Hello everbody

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Hi All
Not sure if this is the proper place to do this but thought I would introduce myself seeing that I already have 16 posts.
I am from Ontario ,Canada and I have the Audio/HT bug pretty bad and it appears their are atleast a couple of others with the same disease around here also.:D
This looks like a great community with people who are knowledgeable and have good senses of humor and it appears everyone is respectful of others.That can't be said about a couple of other forums I visit.

Fred
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,479
    edited October 2006
    Fred, run away now, while you still can.....

Hi Fred. Welcome to Club Polk.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited October 2006
    Welcome...all national lines are crossed here.Unfortunately,so are the moral ones.Stay tuned pal,your goin' for a ride!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2006
    Welcome Fred - nice to have ya aboard!!!!!!!!
    Scott
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Thanks SCompRacer,
    hummm,might you be a racer of cars?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2006
    Welcome to the forum!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    GV#27 wrote:
    Thanks SCompRacer,
    hummm,might you be a racer of cars?

I used to be Fred, but not anymore. My last street car was sold in '96. I sold my Super Comp Altered in ’97 and crew chiefed for Arnie The Farmer Beswick two years and quit. How bout you? Any hobbies outside home theatre?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2006
    First of all, Fred, you may as well buy a better amp and an SVS, that should cover you for a while. . . then, get some cable risers, or make fun of people that have cable risers. If you have Polk Monitors, get RTis, if you have RTis, get LSIs, if you have LSIs, get something really cool/expensive or some thing really old or tubes. When in doubt, make a comment about Bose/Monster cables value or ask if better cables are worth the extra money.

There I think that covers what I learned in my first year here : )

Just kidding. Ask questions, have fun, help noobs, and enjoy!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2006
    Welcome to the Club Polk Forums Fred! We're always happy when we get new members.
    Carl

• Systems
    edited October 2006
    Thanks all for the warm welcome:)
    ScompRacer I build speakers and electronics projects as a hobby.Im also a bit of a sports nut.I like F1 and NASCAR ,as well as Hockey, Baseball and Golf.

btw. Andygwis and just what may I ask is wrong with Monster and BOSE .:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    Welcome Fred. Another person from Canada and my birth province ONT. Pretty strong Polk crowd here with a lot of great knowledge and friendship. Hope you hang around a enjoy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2006
    Welcome to the forum Fred,

I'm an F1 fan too, Go Kimi!

You'll find a lot of knowledgable people here that have their sarcasm firmly planted in every post, enjoy and keep that home theater dream alive!
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Thanks Guys sure seems like a fun forum.
    Yellowknife eh!Closest I have been to there is Chetwynd BC many years ago.

Yeh petrym,I can finally become a Ferrari fan again next year when hopefully Kimi leads the prancing horse to a championship.
    My handle GV#27 has something to do with F1 history care to guess?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Great, another 'F1Nut'.

Fred, go F yourself.

Seriously, welcome to our humble abode, stick around, and enjoy the brotherhood. Whatcha' running in your audio and/or video rig(s)?

Cheers,
    Russ

Early 90's Italian Job?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Welcome the club Fred and hold on to your hat you are in for the ride of your life. If you have a weak bladder :eek: :eek: you may want to sit on the potty ;) while perusing this site.:p :D:D:D

Joe

PS: And learn how to spell, you loose points for typos and speellliing errors like "everbody".
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2006
    Welcome aboard.

You will find that your level of fun and your cash flow (outward unfortunately) will have an direct relationship the longer you spend on the forum. You will end up with a killer system, some great memories, no cash whatsoever, and will always be one upgrade away from nirvana.

Glad to have ya join us.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    GV 27 = The legendary Gilles Villeneuve.
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    hmmm!guess the Russman has some deep seeded issues with F1:p

Well currently my HT consists of mostly DIY speakers(2 subs,left and right fronts and centre channel).I use Bryston amps ,a Pioneer DV563 DVD player and only have a 27"Panasonic CRT monitor.I hope to soon replace it with a 37"LCD.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    Bingo! we have a winner. ScompRacer were do I send the cheque.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, I have no issues with the sport, just with Uncle Jesse. ;)

Pics and details of the rig, when you have time would be stellar. I now know you aren't ALL that bad, with Bryston in the mix - even though you like cars that can turn left AND right.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Yeah, I have no issues with the sport, just with Uncle Jesse. ;)

Pics and details of the rig, when you have time would be stellar. I now know you aren't ALL that bad, with Bryston in the mix - even though you like cars that can turn left AND right.

Cheers,
    Russ
    with all do respect please don't share any of your stories about good(bad) old Uncle Jesse.There are some things we just really don't need to know about.

I will try to put some pics up in the next few days.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    GV#27 wrote:
    Bingo! we have a winner. ScompRacer were do I send the cheque.

LOL Thanks, but hang onto it. Buy the significant other something nice. ;)

If you ever get the chance to attend a PRI (Performance Race Industry) Trade Show, do so. You need to be sponsored in through a business, like a parts store or machine shop. IIRC it is in Orlando, Florida this year. All forms of racing are represented. Rub elbows with all kinds of famous folk and see the latest and greatest in gear and machinery. I attended yearly until I quit the sport.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    Whaddya think about ...... cats ?
    Sal Palooza
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2006
    Whaddya think about ...... cats ?

WAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2006
    welcome aboard.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited October 2006
    GV#27 wrote:
    I like F1

Well......ummmm......cool I quess. Have we met before?

Uncle Jesse

BTW, feel free to tell Russman to eff himself. I do all the time. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited October 2006
    Funny as hell Andrew....you're right pretty much sums it up.....I think you left out the part of Sid's designs....that's about it !

Anyway, Fred welcome. Where in Ontario are you ?

AndyGwis wrote:
    First of all, Fred, you may as well buy a better amp and an SVS, that should cover you for a while. . . then, get some cable risers, or make fun of people that have cable risers. If you have Polk Monitors, get RTis, if you have RTis, get LSIs, if you have LSIs, get something really cool/expensive or some thing really old or tubes. When in doubt, make a comment about Bose/Monster cables value or ask if better cables are worth the extra money.

There I think that covers what I learned in my first year here : )

Just kidding. Ask questions, have fun, help noobs, and enjoy!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Welcome GV!

Sounds like you will fit in just fine! BTW, What Russ forgot to mention is that there are a couple of Sista's on here as well. I'm one of them!

Have fun, I know I do!!!

Cathy
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited October 2006
    Hey Fred

Welcome to the club - sounds like you are going to fit in just fine.

AG - you have this place pegged! :D

Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Welcome to Club Polk Fred.. glad you are here. we love noobies. all that is required here is a sense of humor. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    Welcome and don't take any of this seriously:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.