Week #8 in the National Football League

2»

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    markmarc wrote:
    JD:
    i was thinking the same thing, except that Indy runs patterns that require both safeties to cover space. Maybe it would have been wiser to run a 4-2-5, with Al Wilson sitting.

I think they should have gone the Patriots route and run a 3-3-5 and sit Lynch in favor of Fergeson and add Foxy as the third CB and hope the LBs can hold down the run. It would have been a look that's not on film and you can do some crazy blitzes from it as well. I mean, if the patriots can do it to them, why can't the Donks....

Demi:

Fair weather fan! Stick with your team man, stick with your team! (even if they do suck) :D
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    What happened to the Broncos defense? The Colts scored on 7 of their last 8 possessions (the only one they didn't score on Manning took a knee at the end of the half). Everybody knows the Colts have no run D but the Broncos had only allowed 44 points in their first 6 games. I figured when they held the Colts to 6 in the first half Denver was a lock cause their run game was on. It was a good game to watch and it was obvious that whoever had the ball last would win.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Here's what happened: Manning and the Colts O-Coordinator are smarter than the Broncos D-Coordinator.

Also, that same D the Broncos ran works against every other team in the league except the Colts. Its a coaching and personell issue with the Colts.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    IT'S ABOUT FALCON TIME!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Chiefs won (yeah!) and Rams lost (boo!) :)

I'm just glad my fantasy team wasn't playing LJ, LT, Reggie Wayne, Vick, Peyton, or the Bears D this week! Some sick performances, and there were several more that blew up (like Sage Rosenfels! haha).
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    ND13 wrote:
    Bledsoe should have been benched 4 games ago. Romo rolled!!

He's a gunslinger, for sure. Looked like a young Farve if you ask me. Of course that doesn't mean he won't get sacked 6 times and throw 4 interceptions next week either - but man, what an exciting game.

Spotted Carolina 14 points REAL quick, and they couldn't do anything else in 3 quarters of play.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited October 2006
    Wild week around the league.

Mr. Nightly- nice game from your Chefs. They controlled the game more than the scoreboard indicated. If the Seahawks can get healthy, they're a good team, but they'll be in a big hole.

Colts / Broncos- glad to see Indy win (Pats can win in Indy, struggle in/vs. Denver). Broncos not a great 11 on defense. Good front 4, great LBs, 2 good DBs (Bailey & Lynch), but clearly a big time #2 WR can exploit D.Williams (Wayne, Housh). Jake had a decent game, but any QB will succeed with M.Bell gaining 6-8 yds per carry.

Jets- robbed of a chance to play OT.

Steelers- done.

Saints / Rams / Panthers / Eagles / Bengals- not that good.

Bears- just may be THAT GOOD. We'll learn a lot when they play the Giants, who may be the 2nd best team in the NFC.

Falcons- if Vick keeps playing like this, who knows...

San Diego- 4th best in AFC, behind Indy, Den, Pats?

Go Pats! Look for 100 yds and 2 TDs out of Maroney in his return to Minnesota.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,197
    edited October 2006
    Cowboys looked great, although they do seem to play well against Carolina in the past, except for that playoff game. Cowboys did two things that corrected our biggest flaw. We finally used shotgun, and got a more mobile QB. Our defense is among the best, we have top receivers, decent rb, now with QB protection seem to be much improved observing from one game. I see cowboys making the playoffs.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• ahorvitz
    edited October 2006
    Forgot about the 'Boys...

They did look good last night. They ran the ball pretty well against a good defense. The protection was fair, plenty for Romo, who can actually make a play with his legs. The defense is not "among the best", but might be enough for what could be a high-powered offense, loaded with top notch skill players.
    Main Rig
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Office

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    The last time you were so sure on your football picks you had to eat some serious crow. ;)

Well, history is here to back me up, that Manning is a choker. And I will eat my crow with the best of them, unlike some around here who disappear when they are wrong.

I have no problem "Manning" up and saying I was wrong.. and suck. Hehehe.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2006
    I-SIG wrote:
    Definitely pleased here. Seems like the defense stepped up and held at the end. from what little analysis I have seen and heard. I, of course, got stuck with the **** Cardinals. I was hoping to have a bandwagon to get on this year with either the Cardinals or UofA football...oh well. :o At least Tech and the Falcons are more than holding their own. :D

Peyton killed me in my fantasy league. :(

Wes

Is everybody calling for Denny Green's head?...

