Hello everbody

Options

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I wonder if he has a mahogany pipe , port wine and some moldy cheese???:p :eek:

Welcome to CP!!! Sounds like you have the right 'tude(meaning you have thick skin and can take a joke) to last a while.:)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Welcome Fred :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Welcome to the fourm Fred.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Well......ummmm......cool I quess. Have we met before?

Uncle Jesse
    Ahhh so you are THE Uncle Jesse that Russman loves and adores.

.....cool I guess.... what kind of half hearted response is that:rolleyes:

and know we have not met before.

Willow,I am near Peterborough.

cfrizz,hi Cathy great to know there are some ladies into this hobby as well.You have some nice HT gear.

SComp that PRI sounds like it would be fun.

Russman I was told to pass along this message.

EFF YOU:D

Everyone else thanks for making me feel welcome.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    Options
    You have the right attitude Fred. Are you a lacrosse fan and if so I guess the celebrations this year were huge.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    janmike wrote:
    Are you a lacrosse fan and if so I guess the celebrations this year were huge.
    Not a big lacrosse fan but it was nice both teams won.The JR's were a big surprise as they were heavy underdogs to Six Nations.Peterborough is still a hot bed for the game.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Congrats on 25!!!
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Welcome Fred.:)
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Congrats on 25!!!
    thanks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    Options
    GV#27 wrote:
    Not a big lacrosse fan but it was nice both teams won.The JR's were a big surprise as they were heavy underdogs to Six Nations.Peterborough is still a hot bed for the game.

Sure is. I grew up in Brampton and always enjoy the Brampton/Brooklin/Peterborough games.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Brooklin was a powerhouse for many years and I think Brampton has a good SR team.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited October 2006
    Options
    GV#27 wrote:
    Ahhh so you are THE Uncle Jesse that Russman loves and adores.

.....cool I guess.... what kind of half hearted response is that:rolleyes:

and know we have not met before.

The one and the same. I even give him a reach around. :D

You did say you liked F1, so naturally I thought you were referring to me, which led to the meeting question. Clear now?

Oh yeah, welcome to the fray.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:

You did say you liked F1, so naturally I thought you were referring to me, which led to the meeting question. Clear now?

Oh yeah, welcome to the fray.
    yep all clear :)

and thanks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hi I am RT1 my camel and sheep are fighting so I have to go know, really I have to go.

RT1
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,365
    edited October 2006
    Options
    GV#27 wrote:
    I build speakers and electronics projects as a hobby.Im also a bit of a sports nut.I like F1 and NASCAR ,as well as Hockey, Baseball and Golf.

Damn.... What kind of speakers and electronic projects? We love pics here. We have an excellent critique department.:D

You play golf, spectate or both? I'm a dud now. Don't do nuthin. Last time I swung a golf club was around 15 years ago. I think there are still some that haven't been wrapped around trees.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hi I am RT1 my camel and sheep are fighting so I have to go know, really I have to go.

RT1
    Gee, reel sorry to hear about your troubles hope everyone is OK.:D

SComp ,when I' m having a good game I call it playing Golf ,on bad days it more resembles Hockey.

I build mostly audio related electronics like active crossovers,preamps,DAC's etc.
    The speakers are my main left and rights wich are a 4way active design and a 3 way centre channel and three subs.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Cool! We like DIY projects, especially when they have pictures describing your work.

In some threads we just like the pictures:D
    Carl

• Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I will try to get some pics today and upload them.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    OK here is a pic of one of my main speakers.It uses a SEAS metal dome tweeter A Vifa 6.5"midrange and SEAS 8" woofer.Their is a separate enclosure that contains a pair of 10" woofers making it a 4 way system.

sorry for the poor quality of the pic.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nice DIY. I think I might start doing some more DIY speakers when my kids get a little older and I have more time.

I am also looking to be a Ferrari Fan after tomorrow. Go Kimi.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Here is pic of the equipment rack and speakers.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nice DIY. I think I might start doing some more DIY speakers when my kids get a little older and I have more time.

I am also looking to be a Ferrari Fan after tomorrow. Go Kimi.

Thanks,yes DIY is fun but kids are far more important.

I haven't been a Ferrari fan since Mansell left (1990?)so I am happy to say bye bye to Mikey and take your 90+ wins and other rcords and move on and let the Kimi era begin.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have never been A M$ fan and I am glad to see him go. I agree let the Kimi era begin.

I have two DVR's recording Quali but I am going to wait till after the kids go to bed to watch it.

Tommorrow we are hosting a "Booo Fest" for all the neighborhood kids at our house at the same time as the race so I will have to watch the race after the kids go to bed again tomorrow night.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Wow very nice setup GV!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote:
    Damn.... What kind of speakers and electronic projects? We love pics here. We have an excellent critique department.:D

You play golf, spectate or both? I'm a dud now. Don't do nuthin. Last time I swung a golf club was around 15 years ago. I think there are still some that haven't been wrapped around trees.

15 years ago, I was maintaining an 81 to an 83 consistantly. Five years ago I went out and hit a 142. . . the bag of clubs are somewhere in the bottom of the Delaware River along with all the golf gear I had accumulated because of course I had become as obsessed with golfing as I am audio.
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    Wow very nice setup GV!!
    Thanks cfrizz,as you can see I still have to figure out how to focus my new camera:D

Hearingimpaired, no offense but if you used to shoot in the 80's and then shoot a 142 then the best place for those clubs is in the river.:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    GV#27 wrote:
    Thanks cfrizz,as you can see I still have to figure out how to focus my new camera:D

Hearingimpaired, no offense but if you used to shoot in the 80's and then shoot a 142 then the best place for those clubs is in the river.:)

Yeah when the arthritis and big belly kick in, you could be the Golden Bear and if you don't practice twice a day a 142 is what happens. :mad:
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    It can be a very CRUEL game.Just when you think you have it a bit figured out the next round played can make you want to scream and throw clubs.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,888
    edited October 2006
    Options
    GV, nice system. But tell me please what is that tall thing in the far corner, is that a sub ?
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Willow wrote:
    GV, nice system. But tell me please what is that tall thing in the far corner, is that a sub ?
    Yes it is a sub and there is another one in the opposite corner.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing