Vote your favorite Christmas movie.
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2006
    1. A Christmas Story
    2. It's a Wonderful Life
    3. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (Not on the list???)
    4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    5. Miracle on 34th Street
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    I voted for a Christmas story, but you should really consider adding National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I know too many people that would go to the grave arguing that this is the best Christmas movie. Actually, this was the only movie of any kind that my step-grandfather would watch. Other than that, you wouldn't catch him near a film.

I think some incarnation of A Christmas Carol should also be included with my vote going to George C. Scott's version.

Great poll though.

edit: whoops, didn't see Mickey.. guess he counts
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    You'll shoot your eye out!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    C'mon, where's Rudolph? :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    C'mon, where's Rudolph? :)
    dang it, I can't add it
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2006
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Jstas wrote:

see what I told ya, Pthug?:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited December 2006
    My faves are White Christmas and Rudolph.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    George C Scott's version of A Christmas Carol!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    George C Scott's version of A Christmas Carol!

+1:)
  • seo
    seo Posts: 305
    edited December 2006
    1. It's a Wonderful Life
    2. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1960's animated version)
    3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    4. A Christmas Story
    Signature goes here
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    Next year you'll have to add the new movie coming out on this Christmas Day:

"Black Christmas". :o
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    By leaps and bounds, a Christmas Story. One because it so reminds me of me. . .two it was made the year my older son Joe was born. I love it so much that when TBS plays it on a 24 hour run, I have it on all day and night. Plus I love it so much that I gave the DVD as Christmas present to my younger son Joey.

Next in line by leap and bounds is How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Then, It's a Wonderful Life.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Next year you'll have to add the new movie coming out on this Christmas Day:

"Black Christmas". :o

It's actually a remake. I believe the original may have starred Margot Kidder. I remember it as pretty scary, but then again, I was probably seven years old when I saw it. I think even the milkman scared me at that age:D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    Miracle on 34th Street. Always has been and always will be. I drive my wife nuts every Christmas as I just have to watch it.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2006
    National Lampoons' Christmas Vacation.....a classic. I watch it every year.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2006
    NLCV's a good choice.... the cat frying is classic...

I have to go with the 1934 A Christmas Carol in glorious B&W.

For modern times Scrooged gets the nod from me. Carol Kane as the sadistic ghost of Christmas present is priceless.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    My altime favorite Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation, no doubt.

But out of the ones that are listed, I choose Die Hard. I got that as a Christmas present about 1990 I think and watched it that morning with my mom and sister so from now on, that movie will remind me of a good Christmas morning.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2006
    What, no Nightmare Before Christmas!? This poll is useless.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2006
    Where is the new Black Christmas(horror movie 2006) option?

That's definately going to be my favorite. Otherwise, Die Hard for now.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    I voted for A Christmas Story but I have to say National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is my favorite.
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited December 2006
    When we were kids (my brothers and I), in the summer when we could stay up late, we used to listen to Jean Shepard on a transistor radio. So my favorite is "A Christmas Story".
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited December 2006
    Another vote for Miracle.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Gremlins
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited December 2006
    No poll is valid without A Christmas Carol w/ George C Scott as Scrooge.

The best of all Christmas Movies. On your poll list - It's a Wonderful Life
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" again (as I pretty much do every year) on Christmas Eve.... and every time I watch it it becomes my favorite again. At the very least it's the most poignant of the movies on the list :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited December 2006
    1 - Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas
    2 - Christmas Vacation
  • jkn
    jkn Posts: 133
    edited December 2006
    My all time favorite is Scrooge with Alistair Sim from 1951. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/ ) We watched it twice this year. I remember watching this every year growing up - and later on in the 80's it got the 24 hour treatment like "A Christmas Story" gets now. We bought it on dvd a few years ago - with Patrick Macnee doing an introduction (he appears in the movie as "young Jacob Marley" - you might know him from The Avengers...)

Behind that movie - Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Story are neck in neck for 2nd place in my list.

It's a Wonderful Life is also great...
  • crazyeyes
    crazyeyes Posts: 74
    edited December 2006
    I voted "A Christmas Story" but i have to say like many others did. Christmas Vacation is by far my favorite christmas movie.