2»

Comments

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited December 2006
    Hope they realize He is with the family throughout the ordeal. St. Judes is the best. Prayers sent.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2006
    Done...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited December 2006
    First of all, the family wanted me to convey their sincere thanks to all of you for the prayers. They ask that you please keep them coming.

Some good news though: Julianne is home right now and recovering well from the surgery. She has to go back to St. Judes, Monday to prepare for the radiation treatments. The pathology report came back, and much to the suprise of all the doctors who were "99 percent sure" that the tumor was the really bad kind, it's not! It's ependymoma: Still a malignant tumor, but much less agressive. She won't need chemo, after all, and the radiation treatment will be significantly less damaging than they originally feared. So this is very good news!

Thank you all.

Jason
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    jcaut wrote:
    First of all, the family wanted me to convey their sincere thanks to all of you for the prayers. They ask that you please keep them coming.

Some good news though: Julianne is home right now and recovering well from the surgery. She has to go back to St. Judes, Monday to prepare for the radiation treatments. The pathology report came back, and much to the suprise of all the doctors who were "99 percent sure" that the tumor was the really bad kind, it's not! It's ependymoma: Still a malignant tumor, but much less agressive. She won't need chemo, after all, and the radiation treatment will be significantly less damaging than they originally feared. So this is very good news!

Thank you all.

Jason

Great News Thank God! That's the power of prayer Jason!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    That's good to hear...really good.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Mother Mooch
    Mother Mooch Posts: 129
    edited December 2006
    God bless her and hers'
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    jcaut wrote:
    The pathology report came back, and much to the suprise of all the doctors who were "99 percent sure" that the tumor was the really bad kind, it's not! It's ependymoma: Still a malignant tumor, but much less agressive. She won't need chemo, after all, and the radiation treatment will be significantly less damaging than they originally feared. So this is very good news!

YES! I have little ones of my own and can't imagine going through this.

Happy New Year to Julianne Post, her siblings and her parents, Joseph and Debra Post!!
  • dpotts
    dpotts Posts: 1
    edited June 2007
    jcaut? any news on julianne? Still praying for her. Deb is one of my best friends from high school - I sure hope she's doing OK.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2007
    Sorry for not posting an update sooner. I'm not the greatest at this sort of thing.

Yes, Julianne is doing really well. She had her last radiation treatment on March 2nd and returned home. She went back to St. Judes for a follow-up MRI on May 8 and received a clean bill of health! Of course, she'll be monitored for at least the next 10 years, but right now she's just a beautiful, thriving little 6yo girl. She's had very few ill-effects from the radiation treatments- all minor things that are considered very normal, I believe.

I know that her family would thank you all very much for the prayers for Julianne, and ask that you continue to pray that she remains cancer-free. And for Julianne's parents and siblings, too: This has been hard on all of them. They've been great, though. They're fine folks and probably don't realize what an inspiration they've been to others through this ordeal. I know that praying for Julianne and thinking about what THEY were going through caused ME to step back and re-evaluate my priorities.

And dpotts, I got your email and will send you one, but I may do it tomorrow-- I've had a long day and I'm afraid if I write more tonight it'll all be jibberish...even worse than my posts usually are...
    Welcome to the Forum, btw!

Jason C
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    Prayers are still coming in brother........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    That's really good to hear.

My brother had a brain tumor when he was about 2 1/2 and finished the radiation at the age of 3. He had to relearn how to walk and talk. He's on the short side, and still kickin' at 29. Had a few learning challenges along the way.

Your story kinda freaked me out Julianne was my moms name, just kinda weird from my perspective to see "my mom's name" in my brothers roll, know if you tell me her dad's name is Vince i will really freak.

Sorry for the hijack