Week #7 in the NFL....

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
And the Broncos Win!! WOOT!! I'm still very concerned about Mr. Plumber though. The offense scored a season high 2 TD's!! Golly.:rolleyes:
Defense looks good though.

What the hell is going on in Pittsburgh?

San Diego vs. K.C.....Glad KC won, but WTF MARTY?

Tell me your weekly tale of sorrow.
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• GaryZ06
    GaryZ06 Posts: 317
    edited October 2006
    Frank Z wrote:
    Tell me your weekly tale of sorrow.
    Not weekly but the season....Dolphins
    Panasonic 50" Plasma + Pioneer 6010
    Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD
    Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray
    Pioneer 1014
    Polk RTi12 (front)...Polk CSi5 (center)
    Polk RTi4 (rear)...Velodyne DLS 5000-R Sub
    3 Outlaw M-200 Amps
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2006
    Marty always starts out strong, and ends up sputtering out. Has his whole career. We almost blew a huge lead. Just goes to show we still have room to improve, but helluva game with us being underdogs and all. Everyone expected us to get blown out. Glad we made it a great game.

Didn't get to see the Faiders, but sucks they actually won one :D Brown's hanging with the Donkeys? Not cool.. haha
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited October 2006
    My problem is no Bears this week. Can't wait to see what Bears team shows up next week. What a great football weekend though. Lots of big kicks
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    edited October 2006
    Jake chokes...AGAIN
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    I had Jacksonville in my office elimination pool... Booooo :-(

Glad ot see the Pats stomp all over the Bills, as they should have. Two weeks until Indy!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Brown's hanging with the Donkeys?
    How do ya figure that?
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Falcons K.O.'d Big Ben...Crazy game....Vick was a complete quarterback for once.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • MrNightly
    edited October 2006
    Frank Z wrote:
    How do ya figure that?

From the stats, it seemed like a closer game. Had to work, so I didn't see the game. I just expected the Donkey's to blow the Browns outta the water. But a win is a win, and Denver sits atop the West with a one game lead. Let's see how the season unfolds.

Cheers!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    I was very surprised to see the Chefs take down San Diego like that today. And it looks like there will be more losses in the Chargers' near future, since the news broke that Merriman is being suspended 4 games for steroids. Bad for him...good for Chefs!
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    Bronco's Stats are in blue...

1st Downs 22 10
    Rushing 7 1
    Passing 15 9
    Penalty 0 0
    3rd-Down Conversions 9-20 1-11
    4th-Down Conversions 1-1 0-3
    Punts-Average 6-35.0 6-40.5
    Return Yards 52 125
    Punts-Returns 3-10 2-2
    Kickoffs-Returns 1-12 3-94
    Int.-Returns 1-30 2-29
    Penalties-Yards 3-30 2-10
    Fumbles-Lost 0-0 3-2
    Time Of Pos. 37:15 22:45
    Total Net Yards 347 165
    Total Plays 80 51
    Average Gain 4.3 3.2
    Net Yards Rushing 150 34
    Rushes 37 13
    Avg. Per Rush 4.1 2.6
    Net Yards Passing 197 131
    Comp.-Att. 2 0-41 19-33
    Yards Per Pass 4.6 3.4
    Sacked-Yards Lost 2-12 5-18
    Had Intercepted 2 1
    Touchdowns 2 1
    Rushing 1 0
    Passing 1 1
    Other 0 0
    Extra Points 2-2 1-1
    Field Goals 1-2 0-0
    Red Zone Efficiency 2-3-66% 1-1-100%
    Goal To Go Efficiency 2-2-100% 1-1-100%
    Safeties 0 0
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Den special teams suck ;)
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2006
    I sure hope Vick's performance today opens a few eyes on the coaching staff.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
    Jets pull off another win. The defense sucked but a win is a win.
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    I-SIG wrote:

Wes

Me, too. Sorry your Jackets didn't show up. No one would have liked to seen Clemson get pounded more than me...They are fast as crap.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    I-SIG wrote:

I think the coaching staff has been MORE than patient with a sub-par quarterback for what, 4 years now? He should be a running back who runs a lot of options. He had a great game this week, but he's been holding them back for YEARS now. Even the mainstream sports media, who's been slurping him since he came into the league, is finally admitting that he's just not that good. Great athlete, can run like the dickens, and is pretty much a tossup when it comes to the passing game.

One great passing game does NOT a great quarterback make.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Geez Frank, can't you tell those stats are exactly the same, what's wrong with you? :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

That game wasn't even that close...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited October 2006
    Wow, I really suck at picking games. I didn't do any better in another pool, picking without spreads.

Pats played a good game, took care of business. Brady seems to be getting more comfortable with, and on the same page as, his receivers. The upcoming games against Indy and Chicago should be fun.

Mr Nightly- Good to see you back here, following a nice win by the Chefs. Where were you last week?
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • MrNightly
    edited October 2006
    ahorvitz wrote:
    Mr Nightly- Good to see you back here, following a nice win by the Chefs. Where were you last week?

Uh, where were you?
    MrNightly wrote:
    Alright. I'm here. I'll eat my crow with the best of them..

Doesn't taste good right now at all. The Chefs showed up. Actually, the Chefs didn't even show up. Some scrubs from KU showed up I think. Wow.

The only good thing about that game, was we helped Pitt get their groove on! Golden Boy Ben will get some limelight again, thanks to us

Playoff team? Sure didn't feel like it yesterday. Don't count anybody out yet, but my hopes were quickly dashed with the severe trashing we received.

Here's to a quick rebound.

Regarding Denver, I don't know about them guys. They played a sloppy game against the worst team in football. I was expecting a blow out, and only got 13 points. But hey, 4-1 is 4-1 right?

Apparently you didn't follow the thread. So whatever.

I follow my team win, lose or draw. Always have, always will. Go Chiefettes!! :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    I-SIG wrote:

Wes

I'm lighting a candle here as well....

If our defense gets back in line and we start to head in this new direction with our offense, things are looking pretty good for the Dirty Birds.

Looks like Vick and Crumpler are back in the saddle...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited October 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Uh, where were you?

Apparently you didn't follow the thread. So whatever.

I follow my team win, lose or draw. Always have, always will. Go Chiefettes!! :D

My fault. I apologize for the oversight.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I think the coaching staff has been MORE than patient with a sub-par quarterback for what, 4 years now? He should be a running back who runs a lot of options. He had a great game this week, but he's been holding them back for YEARS now. Even the mainstream sports media, who's been slurping him since he came into the league, is finally admitting that he's just not that good. Great athlete, can run like the dickens, and is pretty much a tossup when it comes to the passing game.

One great passing game does NOT a great quarterback make.

Bobman, for once, I disagree with you, but only slightly. I agree one game doesn't make him a star. I am the first to be critical of his wild throws and throwing it too hard. Let's remember, however, that the guy left one if not two years early from college. Plus, the Falcons haven't always used him the way he does best. When Vick rolls out of the pocket, he is at his best. Throwing on the go. Plus, his receivers have let him down many times. Vick has possibly the strongest arm to ever come to the NFL. I am sure it is hard to harness that ability. He can thread a ball in spaces most can't because he throws so fast. Sometimes that results in overthrows and sometimes, like yesterday, touchdowns. Instead of trying to define him, the Falcons need to just let him be what he is: a total freak with ability never seen before at the pro level.

Critics can say what they want and I agree many times, but I have watched most of the games over the past few years.

Zombie, help me out here....

Peerless Price sucked, and he has two developing guys now. Roddy White is very fresh and makes mistakes, including drops. I am a Roddy fan since he is from Charleston, but he still is learning. NOT trying to make Vick a pocket passer is the best thing. And, he is much more patient and makes good decisions this year as oppossed to past years. The first 3 games were good games for Vick. The last couple had sucked. So he hasn't been crappy all year.

And, he would never last as a running back. He has a good body, but its not built for taking those kind of hits. I don't even think he could take all the shots receivers take. Too long of a body. We will see as the season goes on.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    No way in hell Vick survives a single season as a rusher..... can you imagine him even attempting to push it up the gut in a goal line situation? Far too fragile...

That being said.... Vick needs receivers -- plain and simple. Crumpler as a go-to guy is not a recipe for a success, but this has been his only option the last couple of years. White has potential. I'm actually a little fond of Jenkins as a big-play man... but there is definitely room for improvement.

Vick is a deep threat and should have receivers to accomodate this... dump passes to Algae does not play to his strengths, though the mere fact that he drops so few of Vick's lasers, has made him somewhat dependant on him.

Price was a bust, but we still need someone who can flat out leg it. Did you see that 70 yard pass Vick threw off his backfoot with barely a flinch that seemed to go just as high as it did far?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    zombie, what possibly evidence do you have for Vick being a deep threat? Half of his passes look just plain AWFUL. He CAN throw the deep ball, but he doesn't do so consistently enough to be considered a deep THREAT. You could send TO out there and he's not going to catch half of the wobbly passes Vick throws on an "off" day.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    I've seen enough tossed in the basket only to be dropped like a hot potato. Numerous times at that...
    Like I said, Crumpler has been the only receiver with anything close to "sure hands". I have to agree with you on some points.... Schaub is always knocking on my door, and I wouldn't lose nearly as much sleep if Vick went down as I did a couple of years ago. However, I still stand behind my belief that Vick possesses both a strong and accurate arm. I've watched to many games to think otherwise... and this includes dropped passes and botched routes.
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    zombie, what possibly evidence do you have for Vick being a deep threat? Half of his passes look just plain AWFUL. He CAN throw the deep ball, but he doesn't do so consistently enough to be considered a deep THREAT. You could send TO out there and he's not going to catch half of the wobbly passes Vick throws on an "off" day.

Bobman, with all due respect, you are wrong on this one. And I usually commend your comments.....

The pass Zombie is referring to was unreal. I looked at my dad after the play and commented that he winged that thing while running left, off his back foot, with a flick of the wrist. Dead on. We calculated that pass was about 70 yards. Effortless. Like it was nothing. No wobble. Receiver just dropped it. He threw an incredible fade to the corner of the endzone for a Jenkins TD. He can make the throws, he just needs to be consistent. If he ever becomes consistent like this past game, he is unstoppable.

His guys many times just can't burn down fast enough or drop them off their fingertips. Can't tell you how many times they nearly make a huge bomb only to be a yard or so beyond the receiver or have them lay out and drop it.

Vick can out bomb anyone with ease. The Falcons just need a burner who can outrun anyone. Wobly? No way. Vick has the hardest time with wide open, over the middle passes which he tends to throw so hard they sail on him. He has also had trouble with short passes at times going in the dirt. As Zombie mentioned, sometimes his guys just can't handle his throws. He admittedly throws lasers from 10 feet away sometimes that are just too hard. His last interception was a perfect example.

If you really think about it, how can you fault a guy that delivers a ball to a receiver that most others could never thread in there only to have it dropped because it was thrown like a bullet. If he throws it softer, the ball never even gets to his guy in the first place. The Falcons can win plenty of games with Vick going 17/35 for 200 yards. Yesterday, the rushing attack wasn't as potent as the past, yet Dunn/Vick/Norwood combined for 175 yards. When Norwood becomes the number one guy, I guarantee he will have 1,000 yard seasons.

With all due respect, unless you have watched them consistently, it's hard to appreciate Vick's potential. Zombie and I both were falling off the Vick wagon before the season, so we aren't Vick apologists. He is just a different QB this year, especially when he keeps his head in the game.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    Univera --

remember in Vick's coming out season (2002), when for the first 8 games he may have thrown one pick? Then there were complaints that his receiver's couldn't handle the velocity of his tosses (which they couldn't), so he actually took some mustard off his throws. Then the INT's starting rolling in....

I said it once and I'll say it again.... give this FREAK a receiver with the hands of Crumpler coupled with a player who has the legs to go deep QUICK and then everyone's singing a different tune. You know how T.O always says "just give me the ball".

Just give Vick a receiver.... he outclasses his receiving core plain and simple.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:

He said, "Wobbly." hehe

Someone is showing they don't watch a lot of Falcons games. You can criticize Vick's recivers, Vick's short passing, and even his itchy feet, but throwing "wobbly" balls is just something that Vick rarely does.

Short of Elway, most QB's would probably be pleased with one of Vick's "wobbly" passes.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    I-SIG wrote:
    He said, "Wobbly." hehe

Someone is showing they don't watch a lot of Falcons games. You can criticize Vick's recivers, Vick's short passing, and even his itchy feet, but throwing "wobbly" balls is just something that Vick rarely does.

Short of Elway, most QB's would probably be pleased with one of Vick's "wobbly" passes. And, his feet aren't as jumpy as past years. He is not thinking run first anymore. His jumpy feet save many a sack as well.

Wes

WORD! I believe in one game this year, one of Vick's short, low passes put a divet in the Dome's turf:D Agreed on the jumpy feet. He is thinking pass first most of the time and he can jump out of the pocket like no one other than perhaps Randall Cunningham.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2006
    &%&^ THE STEELERS!! Why don't you fumble the ball a few more times to make sure you'll lose the game next time!

still one of the best games I've seen in a while though
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    Know what, I dont' watch many Falcons games, so I'll reserve judgement. All I know is all I've heard is "vick vick vick" for the past five years, and the record shows the team is just as good IF NOT BETTER with Matt Schaub playing as with Vick. He's been ALL hype and NO production. I've watched him run, and it's an exciting thing. And apparently he can throw, albeit not very CONSISTENTLY from what I've HEARD (not seen). But neither of those means **** if he doesn't WIN; a quarterback has to have both of those skills along witht he leadership to pull a team to wins. And until he does that, he's overrated. And I have a feeling, and I'm really sorry to you Atlanta fans, but I have a feeling he's never going to live up to this inflated "potential" people have been talking about since the turn of the century.

Hope for you guys' sake you prove me wrong :)