One Time Polk Vintage db Component Set Giveaway

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Up for grabs is a NIB set of db3045 4" Component set. Also included is a Polk Audio XL (sorry Macleod) t-shirt.

http://www.carreview.com/mfr/polk/speakers/PRD_98159_1805crx.aspx

Rules:
1. Must have over 100 posts.
2. Must have a use for them. Do not resell these.
3. NO WARRANTY!! Parts are no longer available.
4. Drawing will be held Friday at noon.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2006
    Great karma, if I had a use for them I'd be in.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2006
    OOO! OOO! OOO! IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN!!!!!!

I have 4" EX's in my Ranger's dash and that component set would be perfect!

All I gotta do is find another dB sub since I never heard back from Kim on if they could repair the spider in my dB104.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2006
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited November 2006
    Awesome karma! Throw me in please. These would be perfect to start a car system ;)
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    DEFINITELY IN!!!

This is a sign from God!

I was talking about my new install for next season with my teammates and they suggested using the 3.5" holes in my dash for mids but I nixed the idea because Polk doesnt make a speaker that size and Im loyal to Polk (a little brown nosing there :D ).

This would be perfect!! I could go with the dash install and still stay all Polk!

4's in the dash and my beloved SR6500's as midbass in the doors!

If I dont get these, that would be ok. Id just have to go with Hybrid Audio Technology 4's. :eek: :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited November 2006
    Great Karma. I'd be in, but my Acura is already rockin a top of the line system. . .

. . . BOSE!!!! :eek:
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2006
    You are banned...
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited November 2006
    In please. my bose speakers crapped out on my infiniti.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2006
    Is the car included?
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited November 2006
    I am in....

AndyGwis wrote:
    Great Karma. I'd be in, but my Acura is already rockin a top of the line system. . .

. . . BOSE!!!! :eek:

I yanked the Bose stuff in my car the first chance I had :D .
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2006
    exalted512 wrote:
    Is the car included?

Sure...why not. It's not mine. Brand new '06 Civic.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    DEFINITELY IN!!!

This is a sign from God!

I was talking about my new install for next season with my teammates and they suggested using the 3.5" holes in my dash for mids but I nixed the idea because Polk doesnt make a speaker that size and Im loyal to Polk (a little brown nosing there :D ).

This would be perfect!! I could go with the dash install and still stay all Polk!

4's in the dash and my beloved SR6500's as midbass in the doors!

If I dont get these, that would be ok. Id just have to go with Hybrid Audio Technology 4's. :eek: :D

Or just stop being a puss and put SR5250's in the kicks.
  • Jstas
    edited November 2006
    Thom wrote:

DING!

• okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited November 2006
    I'm in. I loved that db series.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2006
    Thom wrote:

Nothing wrong with that idea either but its hard to beat dash mounted mids and tweets for staging!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    IN!! I could definitely use these (T-Shirt included :))

Great Karma!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Jstas
    edited November 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Nothing wrong with that idea either but its hard to beat dash mounted mids and tweets for staging!

Yeah but dude, the dB's are voiced much differently than the SR's. On top of that the SR's are more sensitive and will play louder any way on the same power. If you throw 4 inch dB's and thier silk dome tweeters in the dash, you are not only going to skew your sound stage but there will be a huge disparity between the silk dome tweeters in the dB component set and the ring radiator tweeters in the SR set.

I don't see any improvement to be gained by mixing and matching speakers like that. Subs would be a different story. If you really want to have dash mounted speakers and you are serious about competing, build yourself some mounting rings and put the SR5250's in the dash using the 4 inch holes to let the magnets drop through and reduce the mounting height. Or, get the kick panel pods, throw the 5.25 inch woofers in the pods and build mounting panels to flush mount the ring radiator tweeters in the dash in the 4 inch holes. The other set of SR's will help fill in the disparity between the low woofer mount and high tweeter mount.

Then again, this should probably go to another thread instead of clogging up this one.

• MacLeod
    edited November 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    Yeah but dude, the dB's are voiced much differently than the SR's. On top of that the SR's are more sensitive and will play louder any way on the same power. If you throw 4 inch dB's and thier silk dome tweeters in the dash, you are not only going to skew your sound stage but there will be a huge disparity between the silk dome tweeters in the dB component set and the ring radiator tweeters in the SR set.

I don't see any improvement to be gained by mixing and matching speakers like that. Subs would be a different story. If you really want to have dash mounted speakers and you are serious about competing, build yourself some mounting rings and put the SR5250's in the dash using the 4 inch holes to let the magnets drop through and reduce the mounting height. Or, get the kick panel pods, throw the 5.25 inch woofers in the pods and build mounting panels to flush mount the ring radiator tweeters in the dash in the 4 inch holes. The other set of SR's will help fill in the disparity between the low woofer mount and high tweeter mount.

Then again, this should probably go to another thread instead of clogging up this one.

Youre 100% right John. But you see, these DB's would be FREE! :D:p

Seriously tho, 5.25's wont fit even with a spacer. The section of the dash in barely 5" across.

.....and I think Ive demonstrated that Im pretty serious about competing. You dont spend $1000+ in one year doing something youre not serious about. ;)

• Jstas
    edited November 2006
    That's all? ;)

Seriously though, to have spent that little and be successful...it's odd. Then again, that is what you spent, not counting what you already had. Most people I've seen blow a minimum of 3K on a novice level system.

• exalted512
    edited November 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Youre 100% right John. But you see, these DB's would be FREE! :D:p

Seriously tho, 5.25's wont fit even with a spacer. The section of the dash in barely 5" across.

.....and I think Ive demonstrated that Im pretty serious about competing. You dont spend $1000+ in one year doing something youre not serious about. ;)
    you could replace that panel with an entire new one made out of fiberglass and custom pods to fit 5.25s and cover it in vinyl to match your interior:D :D
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2006
    exalted512 wrote:
    you could replace that panel with an entire new one made out of fiberglass and custom pods to fit 5.25s and cover it in vinyl to match your interior:D :D
    -Cody

Yeah youre right. I could do that......right after I sprout wings and fly around like a little pixie. Do I have to remind you of the 4 sided box?

• exalted512
    edited November 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Yeah youre right. I could do that......right after I sprout wings and fly around like a little pixie. Do I have to remind you of the 4 sided box?
    no, but i figured it was going to come up sooner or later in this thread...;)
    -Cody
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2006
    Get your names in!!! 30 minutes to go!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2006
    And the winner is.....

Dude in a Room!!!!!!

PM me your info
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2006
    This drawing was FIXED!!!! How could I have not won?!!!?!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    ^^^^^What he said!!!! :)

Congrats dude....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2006
    Thank you all pm will be on the way, I'm at work right now
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2006
    nadams wrote:
    This drawing was FIXED!!!! How could I have not won?!!!?!

It helps if you enter.:D
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2006
    I demand a recount!!!

Congrate Dude. Youre gonna love em!! :D