New Year's Resolutions

2»

Comments

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    1) back to the gym and diet.
    2) Take the wife on that vacation for 2 she's been asking for.
    just booked Vagas for march.
    3) finish the house. I have the 3rd floor hallway and some trim work in the kitchen so I think this will be easy to keep.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    1) Buy my first house
    2) Fill house with cool gear!
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2006
    In no particular order....

1. Get back into shape and lose about 20 pounds
    2. Find another job....preferably not government-related. You would too if you work for these people
    3. Not to upgrade any A/V component in 2007
    4. Pay off credit card debt
    5. Propose to gf and have her say "yes' :o
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    Danny Tse wrote:
    In no particular order....

1. Get back into shape and lose about 20 pounds
    2. Find another job....preferably not government-related. You would too if you work for these people
    3. Not to upgrade any A/V component in 2007
    4. Pay off credit card debt
    5. Propose to gf and have her say "yes' :o

Thats a life changing resolution. You should hold off on the no av upgrades until you get married. Because after you get married upgrades get harder to make.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    Thats a life changing resolution. You should hold off on the no av upgrades until you get married. Because after you get married upgrades get harder to make.

That's true in more ways than one.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    #1- Get back to into powerlifting and the strength and size I was at a couple years ago. I was 100% natural benching 420, squatting 600 and weighed 255 with a 37" waist. Ive been half assing in the gym the last couple of years and am down to a puny 239 so Im very much wanting to get big and strong again.

#2- Avenge my 2nd place finish at World Finals last month by not only winning my first World Championship this season but also by beating the dude that beat me every chance I get!!

#3- Get a 2nd job to pay for #2

MrNightly - Thats very cool youre a boxer. Boxers and wrestlers are the baddest ****'s in the world! I always thought a guy that could box like Mike Tyson of the 80's and wrestle like Kurt Angle (yes the WWE guy - he also happens to be probably the best Olympic wrestler in history) youd have the baddest dude on the planet!!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited December 2006
    1. Get back in shape.
    2. Be debt free.
    3. save money.
    4. continue education.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited July 2007
    Well... halfway thru the year... how are we all doing?

For mine, I'm getting there. Been hitting the gym (My basement!!! :D) 6 times a week, and starting to see some good improvements.

Working on it... :D

Making sweet progress on the house... if only there was more money to go around. But still, looking good!

YAH! Full ride for the semester just came in the mail today... I'm excited. Enrolled for 12 hours this fall at UMKC, and hope to finish up my degree before I get too old!!!

Cheers!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    Haven't done a damn thing I said I was gonna do for New Years. However, things I promised myself years back have come true to my wildest dreams.

Dates don't make a difference. What you do does.

So long as you make continual progress in what you want to accomplish, the world is yours to conquer. See your goal and everyday when you wake up, make one step toward achieving that goal. This holds true with one goal, or 50. Priorities.

Some days, take ten steps if you can make it happen.

Eventually you will get to where you are going.

Sometimes WELL beyond.;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~