Props to Danger Boy!

BottomFeeder
BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
On Sunday, Al kindly disconnected a bunch of his gear and brought it, along with his valuable knowledge, to my house to help me dial my gear and to make suggestions about what to do next. (& Yes, I heard a difference when he used his much better than my interconnects! So I guess I know where I fall in that debate/argument!:eek:).

It was great to learn from Al and to listen to and discuss music with him. It's just fun to hang out with someone who appreciates good music and good sound! Great time and props to you, Al!
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
Post edited by BottomFeeder on

Comments

• criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited November 2006
    Good loooking out for a fellow Polkie, that's what family is all about.

CRj
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    WTG Al!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited November 2006
    Kudos, Al.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, Al's alright, I guess.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    :D LOL! Now don't kill yourself with all that enthusiasm!:D
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Yeah, Al's alright, I guess.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2006
    Way to go DB!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2006
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Your a good man Charlie Br uh oh DB!!!:D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2006
    Very nice of you DB!
    Carl

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2006
    Al is a great guy and audio is in his blood. This is what it's all about folks.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    I had great time as well. Brent's RTA12C's look brand spankin' new. You'd never in a million years be able to tell they are about 20 yrs old. Everything about them says... "hey look at me!!"

I've not spent much time listening to the RTA12's before.. they are a very good sounding speaker. I was impressed with the wide soundstage. He has them hooked up to nice sounding new NAD components. I have always been fond of the NAD gear over the years.

We're planning to do more tweaking and listening in the upcoming months. :)

Brent has now been given a taste of the dark side of interconnects. Mwhaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa!! (i can't believe how easy it was) :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2006
    Did you show him any of the Raymond cables?
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2006
    A wide soundstage is what I noticed about them too. It was weird the first time I did an A/B comparison with RTA 15tl's (which IMO have a deep soundstage). Definately an underrated blast from the past that on occasion can be found for a Franklin. Don't let their size fool you, these gems are heavy.
  • danger boy
    edited November 2006
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Did you show him any of the Raymond cables?

We did hook up a pair of the Raymond cables.. but with the SL2000 tweeter. it was a bit to much. The Cobalt Cables fit the bill just right this time. ;)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2006
    DB - Can you compare the Cobalt cable IC's to Signal Cable IC's?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • danger boy
    edited November 2006
    Halo, in terms of sound quality both the Signal Cable and Cobalts are about the same. where they differ of course is in build quality. I use both Signal's and Cobalts in my two ch systems.

The Cobalts are a little more money yes, but the build is top notch. Locking connectors.. excellent warranty on them. The sound is very smooth and detailed on the Cobalts. Good bass, nice clean highs and mids are not muddy at all.

Obviously with Signal Cable you get a Club Polk discount.. that appealed to me of course. For the $ the Signals are very good.. i just don't really care for the build quality. Even though no one but me will see them behind the components, I still like a well made interconnects that are thick and study, while looking good and sounding good too.