Sda 2b

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited December 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
SDA 2B's for sale :) They are just taking up space right now. I'd much rather have the money (and the space that they are taking up).

They are in good condition. I guess 7/10 as far as appearance goes. There are some scratches on the cabinets but nothing serious I don't think; just light scuffs or scratches. The drivers are perfect though. There's no rust on the screws (like I've seen on some SDAs) and all the mid woofers are still sticky. The PR's do not have any bubbles or peeling. Drivers look new!

They sound great. I originally sold my Lsi7's to keep these but since I sold my amp I don't care to really keep them anymore. They were nice to have for a while, but aren't really a speaker I'd stick with long term. Plus they don't really work well with the setup of my room.

There's no SDA cable included, but these are the pin/blade variety so you can use a regular RCA cable because the blade doesn't do anything. How do I know? Well, I tried it. First I used a monster sub cable and then decided to just use some speaker wire. Worked perfectly.

They are very big and I definitely don't have boxes so PICK UP IS A MUST! They are in zip code 12508 so you can determine how far away they are from you. NY, NJ, PA, and CT residents wouldn't have to driver very far depending on how close you are to NYC.

Price is $300

You can e-mail me at airplay355@hotmail.com or AIM Airplay355

Check the good buyers and sellers thread for feedback.

Pictures available here http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41245

Yes, I paid $50 for them (on an ebay auction fluke), but I'm using the $250 (if I get 250) to pay for college/car insurance, so have sympathy and don't murder me please!
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2006
    Options
    What difference does it make what you paid for them? Even if you had received the speakers as a free gift, you are entitled to sell them for whatever the market will bear.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,864
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I agree with the Darque one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2006
    Options
    If you were more local I'd be tempted. I've had an urge for larger Polks since I got my Monitor 11T's earlier this year
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I didn't know you lived there Airplay! I go to Fishkill once or twice a month. Good luck with the sale!
    Carl

• Airplay355
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I live in Fishkill :)

Well John, I do venture to Maine every now and then. Possibly for this Christmas even. If I'm going to be in Maine for Christmas, would meeting on
    I90 work out for you? That is pending me actually going to Maine for Christmas though, not sure if that's happening.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Fishkill...sounds like a toxic waste site or oil spill, huh????:D

Good Luck with the sale.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Airplay355
    edited December 2006
    Options
    It's dutch. Kill means creek, so there's Peekskill, Stonykill, Fishkill, all pretty much in the same area. A bunch of wackos wanted to change the name to something nicer because Fishkill was too mean or something.
  • John in MA
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I'll have to think that over, very tempting. Don't let it get in the way of other deals, though.

Any idea how these would compare to 11Ts? They're tall, narrow speakers with twin 6" woofers, single SL2000 tweets and two small passives. Same active drivers as the 2B, I think.
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Go for it John! It's an easy drive from Boston (during non rush hours)

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Airplay355 wrote:
    I live in Fishkill :)

I've spent many a night in the Hilton Garden Inn on Rt. 9.

Carl
    Carl

• Airplay355
    edited December 2006
    Options
    It's a very easy drive from Boston... I90 to I84, and I'm a 2 minute drive from Exit 12. I've never heard 11Ts, so I'm really not sure. Maybe one of the more experience members will chime in. The thing that surprised me the most was the amount of bass you get from two mid woofers. I guess the PR really helps a lot. The heart beat in Dark Side of the moon sounded great! I also loved the imaging of course. I listen to a lot of trance and it was nice to have things whirling around the room. That's what made me get rid of the Lsi7's. They just didn't sound big enough and the SDAs did.

I've spent many a night at the Ruby Tuesdays across from the Hilton garden Inn stuffing my face haahaa.
  • John in MA
    edited December 2006
    Options
    It's not the drive, it's my vehicle. Still working out the kinks.

You wouldn't happen to want to try another kind of speaker, would you? I have a few Klipsch KG3, KG4, and Heresy models I no longer use.
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Rent a car John! The car rental will be about $50. These speakers are well worth the cost of the speaker plus the rental. You won't get anything close to this sound for $350!!!

Carl
    Carl

• John in MA
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Wouldn't be worth it to me. These things don't seem to go for all that much at auction.
  • Airplay355
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I don't need any other speakers, sorry. These are the only remaining piece of my stereo, I sold it all. They are just sitting in the corner of my room right now so I figured I'd get rid of them.

I can't think of anything that sounds better then they do at their price point, I just have no use for them lol. Don't really have a use for any speakers at the moment.
  • John in MA
    edited December 2006
    Options
    No stereo, hmm. Want a whole system?
  • Airplay355
    edited December 2006
    Options
    No thanks, haahaa. My last college payment would be nice though :D
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Nice speakers, someone should scarf 'em up.

Lets add Cobleskill, Catskill, Platekill, Wallkill, Spakenkill and ... OK enough, but I was just working in Fishkill (Beacon) last week at the Fishkill State Correctional Facility which is just a stones throw away from my office in Buchanan (home of Indian Point nuke plant). I didn't know you were in the area.
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Bill and Hilliary are living nearby in Chappaqua. Maybe you have have them over to check out the Polks!;)

Carl
    Carl

• Airplay355
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Sure am Bob. And I'll be driving to Potsdam on Wednesday night so if you want these I'd be on my way North already.