Upgrades for SRS SDA 1.2???

Options
microdavid
microdavid Posts: 1
edited July 2002 in Speakers
Can any of you folks suggest the best upgrades for these original 1.2's. They have the 2000 silver dome tweeters. I would like a little brighter, more forward sound. Welcome all suggestions. Thank you
Post edited by microdavid on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited July 2002
    Options
    What are you using for power? Are they bi-amped or bi-wired? I know raife1 has upgraded the capacitors and resistors on the crossover, perhaps he could help. What source do you listen to, cd or vinyl? Have you tried different interconnects as they can help big time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by microdavid
    Can any of you folks suggest the best upgrades for these original 1.2's. They have the 2000 silver dome tweeters. I would like a little brighter, more forward sound. Welcome all suggestions. Thank you

I certainly would not replace any of the drivers. Upgrading the capacitors and resistors will give you a little more detail, but it will not make the 1.2's sound "brighter" and "more forward". If that is the type of sound you prefer, then I would recommend changing your amplifier(s), source components, and cables.

I, and others on the forum, could probably be more helpful if we knew what kind of amplification and source components you are now using and the types of music you listen to. A lot of CD's have the lowest bass frequencies and highest treble frequencies filtered out.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!