as hell that the Bears looked like a poor high school team. Missed all the idots out on the road by taking back roads home. Give it about another hour and the idoits will be out in full force.

All in all a very non descript end to 2006. 2007 is here and I'm looking forward to it.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    I went out side and tried to bust a nut in the air, at the stroke of midnight.

It ended up being 12:01, but my nut grew a demon head and wings, and turned around and blew fire at me, before it flew off into outer space.

Happy new year.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I went out side and tried to bust a nut in the air, at the stroke of midnight.

It ended up being 12:01, but my nut grew a demon head and wings, and turned around and blew fire at me, before it flew off into outer space.

Happy new year.

Cheers,
    Russ

Sounds like the "handle of beam" has diminished significantly.:)

Personally I'm just chillin' at home with the wife and friends. I've done in the better part of a bottle of Maker's Mark tonight. The wife has knocked back a few big Ketel One 'tinis. Been a pretty mellow night, but quite enjoyable.

Take care all!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Had a nice meal, some wine and drinks and to watched the ball drop.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    guess what? we haven't reached the new year yet.. LOL most all of you are already in bed by now. ha ha ha. still got 24 minutes till 2007

Happy New Year to you alls.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2006
    1 hour 38 minutes into '07 here, and still hangin' in there!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    The neighbors managed to migrate this way....we cooked a few bushels of oysters and made a pot of gumbo. At the stroke of 12, it was time for them to get the f&*k out.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2007
    I had a little Dom, watched Dick Clark and went to bed. Happy New Year!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    ^^^^ what she said,minus the Dom ^^^^^
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Played some board games, ate some chinese food with friends... actually a pretty fun night. No drinky for me this year (stupid antibiotics), but still had a great time. Happy '07 everyone.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2007
    Tried to watch Dick Clark, had to turn the channel he just does not look or make me feel comfortable, but did get to watch the ball fall.

Drank two daiquiris and went to bed with the cats.
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited January 2007
    Holydoc wrote:
    Tried to watch Dick Clark, had to turn the channel he just does not look or make me feel comfortable, but did get to watch the ball fall.

Drank two daiquiris and went to bed with the cats.
    I'm sure MrBigbluelight has a picture of that somewhere:p
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market