• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2006
    cambir wrote:
    HEY!!!!:mad:

SNIP

Remember...all those I just offered help to could also be #1 or #2! :eek:

Nice one! :cool:

I figured you worked for PSE or a cooperative in the area. I read earlier it's finally under 100k w/o power.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2006
    Nope. No power affiliation whatsoever. If I did, my relatives would have power by now. :)

Just thought I'd offer assistance if someone was in dire need. Gotta help other "Polks" out...I've seen others offer kind words, gestures (some, maybe not so kind:D ) and even helping others move!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    cambir wrote:
    Nope. No power affiliation whatsoever. If I did, my relatives would have power by now. :)

Just thought I'd offer assistance if someone was in dire need. Gotta help other "Polks" out...I've seen others offer kind words, gestures (some, maybe not so kind:D ) and even helping others move!

cambir don't take it the wrong way.. you're still pretty new here.. I'm sure no one meant anything bad by your generosity ... it takes a kind soul to offer help in time of need.. alot of people are just a little leary.. and to proud to accept any kind of help.

I stuck it out myself years ago for 6 days. You get used to it being cold and dark. My boss did offer those of us his couch or floor if we needed it. Here again, we were to proud to take him up on his offer. We did accept his offer of a Thanksgiving dinner though.. since it was that time of year.

Stick around though cambir.. there are more of us Pacific Northwesters on here every day. Welcome to club Polk .

Al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cambir
    edited December 2006
    pride is ok, but a "predatory rapist" is a little extreme. :(

I was in Spokane during that storm in the 90s (EWU grad). I90 was an ice-rink. Temps were single digit (with negative double digit wind chill). That was not enjoyable at all. Ahhh...Eastern Washington. :D
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited December 2006
    cambir wrote:
    That was not enjoyable at all. Ahhh...Eastern Washington. :D

I was living outside Coeur d'Alene... I'll always remember the sound of trees cracking, almost constantly. We lost big chunks of trees next to our house, and every little twig and branch was coated in ice. And like you said, driving was an adventure.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2006
    We have natural gas at home. Gas fireplace and water heater.

We had a small generator at work. We didn't have the store open. The generator allowed our critical phones and computers to work. Nothing else. Its been fun and cold at work. I came home reeking of gasoline. Everyone had to come through the drive thru.
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2006
    cambir wrote:
    HEY!!!!:mad:

Try and be a nice guy and look where it gets you! :confused:

I'm sorry. I was just joking, and it was off-color. I often make that mistake, particularly with people that don't know me all that well yet. Trust, me, I was only kidding. Honestly, I am actually quite floored that you would be so generous to someone you have never met. It was a very gracious offer of you. I'm sure many of the regulars here that know me at all know I was being silly, and I'm sorry I decided to write that.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, sarcasm and humor can be a **** in written text, it always gets misconstrued :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2006
    It takes a very gifted writer to be able to mate sarcasm and humor in text writing; and that writer I am not.
  • cambir
    edited December 2006
    all in good fun...no lasting offense taken. :)
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2006
    Well, the power came back on for us Thursday night. However, we have no cable. We get our cable, phones and internet from our cable service. So really, whats the point in having power back?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Well, the power came back on for us Thursday night. However, we have no cable. We get our cable, phones and internet from our cable service. So really, whats the point in having power back?

Hmmmm..........now that is whats f---uped in america today.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable