Cell Phones On Airlines? Yes Or No

Options
2»

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Text Messaging, it solves worlds of problems when it comes to being rude and talking in public.

Whether it be on a regular phone or blackberry, people should learn text messaging.

Now, when it comes to a cellular devices in a vehicle, I vote no on everything. Cell phones in a car have nothing to with being rude, it's about the safety.

If you NEED to talk to someone in a restaurant, movie theater, or other similiar setting use a damn text message! And no one give me the BS text messaging is expensive, even the worst plans its only a couple extra bucks a month.

Now if we really wanna talk rude, nextel 2 way radios not on speaker off mode in public settings! I really don't care to hear both sides of a conversation never mind one side.

Ya, I send over 2500 messages a month. It's my preferred method of communications. Easy, fast and hassle free. I've got my whole family into it, and think about it... even the big sports coaches are texting their players. It's super easy. You don't interrupt anyone, and they read it and can reply whenever.

I also like the WiFi thing. But I voted yes as well :)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I like having my phone. I mostly text in public places anyway or I tell the other person I will call them later. Rude people will be rude no matter what but I want my phone.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Josh wrote:
    I'd rather see WiFi on planes than anything. It would be great to have an internet connection for that 5 hour cross-country flight. Then you could e-mail and IM without disturbing anyone.
    Not nearly as profitable as flat hourly/30min billing that they'd try to put into place. Also, I'm not even sure that you could keep a wi-fi connection doing 500mph.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.