Week #7 in the NFL....

Options
2»

Comments

• univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I hear you Bob. All I can say is that I have never heard Vick hyping himself. I don't have the exact numbers, but he has a pretty good winning record, but is 12-10, I believe, since signing the big contract. The NFL is/was hyping Vick as their Michael Jordan, and who could blame them? People watch the Falcons just to see him break off a run. I love Schaub. He could start in many places around the league. I said before the season that Vick had one more year to get it done and prove he can be the man. We'll see. I have to say that although I like Schaub, I'd be less likely to spend a Sunday afternoon watching games in a sports bar, even though I did it when they had Chandler.

That is why Vick will not be leaving Atlanta any time soon. He IS the team. Atlanta didn't sell out season tickets because they are a decent team. Atlanta is a very transient sports city, always has been. Many transplants with no connection to the Falcs. Vick sells the tickets, bottom line. He hasn't been consistent, but so far this year, he has been good for the most part. They would have blown out Pitt if the defense could stop a damn pass play. Any pass play...

Keep in mind as well that they say the West Coast offense takes 3-4 years to master. I think this is Mora's third or fourth year. And, Vick isn't exactly your prototypical West Coast, pocket passer, but neither was Steve Young. He ended up being pretty good....
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Definitely a LOL moment as the Tony Romo era got started in Big D. First pass intercepted.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2006
    Options
    fireshoes wrote:
    Definitely a LOL moment as the Tony Romo era got started in Big D. First pass intercepted.

Yeah, I laughed my **** off at that one. I will say that I doubt the pokes would've been as close as they were without Romo.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • I-SIG
    edited October 2006
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Know what, I dont' watch many Falcons games, so I'll reserve judgement. All I know is all I've heard is "vick vick vick" for the past five years, and the record shows the team is just as good IF NOT BETTER with Matt Schaub playing as with Vick. He's been ALL hype and NO production. I've watched him run, and it's an exciting thing. And apparently he can throw, albeit not very CONSISTENTLY from what I've HEARD (not seen). But neither of those means **** if he doesn't WIN; a quarterback has to have both of those skills along witht he leadership to pull a team to wins. And until he does that, he's overrated. And I have a feeling, and I'm really sorry to you Atlanta fans, but I have a feeling he's never going to live up to this inflated "potential" people have been talking about since the turn of the century.

Hope for you guys' sake you prove me wrong :)

Peyton, McNabb, & Marino have won as many Super Bowls as Vick. Let me hear it about them , too, now! :rolleyes:

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • I-SIG
    edited October 2006
    Options
    univera wrote:
    I hear you Bob. All I can say is that I have never heard Vick hyping himself. I don't have the exact numbers, but he has a pretty good winning record, but is 12-10, I believe, since signing the big contract. The NFL is/was hyping Vick as their Michael Jordan, and who could blame them? People watch the Falcons just to see him break off a run. I love Schaub. He could start in many places around the league. I said before the season that Vick had one more year to get it done and prove he can be the man. We'll see. I have to say that although I like Schaub, I'd be less likely to spend a Sunday afternoon watching games in a sports bar, even though I did it when they had Chandler.

That is why Vick will not be leaving Atlanta any time soon. He IS the team. Atlanta didn't sell out season tickets because they are a decent team. Atlanta is a very transient sports city, always has been. Many transplants with no connection to the Falcs. Vick sells the tickets, bottom line. He hasn't been consistent, but so far this year, he has been good for the most part. They would have blown out Pitt if the defense could stop a damn pass play. Any pass play...

Keep in mind as well that they say the West Coast offense takes 3-4 years to master. I think this is Mora's third or fourth year. And, Vick isn't exactly your prototypical West Coast, pocket passer, but neither was Steve Young. He ended up being pretty good....

Vick is the man unless he gets hurt too badly to keep playing, a la Theisman, the team truly does nose dive as bobman keeps predicting (but hasn't happened despite 5 years in the league), or Arthur Blank sells the team.

Wes

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well, well, well...........

Looks like Vick has been daydreaming of late in regard to partnering up with a top-notch receiver ala Marvin Harrison.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/10/22/banks.snaps/index.html

Can ya blame him?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Those comments were bandied about on ESPN radio last week. Comments taken out of context of the whole story. Vick is probably making a bit of an excuse for himself by thinking out loud about better receivers, but I am sure he wonders if it is him or the guys around him. Won't win him any friends in the locker room. What QB wouldn't think about having a Hall of Fame receiver to throw to? If his receivers are worth their salt, the comments would only serve to motivate them to prove their worth. Seemed to work a bit.

Talk of Blank considering firing Mora is absurd. I'm sure he has high standards, but Mora is a good coach. Just having to figure out how to best use Vick would be a challenge for anyone.

And, as I mentioned, West Coast offense they say takes 3 years to master. This is Mora's and Vick's 3rd year in the system together. Falcons are running VT and Texas plays that are known to work for Vick and Vince Young. Seems to be working as well.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yeah... I knew the comments were made before the Steeler game, I just thought it might stir the pot a bit more.

Was it me or did Mora seem especially stoic on the sideline this week? Don't know what that means, but I hope all is well with him and Blank... I've really yet to waver in my support of Mora, though I know more than a few have
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I would love to see what Vick could do with Alexander as his running back, and Branch, Burleson, DJack, and Engram as his receivers. It would be nuts.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I would be nuts and about $10MM over tha cap unfortunately.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hey, in my dreams there is no cap. Dont F with my fantasy.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    :(:(

John Abraham out 3 to 4 games with a lower abdominal tear... I'm wondering if we're ever going to get to consistently enjoy this guy...

He's jinxed
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2006
    Options
    At least he'll be back. Broncos lost a premier lineman for the whole year, Matt Lepsis.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    You're right... but it seems that as soon as he's back, that lingering groin injury will be back again.

Sorry about Lepsis... I hate injuries for anyone.
  • I-SIG
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That sucks. Despite the concussed Big Ben (that is still ringing) the Falcons haven't exactly been pressuring the ball the way they were in the first few games with a healthy Coleman and Abraham. :(

Wes

• zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well... in a exquisitely "who dey?" moment of zen, Chad Johnson decided to start flapping his gums toward D'Angelo Hall yesterday... telling reporters that once he's done with him on Sunday, Hall we'll have to quit pro football and start working at Fatburger in Atlanta.

He also is dropping his name in favor of Ocho Cinco....

Bring on the Bungles
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yay Cincinattica!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I cannot wait to see Crumpler do the Icky Shuffle for the fine riverfolk of Cincy...
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I don't think Hines Ward will be doing the Dirty Bird again in Atlanta....Falcon Flap, baby...
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup: