I shouldn't have to explain.....

Options
2»

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Jesse has been around long enough and most of us know him well enough that he has earned the right not to have his motives questioned.

If he wants to sell his tuner (A) its nobody's business and (B) even if it was, I figure he's got a good reason.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2006
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    Jesse has been around long enough and most of us know him well enough that he has earned the right not to have his motives questioned.

If he wants to sell his tuner (A) its nobody's business and (B) even if it was, I figure he's got a good reason.

HERE HERE!
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    True, that all said, there is certain 'standard' I expect members (esp hardcore members) to follow.

Freebie from Polk? They wrote down the serial numbers, and the matching person for EACH tuna given away. Am I glad it was offered here? Sure. Was is still bad form? Sure again. Polk even said (Paul DiComo), that if you already had, or didn't want the tuna, SAY SO - and they would GIVE you something else from their catalog, along the same value. They also stressed they shouldn't see one up for sale, given the 'out' Polk offerred for other gear.

Question Jesse? Never. The dude is solid, ROCK solid. I'd trust him with my most precious gear, I'd trust him with my LIFE. That doesn't mean he didn't have an 'oh ****' in my book. Give it away? I did. Sell it? Maybe. I never really had a problem with Chuck's sale - because his price was next to nothing - just enough to keep the bottom feeders at bay, and still hook a Polkhead up.

Could it have been handled better by ALL parties involved? Absolutely. Jesse, myself, and others can all learn from this one. Perhaps it is time to do just that - MOVE ON. You'll hear no more from me on this one, its not THAT big a deal.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Ditto what Janmike said!
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,140
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Roy..

You are dittoing what Janmike said - which is Here Here...

Macleod said the rest.

Im going to ditto what Russ said.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    edited November 2006
    Options
    This is what I get for working all day... I miss everything!

Geez....

Joey
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Zero wrote:
    Can't expect a $#1 up to admit when a #$#@ up was made. In the end, who cares. The worlds still spinning...

Thanks for proving once again how small of a person you really are.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited November 2006
    Options
    You really don't think before posting, do you!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I really dont get the double standard being applied by some. Several of these tuna's have been sold since the Maryland fest without much if any fuss.

Hawking an agenda is just bad form anyplace or anytime.

RT1
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited November 2006
    Options
    ONLY here could something like this be over-analyzed so much. :rolleyes:

(and before anyone says it - yes, I'm now guilty of it too by simply pointing it out).:o :p
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Polk even said (Paul DiComo), that if you already had, or didn't want the tuna, SAY SO - and they would GIVE you something else from their catalog, along the same value. They also stressed they shouldn't see one up for sale, given the 'out' Polk offerred for other gear.
    Cheers,
    Russ

To the group Polk Paul said that arrangements had already been made for some who had purchased polk XM tuners previously so let him know if you had one already.

The stressing part, well, all I can say is I didn't pick up on it. Who knows, I was blindsided by the fact that the whole thing was happening. What a great group of people!

Anyway, unless it is someone who swoops in just to take advantage of generosity they don't really deserve this sort of character or moral analysis.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote:
    How about we focus on more important things....the babe thread.

Get to it guys!

Agreed ! If anything, I think we need to get on Demiurge's case for not posting enough on the Babe thread !!
    Sal Palooza
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited November 2006
    Options
    From an outsider looking in, my thoughts:

If you're cat ain't in the fight... why are you still here?

Let it be already.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    marker wrote:
    ONLY here could something like this be over-analyzed so much. :rolleyes:

(and before anyone says it - yes, I'm now guilty of it too by simply pointing it out).:o :p

Well, it depends on what the definition of "is" is.

....for snappy rejoinders, might I recommend:

"Oh, yeah ! Takes one to know one !"

.....or the always popular:

"Oh, yeah ! Same to you, but more of it !"

What's the purpose of this post ? Uh........."Well, nobody can accuse you of being two-faced because if you were, you wouldn't be wearing that one !".

There.......guess I learned you something there, didn't I ? Yep, learned you something real good !
    Sal Palooza