Saw true desperation / poverty / evil tonight

2»

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2006
    PThug... I made it about a quarter of the way through and had to stop reading. I'd say "pure evil" is pretty accurate...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Got to the bottom of the first page and had to stop. Gruesome thoughts and mind images. Evil in the worst degree.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2006
    Are you f'en kidding me!!! I don't care how poor or what kind of poverty stricken area you live in. There is know plausable (pardon my spelling) excuse for any of this crap. It's primal instinct to protect your young. To use her to beg is one thing, to break her legs is beyond desperate. They had it right the first time, EVIL. As far as that **** in africa, I can't even think of words to describe what I'm feeling. I should never have read that article.
    Thank god I live in America.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    A couple sad stories from todays news:

A young mans mom had to pull the plug on his life support today. He was 23 years old. He was shot in the spine some three years ago when he wouldn't give up his Allen Iverson basketball jersey. This crippled him. Last week his defibbilator malfunctioned during the night, depriving him of oxygen, and leaving him in a vegetative state. He had already forgiven his attacker, and had told his mom he never wanted to be left on life support machines if it ever came to that. She granted him his wish last night, and today his organs were donated. Yes, I cried through the entire broadcast.

In a totally unrelated story from the same city on the same day (yesterday), a 37 year old woman was shot and killed in her apartment as she sat in her wheelchair. No idea what they shot her for, and no suspects at this time.

I'll leave it to somebody else to divulge the location of these crimes against humanity.
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    A couple sad stories from todays news:

A young mans mom had to pull the plug on his life support today. He was 23 years old. He was shot in the spine some three years ago when he wouldn't give up his Allen Iverson basketball jersey. This crippled him. Last week his defibbilator malfunctioned during the night, depriving him of oxygen, and leaving him in a vegetative state. He had already forgiven his attacker, and had told his mom he never wanted to be left on life support machines if it ever came to that. She granted him his wish last night, and today his organs were donated. Yes, I cried through the entire broadcast.

In a totally unrelated story from the same city on the same day (yesterday), a 37 year old woman was shot and killed in her apartment as she sat in her wheelchair. No idea what they shot her for, and no suspects at this time.

I'll leave it to somebody else to divulge the location of these crimes against humanity.

Ya, I saw this too. This is sad and the city's murder rate is still rising. This was a very touching broadcast on this mornings news. But, there are bad people in every city (not just here). The fact this kid was shot over a jersey is just crazy. I don't know if I would be able to forgive the person if it had been me.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Did you get the impression from the images that the family was not at all well-to-do? I don't know where that young man ever summoned the strength to forgive his attacker from. He must have had a very good upbringing, despite the financial situation. In pretty stark contrast to the story from Turkey I thought.
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    Really shows that money dosen't make the person. I'm glad the man had peace in his heart when it was his time to pass. Still, a real waste for someone to do this over something so trivial. I remember years ago when kids were shooting each other over sneakers.
    When you see a kid like the one today, you have to ask yourself,whats different. Here is a kid from not so "well to do" circumstances and another kid probably in the same boat and shooting him for a shirt.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited November 2006
    The Congo War is pretty complicated. One reason is the struggle for control of mineral resources, especially coltran.
    Coltran is a key element in cell phones, computer chips, and Sony Playstations.

What courage those doctors have in treating and dealing with the victums that suffer from fistula. To have to peer into the depths of hell everyday is beyond comprehension.

:(
    Sal Palooza
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    those in those militias cant even be called human.

polkthug called it, its evil in its purest form.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    Mazeroth wrote:
    That's not good enough.

What is good enough? and why do you feel that way?
    Agreed.

Same questions to you George . . .
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    Did you get the impression from the images that the family was not at all well-to-do? I don't know where that young man ever summoned the strength to forgive his attacker from. He must have had a very good upbringing, despite the financial situation. In pretty stark contrast to the story from Turkey I thought.

I wonder if this brave young man's forgiveness changed the attacker at all? I think that poor kid who did the forgiving just did it because of his apparent great upbringing and had no alteriour motive, but one can only hope that that selfless act would soften the heart of the attacker to the point of doing a 180 in thinking and living, even if it is in prison.
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    I wonder if this brave young man's forgiveness changed the attacker at all? I think that poor kid who did the forgiving just did it because of his apparent great upbringing and had no alteriour motive, but one can only hope that that selfless act would soften the heart of the attacker to the point of doing a 180 in thinking and living, even if it is in prison.

I'll say this. He was a better person than me. I think I would go to my grave with hate in my heart and revenge on my mind. I hope I would be above that way of thinking, but I dought it.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880