Week #8 in the National Football League

univera
univera Posts: 848
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Falcon mania. Incredible game by Vick. Nearly 300 yards passing, no INT's. Smart game. He is playing like a point guard that decides whether to take the open shot or dish on every play. Great game.

Bobman, hope you got to see this one. No wobblers in sight:D Zombie/I-SIG, hope you enjoyed. One of the best if not the best Falcon's performances I have ever seen with Vick at QB. Two legit teams go down in two weeks.
UNIVERA
Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
AVR: NAD T 773
Rears: Polk LC80i
DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
Subs: Velodyne and M&K
T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Didn't show it in my area, but I saw highlights. I gotta concede, Vick is looking great lately... maybe he's turned the corner, or finally got the team / coaching he needed all these years. Time will tell.

Been dying for this Colts / Broncos game to start... and here it is! Should be a good one.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,197
    edited October 2006
    Cowboys win today they'll get a little more respect, eagles lost. Important game for Dallas with Romo.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Looks like the Denver rope-a-dope theory was valid. Much better playcalling this game. Let's hope it holds for the second half....

Manning still scares the crap out of me...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    Seneca Wallace played about as good as Seattle could have asked for. Too bad the Seachickens defense sucked both the pass over the middle and had no answer for Mr. Johnson.

Oh, and Brees sucked today.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2006
    You diggin melon head Demi?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2006
    Het D. Williams, I think the pass is going to Wayne.... FACK!!

Yup, good game all around...
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2006
    Darrent Williams got beat each time due to the second move by Reggie Wayne. Whether that was a new wrinkle in the pass patterns or not I don't know, Colt's fans will have to answer. If it is a staple, shame on Williams for not studying the film.

The reason why the Colt's won was the lack of an inside pass rush by the Broncos. Of course, the announcers failed to mention that Denvers two insider starting tackles didn't play (Courtney Brown out for season with a knee, and Gerald Warren turf toe). One has to question why the defensive line wasn't running twists.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2006
    Eh, Coyer's also a moron. He needed to adjust and throw fergeson to help him out or to sub foxy in there. It's inexcusable to make ZERO adjustments to a guy killing you all afternoon.
  • markmarc
    edited October 2006
    JD:
    i was thinking the same thing, except that Indy runs patterns that require both safeties to cover space. Maybe it would have been wiser to run a 4-2-5, with Al Wilson sitting.
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2006
    Rothlesberger has a bad day at the office. Steeler fans aren't enjoying this year.

My money is on the Colts to win it all. I think this is the year they will finally get past the Patriots (barely).
    Carl

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2006
    Damnitdamnitdamnit!!:mad:
    Broncos lose..gotta go get some more tissues....sniff
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Rothlesberger has a bad day at the office. Steeler fans aren't enjoying this year.

My money is on the Colts to win it all. I think this is the year they will finally get past the Patriots (barely).

I love the Colts, but they can't stop a damn thing. Everything becomes a shootout. Any team that can figure out their offense will have their number. I'd love to see them play the Bears. Talk about two totally different teams.
  • brijenjas
    brijenjas Posts: 311
    edited October 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    I love the Colts, but they can't stop a damn thing. Everything becomes a shootout. Any team that can figure out their offense will have their number. I'd love to see them play the Bears. Talk about two totally different teams.

These are the two teams (Bears,Colts) I pick to go to Superbowl XLI.

One can hope:D
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    brijenjas wrote:
    These are the two teams (Bears,Colts) I pick to go to Superbowl XLI.

One can hope:D

As a Packer fan first and foremost, I am rooting for the Bears. I know, it's uncanny.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2006
    How about them Chiefs?!?

Playing alright for a back-up QB in there.

Colts will fade in the playoffs as they always do. No SB for them this year. Looks like da Bear's are for real. Impressive first half.

LJ's the man!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• markmarc
    edited October 2006
    Funny thing football, the Colts have the Broncos number, the Broncos have the Patriots, and the Patriots have the Colts. Just proves once again some teams just match up better against some teams than others.

The AFC is just too wide open right now. Colts should be able to hold on to home field, but weirder things have happened.
    2 Ch. System
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    How about them Chiefs?!?

Colts will fade in the playoffs as they always do. No SB for them this year. Looks like da Bear's are for real. Impressive first half.

LJ's the man!

Fade in favor of who, though?
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited October 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    How about them Chiefs?!?

LJ's the man!

GO CHIEFS,they are hard to beat at home for sure...but 28 points scored against them is not good...I think they will end up with a little better than a 500 season...
  • MrNightly
    edited October 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    Fade in favor of who, though?

Heck, they will fade in favor of anybody that makes the playoffs!! It's a little early to say, with the West wide open and all... but I know the Pats could take 'em, and the Chief's/Chargers could... does it really matter though? The Jet's could beat them in the playoffs... Manning just chokes. :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited October 2006
    GO CHIEFS,they are hard to beat at home for sure...but 28 points scored against them is not good...I think they will end up with a little better than a 500 season...

28 points... well when you fumble on the 5 yard line, and have a forward pass called a fumble so the other team can return it 60+ yards for a TD, there are 14 of the points. But regardless, it was a super sloppy game, and they still dominated every single aspect except points. over 41 minutes of TOP?!? And 1 yard shy of 500 on offense? One word...

Domination.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    My Broncos gave it a helluva try, they were in it the whole game. Next time fellas, next time I tells ya!!
  • MrNightly
    edited October 2006
    Frank Z wrote:
    My Broncos gave it a helluva try, they were in it the whole game. Next time fellas, next time I tells ya!!

Nothing personal, but I was pretty darn happy when dem der Donkey's lost :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    edited October 2006
    So lets see here....

The Panthers special teams absolutely..suck

Jake....well - no explanation needed....

The entire team is the worst closing team Ive ever watched, as soon as the second half comes around, we could probally lose a game when we are in control by 50 points - we just 100% fall apart...

Other than that, this Romo kid for Dallas.. looks to be a GREAT QB..
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2006
    univera wrote:
    Falcon mania. Incredible game by Vick. Nearly 300 yards passing, no INT's. Smart game. He is playing like a point guard that decides whether to take the open shot or dish on every play. Great game.

Bobman, hope you got to see this one. No wobblers in sight:D Zombie/I-SIG, hope you enjoyed. One of the best if not the best Falcon's performances I have ever seen with Vick at QB. Two legit teams go down in two weeks.

Definitely pleased here. Seems like the defense stepped up and held at the end. from what little analysis I have seen and heard. I, of course, got stuck with the **** Cardinals. I was hoping to have a bandwagon to get on this year with either the Cardinals or UofA football...oh well. :o At least Tech and the Falcons are more than holding their own. :D

Peyton killed me in my fantasy league. :(

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Heck, they will fade in favor of anybody that makes the playoffs!! It's a little early to say, with the West wide open and all... but I know the Pats could take 'em, and the Chief's/Chargers could... does it really matter though? The Jet's could beat them in the playoffs... Manning just chokes. :D

The last time you were so sure on your football picks you had to eat some serious crow. ;)
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    Yeah! What he said!

And just so we're clear on this. The Broncos are still #1 in their division. WhoopWhoop! NEENERNEENERNEENER!!
    http://www.nfl.com/standings
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
    Well the jets sucked today but that was a bad call on the last play. It should of been a TD and forced it into OT.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Bledsoe should have been benched 4 games ago. Romo rolled!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"