surfntomm Posts: 185
edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Post edited by surfntomm on

Comments

• Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I would hardly call those in great condition like the owner claims. Those speakers must have been through many moves in order to get so beat up.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • surfntomm
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I would hardly call those in great condition like the owner claims.
    Mike

i dunno i mean he does have 100% feedback at almost 800 total so that speaks for something. im guessing it had a couple bad moves or something like that but i would trust his word that the speakers work as they should.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    He's not pricing them like they were in great shape. With the savings, one could have the cabinets refinished and still be ahead.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited October 2006
    Options
    surfntomm wrote:
    i dunno i mean he does have 100% feedback at almost 800 total so that speaks for something. im guessing it had a couple bad moves or something like that but i would trust his word that the speakers work as they should.

As would I. His feedback is awesome! I just don't know how someone could state that they are in great condition is all. I must have a different definition I guess. Great of him to give the little slide show as well.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited October 2006
    Options
    This seller seems to be some type of retail store/pawn shop. He has very likely never seen or heard a new pair of LSi15's to compare these to. "Great condition" in this case probably refers more to cosmetic/functional comparisons to other used speakers he has sold rather than comparison to a new pair of LSi15's.

There could also be something wrong with the sound of the speakers, but it might be something only a knowledgeable LSi user would pick up.

For lots of folks, connecting the speakers to an amp and simply getting reasonably clear sound = "great condition".
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • surfntomm
    edited October 2006
    Options
    im pretty sure the speaker either works or it doesnt unless you hear some horrid sound or unless there is a crack in the cabinet which would be quite noticeable. electronics are usually working or broken not somewhere in between
  • DarqueKnight
    edited October 2006
    Options
    There could be some damage to the voice coils that is only apparent at a specific volume level and/or at specific frequencies.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Options
    with speakers, there is a NUMBER of things that could be jacked up. Throw in the fact that these are powered towers....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • DarqueKnight
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The LSi15's are passive towers. The LSi25's are powered towers.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Options
    my bad, I thought we were talking about 25's.....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    :):) errrrr.............well you are BDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

RT1