New years eve losers club

opus
opus Posts: 1,252
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Allright Polkies sound off if you have nothing better to do than hang out and surf Club Polk on this glorius day. Let me know that I'm not alone;)

Whatcha doing and whatcha drinking and whatcha eating?

The opus household is going to watch the Bears game and Superman returns on Blu-Ray. Prime Rib for dinner, beer for dad and peppermint schnapps and hot cocoa for wifey:)

To start the evening off I quote the one and only Jim Ed Brown...."Pop a top again"

cheers kevin
The Flea rig
Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
Polk RTA-11t-flea market
LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
Behringer Feedback Destroyer
-flea market
AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
Post edited by opus on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Staying home, it's amateur night tonight.

Making some eggrolls, fried onions, and my super nachos. Drinks will be 7&7 for the lady, Abita Root Beer for little man, and I've got a handle of Beam, and some Dos Equis to wash down my nachos.

I've got the 9.6v R/C cars charging, and plenty of dvd's.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    yep !

got some Johnny Walker / Green Label I want to try out.
    wife and girls making hor-de-ors
    and some kind of meat etc.,

I`m hooking up th SS rig in the living room for everybodies enjoyment, but since loud noise and crowds aren`t my thing...I will be cruzin the net, and the Forum..

Probably be asleep by 10 or 11 anyway....like last year, and the three or four before that....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    A few friends coming over tonight; pork, turkey, rum, beer, scotch, a little music, dancing, and the good thing is that I don't need to drive back home :)

Happy New Year to all my fellow polkies!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • opus
    edited December 2006
    Russ,

care to share your "Super Nacho" recipe?
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2006
    I was just going to hang here (sad for an 18 year old, I know). Instead, I'm going to a small party w/ my sister where I'm only Friends with one person.

Fireworks if it stops raining
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    Hanging out with the kids tonight. They will most likely make it to midnight, I most likely won't! I've got some Foster's in the fridge, and we're heading to the grocery store after their movie is done to pick up some pizza's for them, and me too!

Russ - is Abita back in business? I love their beer and rootbeer, used to get it while I was at conventions in New Orleans. We had a place here in Rockford that used to stock it, but they said they couldn't get it anymore after the big flood.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2006
    Just staying home tonight, we live out in the sticks of Montana so not alot of places to go out here, plus its going to be around -10 tonight.

I've been sober since 1988 so not much on the alcoholic list tonight for me:)

Its our wedding anniversary tonight, its just the two of us, no kids. We're going to watch Any Bully and Cars. Have some fun later:)

Happy New Year!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited December 2006
    3 parties I was going to attend have kind of fizzled out. Usually do something big out of town package type deals with a bunch of friends. This year I'm heading over to my best bud's house to watch the Bears/Packers game have some eats and a few drinks, then head home a bit after midnight.

As I've gotten older New Years just doesn't float my boat like it used too. Gone are the days of being at those hot spots to be seen on New Years, 'eff it. Simple is fine with me this year. The year ended pretty crappy anyways. G-ma died a week before X-mas and earlier in the year my brother's wife lost her 4 year battle with breast cancer. So I'm all to happy to put 2006 behind me.

Cheers to all at CP, and looking forward to a prosperous, healthy and more happy year in 2007. Best wishes in 2007 to all!!!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    Movies with the family, fire in the fire pit at around 11:30pm, watching the fireworks on Pikes Peak.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited December 2006
    Ugh...that is tough finale Hainey...hope next year brings you and your family better.

I'm in (the loser club that is). Staying home by myself....probably work on some speakers tonight. We got dumped on last night...don't know the actual number but it had to be somewhere around a foot of snow.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL....WISH EVERYBODY THE BEST

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited December 2006
    Lets see, My mother and father in-law are coming over. We're probably going to play some euchre. It's the only card game they know. No booze, but I got a pot o' coffee brewing.

Happy New Year Club Polk.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    I'd rather stay home. Amatuer night. Got some people coming over. Porchetta, turkey soup, shrimp and a bunch of finger food. Got a couple fires going, a few bottles of bubly, some fireworks...

