Week #16 in the NFL

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
And Santa delivered a wonderful snap to give the Broncos a victory over the Bengals.

Actually the Broncos played damn good ball today. Excellent response to the Bengals butterfingers!

Talk to me about your Night Before Christmas!!
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    uhhh, frank... you should be more thankful than proud... Thats just wrong the bengals had such a great drive and for it to end like that.... but it did.

quick ?. Why do the steelers suck so bad!:mad:
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2006
    Most dropped passes i have ever seen in the NFL today. The Bears are so going down, just struggling with one of the worst. Easy walk of a season.

Ohhhh ya!

Go SAINTS!!!!!! WHO DAT!!!!
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited December 2006
    Screw the Saints, that was just embarrassing for us New Yorkers :(
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    The Ravens juggernaut steamrolled over the Steelers yesterday to easily sweep the season series for the first time. 58 - 7 was the total score for both games. Thanks to the Colts late season plummet, a win next week gives us a first round bye.

Chirs Berman said it best on ESPN this morning..."The Ravens are a locomotive that continues to build momentum. Everyone, watch out!"

Bring it on you ****! :cool:

Frank, insert a big Homer Simpson "DOH!" when the Bengals holder screws up that snap. LOL! I was loving it all the way.
    No excuses!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    The botched snap was certainly a gift. I can't really blame the holder though. Even if he could have wraped his hands around the ball, there was no way he was going to get it down and set before being creamed by the Bronocs defense. The snap went off to left, and the rest is history.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    Boy how 'bout them Titans?!

I was ready to throw in the towel 2 months ago and start rooting for the Redskins, but theyve really pulled it out!! Just think if Fisher had played Young from the beginning!

I was hoping they could finish out the season with a winning record but they face the Patriots next week so Im not too optimistic.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited December 2006
    Hey Dallas: FU!!! :D

Cowboys are seriously pwned by the Eagles this season. 4 weeks ago everyone counted the Eagles out, given their 5-6 record, the loss of McNabb, and the impending schedule (first time in NFL history a team has EVER been scheduled to play 3 consecutive division games on the road, and the Eagles went 3-0).

Now the Eagles are are in the playoffs and 1 game away from winning the NFC east.

Garcia? Whodathunk?...
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2006
    Dallas just bought us a buy week.
    I'm still calling Saints and Chargers, what a SuperBowl that will be!:D
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Go EAGLES!!!

It's Christmas time in Philly!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,182
    edited December 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Go EAGLES!!!

It's Christmas time in Philly!

E A G L E S!!!!!!! GO EAGLES!!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Hope the Pats can keep this pace going into the playoffs, they're looking.... decent. :D Cautiously optimistic, here...
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    scottvamp wrote:

Watch out for the Ravens Locomotive steaming through a town near you. :D
    No excuses!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Go Jets!!!! one hell of a 4th quarter but the pulled out a nice win. If they beat oakland next week which should be easy were in the playoffs.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    scottvamp wrote:

so hard to call with the topsy turvey season we have had, but this sure is a very valid pick. If one's life depended on it, most might consider tis the safe, life saving bet.

Baltimore is looking strong though. Dallas and Philly dont have the strength to get the job done.

If my Jets make it, it would be so sweet since they are doing something with very little, but I concede there chances would be slim if they get into the playoffs.

Bears, I say they dont have the offence to get the job done. which is wierd for me, because my picks, especially for superbowl, weigh heavy on a rock solid D, which the Bears have in spades.

so I'll go with this, New Orleans to take the whole shebang, they just seemed to have the blessed touch, when everyone shows up to play, they are a force to be reckoned with.

for disclosure, my early superbowl pick was the Bears
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    I don't think anyone in the NFC has a chance. I think the saints are the best team overall in the NFC but that conference has been pretty bad in general the past few years.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2006
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    Hey, let's not forget, the Rams have still not been mathmatically eliminated yet !

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    And the Packers actually have a legitimate chance....
    whodathunk?

Come on Demi... the train's about to leave the station:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    If everyone in the AFC WC hunt loses, the Chiefs could back in.

(Chiefs beat the Jacksonville Jaguars at Arrowhead.
    San Francisco 49ers beat Denver Broncos at Denver.
    Pittsburgh Steelers beat Cincinnati Bengals at Cincinnati.
    Patriots beat Tennessee Titans at Tennessee. This would put the Chiefs as a 6th and the Jets as a 5th WC.)

Can anyone say, unfreakingbelieveable? All because of a 14 points 4th quarter loss to the Browns. Den just needs to win to be in, which they should pretty easily. I think the Pats beat the Titans, and the PIT beats the Bungols. I also think the Jet's kill the Faiders, while the Chiefs sneak a win over the Jag's, putting DEN first WC and Jet's second WC. Oh boy. Both will be one and done!

Raven's take the cake this year I think. SD can't win if they rely on River's alone. Just won't happen.

NFC?!? Does anyone really care? :D:D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    SD can't win if they rely on River's alone. Just won't happen.

Yeah, I'm thinking they need a running back:D:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MrNightly
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, I'm thinking they need a running back:D:p

Well, if the Raven's shut down LT, than you will have shut down the Chargers. Besides, what's 30+ TD's in a season anyways for a single rusher? :D I'd be curious to see how many other TD's SD has besides LT's ya know? (Wow, too many TL acronyms... :D:D)

Regardless, it will be fun to watch this year's playoffs. Some really good teams to battle it out in the AFC.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    3157 passing yards
    20 TD's
    90.5 QB rating

I can think of worse playcallers to have on the field than Rivers:D Just think how many more touchdown's he would have had if not for a prolific LT.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    Love ya RT!!
    Go Bears!!!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • MrNightly
    edited December 2006
    3157 passing yards
    20 TD's
    90.5 QB rating

I can think of worse playcallers to have on the field than Rivers:D Just think how many more touchdown's he would have had if not for a prolific LT.

That's actually much better than I had thought off hand. When the lowly Chiefs played SD IN SD, out terrible D made River's look like a rookie. He was fuming mad and seemed to lose his poise. Just my observations...
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805