Visitor From Pittsburgh, PA

SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
Carl (schwarcw) was in the Chicago area and I was honored to have him here as a house guest today. We listened to tunes all afternoon :cool: (a couple at insane volume levels :D), with some great conversation breaks between tracks. When the wife got home from work, we went out for eats.

Carl, it was a pleasure having you over and we thank you for dinner! You are welcome back anytime. (And I will be brushing up on my cheque grabbing skills!);)
Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
Post edited by SCompRacer on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2006
    I think I need to import some audio folks to the North. Glad you guys had a good time.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Great stuff Rich & Carl. . . we are having a pow-wow this Friday night at Phil's (pearsall001). Me, Billy (LibertyC) and Anthony (Amulford). Boy talk about a meeting of the minds!!!:eek: LOL

Seriously I can't wait to hear Phil's tweak out speakers and hopefully his new AVA Ultra DAC.
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2006
    Local get togethers are fun. Victor (Halo), his brother Greg and (Norm)anality were here a couple of weeks ago.

They can be costly too. I have a tube rectified power supply on the way and a new xover is already in place.:eek:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    janmike wrote:
    I think I need to import some audio folks to the North. Glad you guys had a good time.

Maybe some Polkies from North of the border will be at PF07 ? ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Local get togethers are fun. Victor (Halo), his brother Greg and (Norm)anality were here a couple of weeks ago.

They can be costly too. I have a tube rectified power supply on the way and a new xover is already in place.:eek:
    Ya - I'm getting in deep myself with the InnerSounds. It's all your fault! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;):p

I still gotta take you and the Mrs. out to dinner next time me and the Mrs. make a trip out there.

I knew you couldn't resist that tube PS. So you snagged the Marchand now that Norm's got the new InnerSound x-overs?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited November 2006
    Would've liked to have met Carl also :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2006
    Halo wrote:

I knew you couldn't resist that tube PS. What about the Marchand now that Norm's got the new InnerSound x-overs?

LOL I already got a NOS Mullard 5AR4 waiting for it.

I'm glad I had the car thing going and didn't order a xover when Norm did. Deep down I must have known he wouldn't need his for long. ;)

ESL's strike again...:D
  • halo
    edited November 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    LOL I already got a NOS Mullard 5AR4 waiting for it.

I'm glad I had the car thing going and didn't order a xover when Norm did. Deep down I must have known he wouldn't need his for long. ;)
    He never does seem to keep stuff to long does he? :rolleyes: :) . He's got a boat load of gear to unload over there. :eek: Now he needs to get his HT on ;)
    SCompRacer wrote:
    ESL's strike again...:D
    We'll see ;):D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    Maybe some Polkies from North of the border will be at PF07 ? ;)
    And there is that possibility as well.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:

Details on the xover brother details???
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2006
    Details on the xover brother details???

Marchand XM44. The first design Innersound 200WPC @ 4 Ohms bass amp with active xover for the Eros MKII had only one knob that controlled bass/mids. It worked OK, unless you are a picky bastage and wanted ultimate control and flexibility.

The second design Innersound 600WPC @ 4 Ohms bass amp with active xover is more desirable due to the increased power with seperate mid and bass control. To get one of these you would have to purchase a used pair of speakers that have the newer style bass amp.

Roger Sanders, the creator of the Innersound speaker, was generous enough to provide Norm with the xover specs and he had Phil make a custom XM44 with seperate bass, highs and 5dB mids boost controls. Norm went off in another direction so the Marchand became available.
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited November 2006
    Glad you 2 had a great audio day!!

Carl, next time you're in town, I promise I'll play hookie from work.
    Rich has really built himself a class A audio setup!

Victor, what makes you think I have anything here to sell? :confused:

I mean, all I have here to unload is:

(2) TAD 60 tube amps
    (1) Audcom AP100 tube preamp
    (1) McAlister ML-33 tube preamp (almost forgot this one)
    (1) Carver CT-28V HT preamp
    (1) Marantz DV6500 DVD/cd player
    (1) Quad CD-P 99/2 cd player
    (1) pair PS Audio Xtreme Statement 2m biwire speaker cables
    (2) pair Nordost SPM 1m IC's
    (1) pair Polk SDA 1C speakers walnut (fully modded)
    (1) pair Carver ALIII black speakers (modded woofies)
    (1) pair KEF C85 speakers

I absolutely hate wheeling & dealing and packing so stuff tends to collect just a little :D