Week #13 in the NFL....

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
And the Bengals beat the Ravens on Thursday Night football!! 13-7.

This weeks Broncos vs. Seahawks is going to be interesting to say the least. Shawn Alexander is back in the line-up and the Broncos are starting a rookie QB that has an arm that must be seen to be believed. No John Elway comparisons please, this kid needs to get his feet wet and find his own niche.
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2006
    I am very much looking forward to Sunday nights game. It should be a good one.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    DAMN, we sure took that one on the chin last night. No problem, we'll bounce back. We have extra rest days until the next game. 4 days between games, travel and play in Cincy...I'm not shocked we lost. No excuses though. We had our chances but didn't come through.
    No excuses!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    I don't get NFL Network :-(

Just out of curiosity, to those of you in the local markets (Baltimore area, Cincinatti area) did any of your local stations carry the game? For example, when there's an ESPN Patriots game, ABC always carries it on broadcast TV.

Surprised Cincy won, regardless. Seems Cincinattica is pulling it together.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Strong Bad
    edited December 2006
    Yep, we had a local station here in Baltimore carry it.

As a side note, OH MY GAWD does Bryant Gumbal suck at sports broadcasting. 3 hours of putting up with him and Collinsworth and their mindless babbling!

Come on NFL, I know you can find someone out there with a little experience.
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Looks like Cincy's the fashionable pick again..

3 straight losses followed by straight wins and one minute away from posting back-to-back shut outs. I'm going to have to get used to Cincy as a defensive jugernaut.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited December 2006
    Short week and a road game against a team that's now playing well, along with it being a must win for Cinci, made that a very tough game for the Ravens.

SB is right- Bryant Gumble sucks. I hate Collinsworth too. I'd like to see Mike Patrick back doing NFL games, even with a drunk Paul Maguire. They're much better than those two fools last night.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    We had no local station showing the game; I was pissed because even in SD, off the air looks better than Directv.

But....great game and the Bengals after all can make it to the playoffs if they keep it up...tough games coming though...

Oh..and I am also pissed I had the ravens in the pool :(

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    Kornheiser(sp?) is the worst.

Whether you like Michael Irving or not, I think he does a great job...at least he doesn't hold any punches, says what's on his mind and....HE PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL!!!!

I'm tired of the comedians and stat nerds, trying to tell us what we know we saw, wasn't really what happened and then go on to try to explain to us what they think they knew happened.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2006
    I love Kornheiser on PTI, but in the Monday Night Football booth, he is HORRENDOUS. Then again, that whole booth sucks. Theisman is such a tool.

And I gotta disagree with the Michael Irving comment. The guy just sticks up for all his buddy criminals and troublemakers, and you can't understand a word that comes out of his mouth. Plenty of people played football, doesn't make them good commentators.

Can't wait for them to get Jaws back in the booth. He played football, can TALK about football intelligently without sounding like a moron... perfect.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    HTrookie wrote:
    We had no local station showing the game; I was pissed because even in SD, off the air looks better than Directv.

But....great game and the Bengals after all can make it to the playoffs if they keep it up...tough games coming though...

Oh..and I am also pissed I had the ravens in the pool :(

Bungols will only make the playoffs if KC or DEN slips up. So CIN doesn't control their own destiny actually. FYI.

Ya, I picked the Ravens too. Thought they would hand it to them.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    No way KC or Denver are going undefeated for the rest of the campaign...
    so I think it's safe to say that Cincy controls its own destiny. Expecially, since they're squaring off against Broncs in a couple of games, it's a moot point.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    I know it's not only up to the Bengals... but at least they are doing their part; I agree with zombie...KC or Denver will slip :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    And like I said, Denver and Cincy play each other...
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2006
    Titans beat the Colts!:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    Sorry, MrNightly, but Cleveland beat KC. :confused:
    Sal Palooza
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Bears beat the Vikings (no thanks to Grossman :mad: ).
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Strong Bad
    edited December 2006
    Suddenly, after todays performance by the division leaders, I don't feel so bad for the Ravens losing on Thursday night.

Colts and Chiefs taking HUGE ones to the chin! The Patriots had to work extra hard to get their victory. The San Diego game was somewhat tight also.

Helluva 60 yard boot by the Titans kicker!
    No excuses!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    The Chiefs SUCK!!!

I HATE THEM! They are the worst team in football... ARG...

Ok, I feel better.

I actually didn't get to see any games today, worked from stupid 6am to 6pm. All this week no less. But I fear to even check the sporting pages, from the sounds of the game. Blowing a 14 point lead in the last 8 minutes. Unheard of. Ridiculous. Absurd. They don't deserve to make the playoffs playing like that, and will learn well to put a game away, instead of just watching Good teams battle in the post-season.

Anyways, I hate working Sundays. Totally sucks missing Football!!!

Go Donkeys!!! ;)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    How 'bout them Cowboys.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2006
    The Giants beat the Giants. The Cowboys just happened to be on the same field.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    How 'bout them Cowboys.

almost losing to the (lately) dismal giants.;)

and is it just me, or is Chicago trying to pull a 2000 Baltimore Ravens:eek: Chicago doesn't has a chance though, If I can remember, the Ravens at least had an ok offense, right...
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    tommyboy wrote:
    almost losing to the (lately) dismal giants.;)

and is it just me, or is Chicago trying to pull a 2000 Baltimore Ravens:eek: Chicago doesn't has a chance though, If I can remember, the Ravens at least had an ok offense, right...
    Da Bears have always been a defense 1st team.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2006
    another awesome game by the titans.

Last week they come back from a 21-0 deficit in the 4th and came out on top 24-21. Now a 60 yard field goal. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come from them.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2006
    tommyboy wrote:

Trent Dilfer certainly played better than Rex Grossman has been. And the '00 Ravens had Priest Holmes AND Jamal Lewis, so they had a ground game. I don't see Chicago making it past the first round of the playoffs.
  • halo
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I don't see Chicago making it past the first round of the playoffs.
    Me either ;)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Another good Jets victory!
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2006
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2006
    The interior of the Broncos D-line once again is worn down at the end of the game and can't get any push.

Of course 5 turnovers didn't help.

SD wins a tight one again. They better watchout in the playoffs because those who live by the sword, die by it.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2006
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited December 2006
    Halo wrote:
    Bears beat the Vikings (no thanks to Grossman :mad: ).

I was looking at the stats from that game..

Total yards: Vikes 348 Bears 107
    Passing yards: Vikes 156 Bears 24
    Rushing Yards: Vikes 192 Bears 83
    First Downs: Vikes 21 Bears 6
    Time of Pos: Vikes 39:21 Bears 20:39

Final score: Vikes 13 Bears 23

How bad is that? I don't know who was worse...Grossman or Johnson
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub