db6500 Tweeters laying down

Options
1BAD4DR
1BAD4DR Posts: 7
edited November 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have the db6500 6.5 components and am about to give up and go with something different. For the past 2 months i've been trying to figure out why when the volume is turned up, after about 15 seconds it sounds like i turned it right back down...i have asked around on a few other sites and everyone seems to think my gain is turned to far up on my amp...well i've made hundreds of small adjustments to the point where it gets too quiet, like 100% sure it can not be getting too much power....and it still does the same thing...? i have a regular crossover and i've tried runing it (crossover to amp- to the crossover with the speakers) and still no luck...please tell me someone knows whats going on...any help is much appreciated!
Post edited by 1BAD4DR on

Comments

• Jim Shearer
    Jim Shearer Posts: 369
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I'll take a guess that you have the volume too high and the amp is going into protection mode. Note that more speakers are destroyed by using an amp w/ too little power than by having too much power. If you like it loud, then you need LOTS of power. Consider trying a 200 wpc amp & see what that does for you.:)

Cheers, Jim
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • 1BAD4DR
    edited November 2006
    Options
    if the amp went into protection...wouldnt i lose all sound coming from that amp? everything still plays its just not crisp and clear like i want......i really dont think the power is the problem...the guy that sold me the amp and a few others told me this amp would be overkill....as much money as i have into this thing their should be no such thing as volume too high....my uncle has about half the money into his system and it stomps all over mine
  • 1BAD4DR
    edited November 2006
    Options
    could this problem be headunit related..i've had this pioneer for about 4 years...i've been reading things about preamp voltage....is it possible that i have a very low voltage preout and because that..i've got to crank the gain up to get the sound out of it...i ordered a new pioneer thats suppose to have 5 volt preouts...think it might help?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited November 2006
    Options
    You'll get better help by posting your questions in the "On The Move" section below.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jim Shearer
    Jim Shearer Posts: 369
    edited November 2006
    Options
    OOOppppsss! My bad. I was thinking you were talking about the rm6500! :eek:

In car stuff is a whole other world. As F1 suggests, try the section below where they do cars.

Cheers, Jim
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • 1BAD4DR
    edited November 2006
    Options
    sorry...thanks