Vote your favorite Christmas movie

2»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    polktiger wrote:
    No poll is valid without A Christmas Carol w/ George C Scott as Scrooge.

The best of all Christmas Movies. On your poll list - It's a Wonderful Life

I love George C Scott but I much much prefer A Christmas Carol with Alaster Sim.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    There are a few Christmas Movies I watch every year (A Christmas Story isn't one of them):

White Christmas
    Home Alone
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Holiday Inn (If for no other reason than Bing Crosby singing White Christmas)
    A Charlie Brown Christmas

In the rotation (but not every year):

Home Alone 2
    Christmas Vacation
    The Santa Claus
    Miracle on 34th Street
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    The Muppet Christmas
    Scrooged
    The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (origninal)

and an odd one....

A Midnight Clear (a 1992 movie that takes place in WWII during Christmas)

I have others that I occasionally watch as well.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    Bad Santa....the rest are for losers ;)

I love A Midnight Clear....I would say that's the standout out of those that have been mentioned previously.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jkn
    jkn Posts: 133
    edited December 2006
    You need to get/rent Badder Santa if you don't have it... just don't let the kids near when you watch it.

I'm also a fan of White Christmas and Holiday Inn (same deal with the song being the main attraction). We also have a fun Christmas special with Bing and Frank from the 60's that's really nice to toss on.

We just bought the anniversary edition of the The Grinch this - a couple of nice bonus bits on the making of the cartoon on it.

And, yeah, it's just not Christmas without Charlie Brown. I forgot to mention that in my earlier post.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    I love George C Scott but I much much prefer A Christmas Carol with Alaster Sim.

1)George C Scott
    2)Reginald Owen
    3)me
    4)Alistair Sim

sorry... Sim always came off as a bit too hokey for the role.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore