FS: Polk SDA CRS+

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited November 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've decided to sell my black Polk SDA CRS+ that I bought a few months ago from Hoosier. They sound great, but it's time to try something new. They are in very good condition (8/10) and I installed the updated drivers. Includes original pin/blade cable. Original stands with spikes are also included. Asking $325.

Since I do not have the original boxes and have had bad experiences recently with shipping speakers, LOCAL PICKUP is strongly preferred (metro Atlanta, GA).

PM me if interested. Thanks.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2006
    Options
    If you do not find a local buyer within a reasonable time frame, they are mine. I'll let you decide the time frame.

I want to do a 4.1TL upgrade to them, so be rest assured they are going to a good home.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited November 2006
    Options
    If Antny doesn't take them, I will.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Nice price!
    Carl

• Early B.
    edited November 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    If Antny doesn't take them, I will.

Awaiting a response from Amulford. If he passes, you're next in line.

Thanks.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Hmmm...

If no local buyer....and Amulford passes.......and F1nut also passes..I would be too damn lucky, wouldn't I :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2006
    Options
    You all suck!!!:(:p

4th dibs
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Too funny...I was waiting for you to show up :)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2006
    Options
    wish I had the money would make a sweet pair for use as a center
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Maybe these should go to someone who hasn't owned any form / type of SDA...Like me! ;):D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • amulford
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sorry, folks. I'll be taking them.

PM in your box...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Get 'em primed and ready for Polkfest '07!
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote:

John, is that you?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote:

That's the idea...;)
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited November 2006
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    I want to do a 4.1TL upgrade to them, so be rest assured they are going to a good home.

What exactly is the 4.1 TL upgrade Anthony? :confused:
  • amulford
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Well, Paul Di Como sent down his personal pair to PF '04 in SC. The crossovers were modified with high quality components. We dubbed them the 4.1TL's.

Jesse has done a similar modification to his CRS+'s. He would be in a better position to give you the details.

Jesse???
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited November 2006
    Options
    amulford wrote:

YEAH! That's exactly what I would do with them!!! This is why I'm on the hunt!

Carl
    Carl

• Early B.
    edited November 2006
    Options
    **sold**

• F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Polk had plans to complete the TL versions of SDA's by changing the CRS+ to the SDA SRS 4.1TL. They drew up a schematic, but shut down the SDA line before they went to production.

"Polk" Paul's pair had the SL3000 tweeters installed, but he really wasn't sure if the crossovers had been tweaked too.

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Off topic....but anyone knows where did Polk get the 1.2, 2.3, 3.1 (and this 4.1) names? I've tried to find some logic for them but have not gotten anywhere.

SOPA
  • F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I think it had to do with the amount of smoke inhaled at the time.

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Brad,

Got them today. Two different trucks. Boxes show no outward signs of abuse, but I haven't got to open them up yet.

PMing Shack...

Thank You Sir...

Anthony