edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2006
    12.34 at 114mph. Damn....
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited October 2006
    shweeeeet
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Was that you PT? NICE launch, really nice!!! Drag radials?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2006
    Kick **** man!! Looks like you beat him by more then just a few inches.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2006
    Well that sure looked like fun .You killed that Chevy.Did you get his pink slip?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited October 2006
    cool vid PT! I've killed a few C5's and a C6, but haven't gotten a Z06 yet. Time for me to get some DR's too :)
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    Looked like that was fun! I think the driver of the Z06 must've been asleep. ;):p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Was that you PT?

No, it was his Mom.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Smoked 'EM!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,182
    edited October 2006
    Nice Run but 12's don't get it done vs the Buicks Bro. LOL

I'm really liking the new Mustangs, They look very sweet. How do they handle compared to the older Mustangs?? I have not been Impressed with a Mustang in many years. Give me the story behind the car, unmodified version.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    mantis wrote:
    Dan

Yeah but he doesn't have it tweaked so much he can't use it as his daily driver(which it is), either. He could get that car into the 10's and still drive it to work if he wanted to.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    mantis wrote:

I'm really liking the new Mustangs, They look very sweet. How do they handle compared to the older Mustangs?? I have not been Impressed with a Mustang in many years. Give me the story behind the car, unmodified version.

Dan

Difference is, I can drive my car right off the end of the 1320 and onto the roadcourse. :D The S197 handling is a lot better than years past, however, that didn't stop me from yanking it all out.

Here's the story, lol: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34582
  • PolkThug
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Was that you PT? NICE launch, really nice!!! Drag radials?

Thanks, Mickey Thompson makes a nice drag radial. :)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2006
    12.34? That's it? Dude, you got more in that! Especially if you are in the 110-120 MPH range. You should be at least 3 tenths faster if not running in the 11.8 range. My 83 was hitting 11.60's at 111 MPH. It wasn't that much lighter. It had a full interior. Probably around 2800-3000 pounds. At about 3500 pounds for the new one, I would think it would be closer to 12.0 with drag radials on.

That 'Vette was sleepin' at the line too. Wasn't the best driver in the world. He should have been neck and neck with you if all you ran was a 12.34 on that run. All the work you have in it, it'll do better.

Have you had it tuned yet? Like on a dyno and such? I know the new 'stangs are pretty porky so that might be where your disadvantage is. If you go to the track again soon, take the spare and jack out and see if you can't do some simple stuff like pull the extra seats...all you really need is the driver's seat! If you can drop 300 pounds, you'd hit 11's in your current state.

Anyhow, it certainly ain't no slouch at all and the Buicks aren't that potent. Most of the GN's and T-Types are in the mid 12's to high 11's. The rare ones are in the 10's and 9's and even then they are unstreetable and ticking time bombs. That is if you can even find any that are still running or not wrecked anymore. They are scarce anymore and those that do have them in good condition don't trot them out for much anymore. They've gotten too valuable. Used car market vales them at about 2500-3000 but the collectors are starting to pay near-new prices and then some for them.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MattN03
    edited October 2006
    ND13 wrote:
    Yeah but he doesn't have it tweaked so much he can't use it as his daily drive(which it is)r, either. He could get that car into the 10's and still drive it to work if he wanted to.

Yeah, we have a 9 second twin turbo 03 Cobra in our Mustang club. All he did was bolt on the turbos (stock long block-the valve covers have never been off the car!) and tuned it. He has two computer tunes for the car. One is a race tune of course which netted him 9.65 or so @ 143. He had the stock 6 speed tranny and swapped in a solid axle. He can d/l the street tune and drive it anywhere he wants. These new cars are pretty cool :D

Here are a couple vids of his car.

Track

Street driving (right click & save as)
  • PolkThug
    edited October 2006
    Jstas wrote:
    12.34? That's it? Dude, you got more in that! Especially if you are in the 110-120 MPH range. You should be at least 3 tenths faster if not running in the 11.8 range. My 83 was hitting 11.60's at 111 MPH. It wasn't that much lighter. It had a full interior. Probably around 2800-3000 pounds. At about 3500 pounds for the new one, I would think it would be closer to 12.0 with drag radials on.

My car is 3650lbs BEFORE I get in. Make sense now? ;)
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2006
    Nice run, PT. Great looking ride, too.

Matt, that cobra went off like a bottle-rocket. I don't know much about drag racing, but that certainly was impressive.

I keep expecting to see Paul Walker, Tyrese, and Vin Diesel in these vids. . .
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • MattN03
    edited October 2006
    AndyGwis wrote:
    I keep expecting to see Paul Walker, Tyrese, and Vin Diesel in these vids. . .

LOL, those guys drive rice. We're talking about good old American muscle!! :D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    My car is 3650lbs BEFORE I get in. Make sense now? ;)

Yes, yes it does! I'm a whole second slower with the truck but I'm probably an even 1,000 pounds heavier than you before I get in. (that's somewhere between 4600 and 4700 pounds) Do you know what kind of power you are putting down? I know I'm laying down roughly 375-380 to the wheels and making around 470-475 at the crank and that's an estimate from a DynoJet guy after looking at my run sheets. That's bone stock though. I wouldn't doubt it if you are easily making 400 horses at the wheels with that whipplecharger under the hood..

I still think you got a couple of tenths left in it. Go find them!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PolkThug
    edited October 2006
    Yep, I'm 403 at the wheels. practice practice practice
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2006
    Nice run man. She's looking good.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2006
    Sah-weet ride with great smoke and great poke, keep it rockin'!
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2006
    Nice car, but I'll take a Z06 any day of the week :)

Also, the new Z06s have an extra 100 horsepower over that 02 you raced.
  • GaryZ06
    GaryZ06 Posts: 317
    edited October 2006
    Nice race and car but you basically beat the driver and not the car.I had a 2001 Z06 with headers and exhaust and did a 11.7 @ 120 mph with a 60 ft time of 1.6......at that point it had 380 rwhp....The Z will have a very big advantage to due it is super light compared to your car.My former 2001 Z06 weighed 3050 pounds with a 1/4 tank of gas.....Now my current 2006 Z06 with mods is another story.....again nice car and race:D...oh what was your 60 ft time?
    Panasonic 50" Plasma + Pioneer 6010
    Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD
    Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray
    Pioneer 1014
    Polk RTi12 (front)...Polk CSi5 (center)
    Polk RTi4 (rear)...Velodyne DLS 5000-R Sub
    3 Outlaw M-200 Amps
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Guys, ya'll forget he has a few hundred pounds of audio gear in the Stang, too:D :eek:
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    You have alot done to the mustang and from your other thread it all looks to be done right. If you put the wrench time in yourself you should be proud. I like the fact you put a good wheel/tire combo and didn't go for the popular DUB style show only wheels. I had to part with the car hobby after my twins were born but I kept the GSXR. Everyone on here is saying you could squeeze a lower time out of it but if you drive it everyday, I wouldn't change anything except experiment with launching and it seems you have that down pretty good. Just my 2 cents. Keep in mind the last mustang I did was a '96 GT convert. so I'm sure that there are new ways to gain more power and keep it streetable that I don't know about.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    Nice lookin' car. That looks like fun to race like that.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.