Damned Realtors II

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
In the post Damned Realtors I was very angry and whining about how a realtor screwed us.:mad: All you folks who replied, were very supportive and kept telling us that something better was on the horizon.:) Well YOU WERE CORRECT!!!:D :D:D

We have a contract in hand for a 55 year old home that has been completely renovated inside and out.:eek: The only thing in the home that is original is some of the framing. The funny thing is that it is a rancher style home something neither one of us wanted. This one has a really great layout where the master bedroom, family room, and living room are secluded from the other bedrooms in the house as well as from each other. That means that me and my wife can get away from each other when needed, it also means that we don’t have to have the little guy right up our butts all the time and he can’t hear a damned thing at night if you get my drift. Don’t get me wrong I love my wife with all my heart and love her company, but there are certain times of the month when things can get a little tense. I love the little guy with all my heart but he has ADHD and when he is in pin ball mode:eek: :eek: :eek: it is necessary to take a couple of deep breaths to stay calm and patient, a secluded room works wonders in that regard.:)

The kitchen is completely new including all the appliances. See pictures

Anyhow . . ..now for the best part; I have a dedicated 2 channel / video room.:D :D:D It is 20’ x 11.5’. Not as big as I would have liked but big enough. My wife told me that the room is ALL MINE!!!:D :D:D The house has a new 200 amp service with 20 amp lines throughout the room.:cool: Under the berber carpet is a concrete slab. I will probably take out the carpet, put hardwood floors and then an oriental throw rug over it. In the mean time I am waiting for Mye Sound points for the 1.2 TLs See the pictures.

You folks have no idea how much easier it is to breath knowing that we are finally making settlement on our own home (11/20/06) and don’t have to keep these cramped quarters renting from my brother who by the way lives here also. The house we are renting with him in it is only 1000 sq ft so all four of us are up each others butts all the time. . . TAKES A DEEP BREATH OF RELIEF;) . . . .that is all over now.:D

Amazingly the BIG GUY has given us more than we needed and everything we wanted. The first order of business after getting settled and getting my 2 ch rig up and running is to add a master bathroom while that is going on I’m going to get the wheels in motion for a high-end video rig.

Thanks to all you folks for the encouragement and kind words during this very difficult period.

I’m so excited I feel like a little kid in a candy shop.:D :p All this praying & waiting has paid off.;)

I forgot to mention, the home is located in Newark Delaware in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood and a pretty good (not the best) school district. Yearly real estate taxes are $898 a year, no that is not a typo.:D

Thanks,
Joe:) :cool: :)
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2006
    Congrats Joe! I'm doing an end zone dance for 'ya! Where are the pics?
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Here they are, and Thanks!!!!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Sweet deal, congrats!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2006
    AWESOME!!!!!

Congrats; must feel really good...and the house looks great...with a dedicated audio room..what else can you ask for??

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Congrats Joe!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited October 2006
    Congrats Joe! Gonna set up the audio room first? Doesn't a womans chemistry make life exciting? :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Congrats Joe! Gonna set up the audio room first? Doesn't a womans chemistry make life exciting? :D

You said it brother. . . here's how nuts I am, I keep track of the cycle in my monthly calendar schedule so that when the S#!^ is flying I can see if it is real or is it memorex I mean hormones.:eek:

But ya know I gotta love her, the first thing after we walked through the new kitchen into the family room she said and I quote, "well honey here is your room.":cool: Man do I love her hormones and all!!!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Sweet deal, congrats!

Thanks BM!!!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    HTrookie wrote:
    AWESOME!!!!!

Congrats; must feel really good...and the house looks great...with a dedicated audio room..what else can you ask for??

Thanks HTr!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    Congrats Joe!
    Thanks Cathy!!!

PS: Did you see that joke in the joke thread that I directed at you????:eek:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2006
    Very nice indeed! Congratulations to you and your family. I hope that you have many happy years there. It's important that your wife has that great kitchen. Otherwise, you'd be spending your money there first;)

Your listening room looks great!! Is the "red" decor going to stay or go?
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Very nice indeed! Congratulations to you and your family. I hope that you have many happy years there. It's important that your wife has that great kitchen. Otherwise, you'd be spending your money there first;)

Your listening room looks great!! Is the "red" decor going to stay or go?

If red makes the rig sound better, wider sound stage, deeper imaging etc, it stays,:p if not hhmmm. . . maybe I'll leave the d
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
    Congrats man glad to hear everything worked out for the better
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    welcome to the world of Ranch home ownership :D. thats a real nice house in what seems to be a nice sized plot of land for the northeast. 898.00 in taxes?!?!?!? you definitly aint living in NJ :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Congrats man glad to hear everything worked out for the better

Thanks Fireman!
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    welcome to the world of Ranch home ownership :D. thats a real nice house in what seems to be a nice sized plot of land for the northeast. 898.00 in taxes?!?!?!? you definitly aint living in NJ :D

You got that right Pal. I lived in Cherry Hill, NJ from 1/2000 to 3/2002 my initial taxes were $3800 they went up to $4900 and now I understand they are up to over $7300. My brother in-law pay almost 9 grand, that is absolutely outrageous. This is why real estate in Northern & Central Delaware is so hot right now. People from PA, NJ, and NY are flocking there in droves. I can tell you this I've seen real estate taxes as low as $180 per year on some of the properties we have looked at. Actually $898 in towards the high side in Delaware. I think the highest I've seen is $1400 per year. Add to that no sales tax, and low cost of living and a family making $60K per year are living like a family making $150K in Camden County NJ or Chester County PA.

Thanks for your encouraging & kind words,
    Joe
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited October 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    898.00 in taxes?!?!?!? you definitly aint living in NJ :D

You know it. NY either.
    $900 lasts me about two months :(

Congrats, Joe.
    Proof positive of the good things... waiting adage!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Thanks 73 LIE!!!:D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    Awesome! I am excited for you!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Awesome! I am excited for you!
    Thanks so much!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2006
    congratulations,,
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    Congratulations!!! Now roll up them sleeves and get to work....
    As for myself, I'll be wrestling with a drum sander tonight:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Thanks guys!

ZB what are you working on?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Just moved into our first home a month ago... and immediately ripped up all the carpet. Oddly enough, we found hickory underneath... so sanding has been nightmarish by any and all standards. Not nearly as "nightmarish" as coexistence with the aforementioned carpet however.

I actually attacked one room with a handheld beltsander, and when all the dust was swept and/or vacuumed up, I realized I had wasted a day accomplishing nothing. What can I say? I'm new to all of this....

enter the drum sander
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Just moved into our first home a month ago... and immediately ripped up all the carpet. Oddly enough, we found hickory underneath... so sanding has been nightmarish by any and all standards. Not nearly as "nightmarish" as coexistence with the aforementioned carpet however.

I actually attacked one room with a handheld beltsander, and when all the dust was swept and/or vacuumed up, I realized I had wasted a day accomplishing nothing. What can I say? I'm new to all of this....

enter the drum sander
    Hickory is beautiful. When you are done, you are going to love it.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    I'm sure I will... but it's worth mentioning that it's hickory "with character":D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2006
    Joe congrats on your new home.
    Man I wish my taxes were that low.I live in rural Ontario and pay more than twice that yearly.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    I'm sure I will... but it's worth mentioning that it's hickory "with character":D

"With Character" you have no idea how that is going to increase the value of your property. As I said in another thread my wife and I have become addicted to HGTV and the biggest thing going in homes across the USA is the "stressed wood" look and the knotty look.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2006
    Congrats on the new domicile.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006