Why I Don't Miss Denver In The Winter

DarqueKnight
DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Traffic along southbound Interstate 25 toward Denver at the Colorado Highway 7 overpass comes to a standstill during a winter storm, Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2006, near Erie, Colo.
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
Post edited by DarqueKnight on

Comments

• dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited December 2006
    That looks like the similar hell-on-earth those poor **** at the airport are stuck in.

"While some flight updates still said "on time," airport spokesman Steve Snyder said the runways likely wouldn't open before noon Friday.

About 4,700 people hunkered down with her overnight after all flights there were canceled -- more than 1,000 of them Wednesday and Thursday morning alone."
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    portrait.jpeg
    IT'S THE MOUNTAINS...IT'S ALWAYS GONNA BE THE MOUNTAINS!! GET ON THE BUS NOW, LEAVE!!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2006
    Just stay indoors and get some nookie. It's easy to handle that stuff.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    James just said nookie....Now I have heard everything. :p
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2006
    Hey, I'm expanding my horizons and vocabulary through trips at work.... Now the bastages want to send me to Syria or Sudan... Bastages...

Parents back porch last evening:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited December 2006
    Ooops, I thought this thread would have pictures of Miss Denver??
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2006
    Spend a winter in the pacific NW and you'll miss Denver's winters real quick!
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    My uncle lives in Colorado and he had this picture I always thought was hilarious. I tried to find it but cant.

Its a cowboy, hat and all, up to his kneck in snow and the caption reads "There are some drawbacks to having a short horse in Colorado."
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2006
    capecodder wrote:
    Ooops, I thought this thread would have pictures of Miss Denver??

It would have if the title had been "Why I Don't [Do] Miss Denver In The Winter"
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!