Week #14 in the NFL....

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
And the Broncos sucked Doggie Doo!! One of the local news guys put it best..." You can't give up 48 points and blame it on the QB!"

Well at least the Miss-Chiefs lost too.:p

Don't talk to me, I too busy cryin' in my beer to care.
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2006
    Falcons win Carolinas loses. Oh yeah. Vick didn't do me any favors on my fantasy team though.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    Seems the Colts have taken a page out of the Broncos Self-Destruction Handbook.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2006
    Oh well Frank, hopefully we'll end up with a decent position on draft day. Got to admit, Cutler's got a cannon.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2006
    I have to admit, I really enjoyed watching the Saints annihilation of the Cowboys tonight. What an explosive team. I loved the onside kick in the 3rd quarter to really douse any hope of a comeback. Brees did alright for me in fantasy football too. ;)

Chefs are looking like they'll be watching the playoffs on tv again this year.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, Bush is really fast. Just in case no one noticed that yet.
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2006
    Congrats also to LT. He seems like a nice guy and he is a great RB.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    The Ravens bounced back from that loss at Cincy to hand the Chiefs their first home loss in December in 12 years. After the loss to Cincy, Billick gave the team 5 days off which alot of the media questioned. Any questions now?

Right now, looks like The Ravens and Chargers in control of the AFC. Indy...oh my gawd what was that?
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,565
    edited December 2006
    Well, thankfully Del-Bomb hurt his thumby thumb, so he sat out - finally...

Unfortunately, Weinkie (sp) sucks worse dog doo than he does. Still effed up in the 4th quarter... but lets just say our entire team, particularly the defense sucked extremely bad...

What a lame excuse of a team, especially with all the talent we have...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Pats got BLANKED by Miami. Just doesn't look good this year.

It's lookin more and more like San Diego and N'awlins have what it takes though. Fantastic games by both of them yesterday.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2006
    this is the titans 4th win in a row...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    I know nobody wants to do this (myself first and foremost)...

but it may be time to finally admit that the Saints are for real this year.
    I can't keep holding out since there are only 3 games left in the season.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Check out the Saints, Cowboys got their asses handed to them last night.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    The Cowboy/Saints are likely the two teams that will meet at the NFC title game(unless, somehow they have to meet in an earlier round).

Still a lot of football left to go before we start naming the SB winner.

As far as the Colts go...I'd say they're likely not making the SB. Teams have finally figured out how to beat them.....run, run, run,, run..keep Manning's offense off the field as much as possible, then that makes him have to play catch-up, which means Peyton can't use his runners to set up the play-action plays.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited December 2006
    Yep, I'm an Indy fan, but I think last year was their best shot at winning the whole thing and they couldn't close the deal. They're still fun to watch play even when they loose, but I don't see them going deep in the playoffs.

Whoever is responsible for the decision to not bulk up that defense should be fired. That small, fast defense doesn't work anymore (look at Tampa), teams have figured out how to use misdirection to use that against them.
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited December 2006
    "Ugh." - Pats fan
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2006
    ahorvitz wrote:
    "Ugh." - Pats fan

"Ditto That"-Broncs Fan
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited December 2006
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2006
    Gee, I voted for Devin Hester as the NFC kick returner in the Pro Bowl before tonight's game, but now I'm not sure. ;)
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2006
    That man is fast.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited December 2006
    Chargers vs Bears in SB. Chargers win 27-20 :cool:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    I am getting a kick out of many of the sports announcers who now state week by week who is the best team in the NFC/AFC or all of Football, its like a college poll with them flip flopping like a fresh caught sea bass left on a sandy beach.

Got a real chuckle last night when one of the bright minds said "If Grossman plays well the Bears are the Best Team in the NFC".

HuH??????????????? I thought we played the games to decide the champs. Maybe we should have the sportscasters vote for number one each week from each league and they play for the championship, that way their determined "hottest" team could get in and their vote would be more important than the season, we could weight the whole thing based on a computer ranking of the strength of schedule and call it the Super Bowl Series, of course only the voted number one's could be the champ and the other ones just play to get the other spot rankings and of course the fans can spend there dough and grumble about the sportcaster votes and so on.

We could just let the large market teams get most of the play unless those little market teams meet some extraordinary criteria so even if they went undefeated for the season they could be locked out of the Super Bowl Series, those teams could play in some games beforehand.

RT1

RT1
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    RT,
    We missed you in the BCS thread:D

Seems at the very least, you were lurking in the shadows:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Meh, they gotta fill 24/7 with SOMETHING, so it's usually just guessing and spouting off nonsense for people to argue about. It all comes down to who plays best on Sunday (or Thursday, or Monday), but that's not much fun during the week, now, is it? :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Don't forget Saturday, Bob:p
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Sad day for Chiefs fans and all sports fans in general.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/12/14/bc.fbn.obit.hunt.ap/index.html

RIP Lamar Hunt
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2006
    My SAINTS and Chargers all the way baby!!!!!!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    They gotta get through Baltimore first!:D
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    A scenario of using Michael Vick at running back and Matt Schaub at quarterback was discussed Wednesday in case injured Falcons tailbacks Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood are not healthy enough to play Saturday night against Dallas.
    -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Uni... please chime in on this one.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    LOL

You don't put your starting QB at RB unless you plan on him no longer being your starting QB. Vick isn't built as a back, and while he can run and juke fast he'd get hammered. That's no good when you're expected to throw the ball once in a while.