Found the Saddamn Execution Tape!

2»

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Once your neck snaps, all neural activity dies, so your brain can no longer tell your heart to beat, and blood can no longer get to your brain. It's pretty instant if it's done right. It's when your neck DOESN'T snap that you ahve to worry about suffocation, because then it's just like choking someone.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    Im pretty sure there are 2-3 states that still use hanging as a method of execution. Im not sure which tho.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2006
    Fox news is aware of this cell phone video, talked about the audio from the video. Just wait it's coming for all to see.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    They did video tape this with a real camera from what I understand. Eventually it should surface as well.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    exalted512 wrote:
    no ****, i wanted a better video than that. I wish the US would start hanging people...
    -Cody

We would have the DVD released the following Tuesday for new DVD day. 1080p and DTS 6.1 in the good old American overdo it way!

It was a bit disturbing watching him fall. As others have said, i'll take their word for it.
    No excuses!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2006
    Temple:
    Cattle thieves may be hanged on the spot.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    Watched part of it, but turned it off. Apparently I didn't miss anything. I can't watch stuff like that. The worst thing I ever watched was the Nick Berg beheading. I can't even tell you how horrible it felt watching something like that and knowing it's real. I will never forget that, and I will never forget what kind of evil it is we're fighting. I too felt pity for Saddam -- as much as the guy deserved every ounce of pain his people could inflict on him.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Im pretty sure there are 2-3 states that still use hanging as a method of execution. Im not sure which tho.

WA & New Hampshire are two states that allows inmates to die by hanging. Apparently they get to choose between hanging and lethal injection.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited December 2006
    No pity here for Hussein. Can't figure out why any American would watch another American being beheaded by terrorists... Better video is on the net, but none that I find show the entire deal. Only the moments leading up to him being dropped. I'll give him this: He at least faced it like a man. He never looked scared. A sliver of justice nonetheless....
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    univera wrote:
    No pity here for Hussein. Can't figure out why any American would watch another American being beheaded by terrorists... Better video is on the net, but none that I find show the entire deal. Only the moments leading up to him being dropped. I'll give him this: He at least faced it like a man. He never looked scared. A sliver of justice nonetheless....

The pity on my end comes from actually having a conscience. As much as I joked about him being executed -- I don't like it or relish in it. He needed to die, but watching any human die should never be easy, in my opinion. It's what separates the two cultures. The culture where human life is just ended with reckless abandon, and the culture in which we agonize over harming another human being in order to do what's right and just.

As far as Nick Berg -- there's a hell of a lot of people in this country and around the world who need to watch that so they wake the eff up and recognize the kind of barbarians we are fighting. It made me incredibly angry, and I probably didn't need to see it. 9/11 has apparently become a distant memory to some, and they would benefit from it.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    MacLeod wrote:

In Delaware, they still have whipping post laws but they are so old and never used (something like the blue laws in PA) that they never removed them from the laws books.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    Watched part of it, but turned it off. Apparently I didn't miss anything. I can't watch stuff like that. The worst thing I ever watched was the Nick Berg beheading. I can't even tell you how horrible it felt watching something like that and knowing it's real. I will never forget that, and I will never forget what kind of evil it is we're fighting. I too felt pity for Saddam -- as much as the guy deserved every ounce of pain his people could inflict on him.

That Nick Berg beheading is burned into my memory cells. . . sometimes if I think about for more than a second or two, I feel sick. . . but those memories are the ones that streghten my resolve that we to back our government whose desire is to track down and kill every single terrorist, and I don't care if they are Islamo Facists or not. I'm a pretty forgiving man but I have no tolerance for the cowardice of terrorists.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    The pity on my end comes from actually having a conscience. As much as I joked about him being executed -- I don't like it or relish in it. He needed to die, but watching any human die should never be easy, in my opinion. It's what separates the two cultures. The culture where human life is just ended with reckless abandon, and the culture in which we agonize over harming another human being in order to do what's right and just.

As far as Nick Berg -- there's a hell of a lot of people in this country and around the world who need to watch that so they wake the eff up and recognize the kind of barbarians we are fighting. It made me incredibly angry, and I probably didn't need to see it. 9/11 has apparently become a distant memory to some, and they would benefit from it.

Right on Brother on all points!
  • henee2
    henee2 Posts: 42
    edited January 2007
    Shaky because he was trying to hide his cam from others I guess because it was not allowed...

To McLeod:
    I would argue Hussein was better to be defined as a cruel dictator than a terrorist.
  • henee2
    henee2 Posts: 42
    edited January 2007
    To Cindy: Actually, I read somewhere that an execution costs the state more than keeping the guy just in prison until he dies. I don't know why this is, or if this statement is correct at all...
    Probably it becomes cheaper when the entire process is limited to 30 days grace period and then execution...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    henee2 wrote:
    To Cindy: Actually, I read somewhere that an execution costs the state more than keeping the guy just in prison until he dies. I don't know why this is, or if this statement is correct at all...
    Probably it becomes cheaper when the entire process is limited to 30 days grace period and then execution...

Correct, execution is more expensive mostly due to the appeals process.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.