He was actually a good regular season coach when the Vikings had him...playoffs were another story...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,197
    edited October 2006
    Cowboys D 4th in the league overall yards per game.

Cowboys weakness in D is mainly the big plays. They have improved on it though. Hope we don't see another Santana Moss hail mary back-back Td's like last year against the skins.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Where's Demi and the rest of Packer nation?

Beat the Bills next week and you're riding high at 4-4, if I'm not mistaken...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2006
    alright sidney crosby, You are the man now. Lets go Pens!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Demi:

Fair weather fan! Stick with your team man, stick with your team! (even if they do suck) :D

:p

I'm sticking with them, and they're a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I still hate Bears fans because they're mostly insolent little **** (no joke), but they're a good team. :D

Anyhow, the Donks held up well agianst Indy, I'll say that, and looked more impressive than I thought they would.
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006

Demi's shooting guns...;)

If Vick continues his playing style, I don't see how anyone can defend the Falcons. Cincy shut down the run a bit and "forced" Vick to prove his passing skills. Proven.

The Falcons are a team with a three headed monster rushing attack (Dunn, Norwood, Vick) and now have a QB that is showing he can throw a perfect pass most of the time. Two receivers coming into their own and a badass tight end that can catch anything. Not to mention a fullback with great hands.

AND, Vick has the ability to run or pass every time because a DB either has to stay with the receiver or come off his man to keep Vick from having an open lane in the middle of the field or up the side line. Bobman, Vick threw a sweet pass, rolling left, off his back foot, across his body, to the middle of the field. Very few guys can make that throw.

If he continues making good throws and making DB's pay for leaving their man, how do you stop that? The most, patient, in the pocket game I have seen from Vick thus far. Pass defense needs to step up. I-SIG, get to a sports bar and don't miss any more games. This is fun to watch.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006

Oooh, 4-4. I'll get excited about that after the notion of being spoiled by Favre for 15+ years fades. :p
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2006
    Now thats the Ravens we want week in week out!

Offense and Defense....sweet!
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Testify Univera!!!
    Spread the gospel.... it's all coming together now, ain't it?
    "Sweet pass" was a modest statement to say the least. "Superhuman" seems more appropriate.

Let me be the first to say that you were right about Norwood.... utterly explosive. After that 4-yard dump pass from Vick, it looked like Norwood was struck by lightning. God, we've got a quintuple threat -- a five-headed beast. Wes, get thee to a sports bar.... no more missed games. The Arizona Crudinals will continue to stink up the joint whether you're watching them or not.

Griffith, White, and Jenkins --- OH MY!!
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2006
    Okay you two! I'll to one this week. Trust me, even at home, I didn't watch the damn Cardinals! I do think that Norwood could very well be the fastest guy in pads in the NFL.

As for Denny Green (and I'm not paying that close attention, like with the Falcons) I think the grumblings are starting to really begin, however no one seems to be firing up the air raid sirens to get outta town.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    I think Vick needs to sit down and play as himself in some Madden games. He is unstoppable, and he just needs to know how to play himself better.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Well Pats fans... you're pretty quiet after unleashing all hell on the Norsemen.
    Brady was stellar, and no offense to Minnesota, but I thoroughly enjoyed that clinic he put on...

How 'bout Bollinger entering the game to replace Johnson and getting sacked

not one

not two

BUT THREE STRAIGHT TIMES!!!!
  • ahorvitz
    edited October 2006
    Well Pats fans... you're pretty quiet after unleashing all hell on the Norsemen.
    Brady was stellar, and no offense to Minnesota, but I thoroughly enjoyed that clinic he put on...

How 'bout Bollinger entering the game to replace Johnson and getting sacked

not one

not two

BUT THREE STRAIGHT TIMES!!!!

I loved it!

I thought they'd want to prove that they could run on a team that is great at stopping it. I was...ummm...WAY OFF. Brady looked great. The D had Johnson confused and under pressure and had no problem keeping C.Taylor in check. Great game from the Pats. Can't wait for Sunday vs. the Colts!
    Main Rig
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Office

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, that game pretty much spoke for itself. Definitely anxious for the Colts htis weekend. We could potentially bookend our November by unseating the two unbeatens. POTENTIALLY. Colts this weekend, and the Bears at the end of November....
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.