PS3... did anyone wait in line or camp out??

2»

Comments

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited November 2006
    Just another example of people being stupid. I personally think anyone who'd buy this thing at normal price is a moron. You can build a PC that would smoke this thing for the same cost....and have more than 10 software titles to boot.
  • johnADA
    johnADA Posts: 98
    edited November 2006
    I wonder what in taxes this will all cost me.

I wonder how medical facilities, medical practitioners, HMO's and etc will all deal with this in the future.

When was the last time you saw kids out playing football, hockey, baseball, hell even in the streets riding or walking around, unless there poorer kids!!!

I can see it now.

Doctor he cant let go of the controller.
    Doctor he cant even bend over to tie his shoes.
    Doctor they cant make thicker glasses for him to see better.
    ETC ETC ETC ETC.

Well Mame, your kid suffers from a new disease called BRAIN BOX DEATH and we have no idea how to aid or cure this!!!!!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    is anyone going to stand in line (if there are even any lines) for the Nintendo Wii? :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2006
    Zero wrote:
    Joey,

You will definately be the first to know when I come across the next cash maker. Right now, I am tempering my hope to bring home any serious amount of cash - whether that Mc will come or not really depends on the bottom line. I will be keeping fingers crossed.

Do the Mac's come with mail boxes??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2006
    The stores in my town are having raffles. Aparently the Wii's are low qaunitys. My local video store is only getting two units. But, the demand is not thier like the PS3. Just watched a review on the new Zelda game and it looks really good. Got a 9.5 from IGN......
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006
    I dont understand how anyone can stand in line for 3 or more days. I'm guessing you all must be under the age of 21 with no real jobs? Or do you use 3-4 days of vacation time?

I could do it for one day but more than that, it isn't worth it for me..but if I were still in college...I'd be all over it,

Now I can't get away from work:(
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    On line outdoors for three or four days? Shitting in a bucket inside a tent? At best maybe running down to a gas station toilet? There's a lot of class.
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited November 2006
    After waiting an entire 20 mins at target. I was 25th in line out of 25. They had 24 systems. Yeah, and one guy was there just to make a quick buck so he tried to sell me his ticket. I said no, he was dissapointed. Screw em. He has until noon to buy it, it didn't look like he had the money to even buy it so unless he finds/found someone to buy the ticket he is out of luck. Unfortunatly I can't hate him as much as I want because he looked like he could use some extra cash, but who is to say he wouldn't buy booze with it? Oh well, it just really sucks that those who want the systems can't get them because of all the people trying to make extra cash (no offence those that do this, I personally just can't although I have thought about it ;) ).

ZELDA! I NEED YOU!!!!!

I also missed out at BB by about 4 systems. So nothing for me, I guess I should finish my last couple of classes so I can graduate instead.

I did pick up Zelda though, just in case I run across a system and all the Zelda's are sold out too.

Howie
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2006
    prices on Ebay has started to average down to about $1200, the end of hype is near the end?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2006
    I will never understand it. People will pay anything just to be able to give a kid something for christmas day. One month after the holidays, there will be plenty of playstation 3's for the regular price.I tried to get my twins the ELMO TMX. People are getting $200 for a 39.00 toy. Looks like my kids will get another present AFTER christmas.
    This is just like Cabbage patch kids, Tickle Me Elmo, and all the other "must have" gifts that have come out every year.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    check this out.

Yakima, Wash -- It took only 30 seconds for a gunman to steal a PlayStation 3 from a Central Washington University student who waited 36 hours to buy the game console.

"Some unidentified person came up in a car with gun opened the door, shoved it into his face and said give me your PS3," said Aaron John, who's friend Joe was robbed shortly after both men left the Yakima Wal-Mart on Friday morning. "So my friend handed over his PS3, drove off and that's all we've seen of them."

Throughout the week, KIMA News Watch featured the students on our broadcasts while they waited patiently to buy the PlayStations. After waiting two days and sleeping a night in the Wal-Mart Garden center, the students spent 700 dollars each to buy the new systems.

On Friday morning the three young men left Wal-Mart just after midnight and started driving to Selah. They believe the gunman saw them leave the store and followed them as they drove away, but they did not know they were being followed by an armed robber.

"Out of the whole time I was driving home, I had a sense - a feeling - that I was being followed," Eddie Jenkins, one of the three students, said. "As soon as I got up my hill I parked my car on my grass and kept it going because I wanted to stop in ... pick up my paper, give my mom a kiss and go back to college."

When the students arrived at the house, Jenkins got out of the car and walked to the front door. Meanwhile , the gunman ran up to the vehicle and threatend his friend Joe, who asked that his last name not be used in this report, with a handgun.

"As soon as I opened my front door, a car was speeding off going down the hill," Jenkins said. "I see my friend running to me, telling me that he just got his PS3 stolen at gunpoint and I was in disbelief."

Jenkins said he and his friends are disheartened that someone would rob them after they waited for hours on end and spent hundreds of dollars.

"We spent so much time doing this, we get it, we spend the 700 dollars to get it - and those guys take it," Jenkins said. "Just like that. It's ridiculous."

Selah Police provided limited information about their investigation, but detectives are reviewing a report the three boys submitted after the robbery.

Meanwhile, Jenkins and his friends plan to sell the remaining two PlayStations they purchased on Ebay.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    I am sorry this happened to the young man. He was "disheartened" to find out there were people in this world that would do that, after he waited do long on line and spent his hard earned money. I have some advice for that young man.

PUT DOWN THE FREAKIN' VIDEO GAME CONTROLLER, PICK UP AND READ A NEWSPAPER, AND LEARN A LITTLE ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU!!

Love,

George Grand
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2006
    My advice is Really shoot the bad guys! Put the practice to practical.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2006
    I am sorry this happened to the young man. He was "disheartened" to find out there were people in this world that would do that, after he waited do long on line and spent his hard earned money. I have some advice for that young man.

PUT DOWN THE FREAKIN' VIDEO GAME CONTROLLER, PICK UP AND READ A NEWSPAPER, AND LEARN A LITTLE ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU!!

Love,

George Grand

Don't know why he would want to do that, the world pretty much sucks.....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited November 2006
    George-

Sad, but very true...
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    The world does pretty much suck. You want to sit back and watch, or try to help out? Being informed is not going to hurt the kid at all. Living in video world?
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    I got to say guys, I pretty much disagree. There is alot of bad out there but the world is what you make it. You have to be street smart to survive in this world and bad thing are going to happen to everyone. It's how you bounce back and the choices you make that dictates how your life will be.

kids living in the video world is NOT helping.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006

geez...that's like saying someone deserved to get raped because of the clothes they wore..they had it coming...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited November 2006
    I didn't wait in line but I had to wade through the crowds of people camping outside to get into work everyday. We got 18 ps3's and 90 wii's. It's no wonder nintendo sold more in this quarter than playstation. We had people outside from wednesday night until opening on friday so they only had to wait three days but at no point did it ever get out of hand. The Wii crowd, reaching to over 90 people, was a little worse but still no riots or anything.
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    krabby5 wrote:
    geez...that's like saying someone deserved to get raped because of the clothes they wore..they had it coming...

I don't think thats what he ment.:rolleyes: He's saying the boy should live in the real world a little more and be aware that you have to be ready for such things because they happen every day.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    It's not even remotely the same as saying that Krabby. If you can't figure it out, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not saying reading the newspaper and staying abreast of affairs would've stopped him from getting robbed. It might have stopped him from being "disheartened" when he found out there are really bad guys in the world, not just in video games.

Thanks Mr. Salla.