Nice and peaceful...
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited December 2006
    I have a 94 year old aunt who can whip anybody's **** in Euchre.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY BRO`S AND SISTERS HERE AT CLUB POLK...

WHAT EVER YOUR UP TO TONIGHT, TAKE A CAB , WALK , DESIGNATE A DRIVER...WHATEVER...BUT DON`T DRINK AND DRIVE ...IF NOTHING ELSE DO IT AS A FAVOR TO THE `OL BEARDOG

BE SAFE & HAVE FUN !!!

Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

• opus
    edited December 2006
    pblanc wrote:
    I have a 94 year old aunt who can whip anybody's **** in Euchre.

Euchre smack talking. Now that's what I wanted to see tonight.:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    Kevin
    Sounds like you've got good plans to me. Bev & I are crawling distance (and yes, we crawl, we're not proud people) from our friends house tonight.

Happy new year all, I sincerely hope 2007 is great year for all of you.

Steve, the tarantula wrestler
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    I wanna hang out at Russ'!

Me and the missus are heading over to a buddy's house to be joined by a few friends. Already woofed down one of Little Ceaser's $5 pizzas so itll be a strict liquid diet of my favorite stuff. Seagrams lime twisted gin chased down by Smirnoff Twisted black cherry!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • seo
    seo Posts: 305
    edited December 2006
    Diana Krall on the Stereo..

Cooking Radiatori with Shrimp, Chive Butter, Butternut Squash and Wild Mushrooms.

Probably just drink a little wine.

Play some games with the kiddos,

Turn in by Chicago New Years
    Signature goes here
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    +1 Beardog! They call it amateur night for a reason. I swore off going out on New Years Eve over 15 years ago after a horrible New Years Eve accident caused by a drunk amateur that took the life of a good friend who went out because she was sober and was going to pick up some drunk friends that didn't want to risk driving. I prefer to be safely tucked away at home with my kids.

Be safe everyone! Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    opus wrote:
    Russ,

care to share your "Super Nacho" recipe?

Substantial tortilla chip, ala something bigger than Tostitos rounds. I buy 'On the Border' chips here. A splash of refried beans, sharp cheddar cheese, fajita style chicken breast, picked jalapeno slices, bake, garnish with a dallop of sour cream or guacamole (or both).

Simple, good muchies.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited December 2006
    Happy New Year to all of you!

Cindy
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2006
    I'm gonna get dinner with a neighbor between 7 & 8 and we'll probably be in by 10 or 11. Defeinitely taking a cab. I think things are gonna be tight this year with the po.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited December 2006
    Gotta work my usual 12 x 8 tonight... :(

But at least it's time-and-a half!! ;)
    PS Happy New Year!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    I'm working.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • opus
    edited December 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    I'm working.

Punch somebody in the face for me will ya.
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2006
    Choosing to stay home doesn't make you a loser, it shows you can learn know matter what age you are. New Year's lost its appeal many years ago when it took days to get over the wrath I put my body through.

I find much more enjoyment in the impromptu get together turning into a raucous night than the planned smash fest with all the amatuers.

Cheers to all on here, and may you have an '07 to remember.................
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Just getting my groove on, making some of my famous shrimp salad and staying the hell away from all those idiots out there tonight.

Happy New Year!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2006
    I just got back from Denver this morning, so I have no need to go party. The wife and I will watch a movie or two while I finalize the Jan. issue of A$$A. boring as hell, but safely tucked away from from the drunken idiots out driving.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    Just got back from a good meal (very nice grilled shrimp pasta and a slice of chocolate mousse pie for dessert)...may watch a couple of movies...see if the wife wants to get lucky....just another new year's eve...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RSTERN
    RSTERN Posts: 287
    edited December 2006
    Just finished a tray of shrimp, spicy cheese dip in the crock pot, Football in hi-def on the tube. Watching the little one try to crawl. Life is good.
    Happy New Years.
    Rob
    mains: rt16
    center: csi40
    surrounds:fx 1000
    sub: SVS 20-39pc+