Flea Market

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2006
    FM territorial boundaries marked clearly in members urine once again. Thanks for the leg hike, GG.

I feel safer already.........:D
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    i don't even care what speakers he has.. i'm not looking. but, i do really like it when someone does have something to sell. that they at least post their location. either in the thread that is started. OR in their screen name.

that's my biggest beef. what's to hide if you are located in Miami or elsewhere? just say so.. that way i know that i have no chance in hell of buying anything from you.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2006
    wow..........if you read the rules, knew you weren't going to stick around for 25 posts, then you had the answer to your question before you even made your post.

Past that, you probably haven't read many of the threads to get to know us and our personalities, so you have to understand your 'goodstanding' in the community doesn't mean squat to the people here who don't know you from a speck on the wall.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    You asked a question about the rules and asked another if you were out of line. Just because you didn't like the answers is not a reason to respond as you did. NOBODY here knows you and we have rules specifically for that reason. Either accept them or not, but don't you dare talk down to the good folks here.

F1nut cut through all the BS and is exactly on point.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2006
    shack wrote:
    F1nut cut through all the BS and is exactly on point.
    Look at shack tryin to up his street cred.......:D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    Well, while he did post rather nicely at first, I do think we have our winning entrant in the "World Wide Web Thin Skin Contest".

He's old enough to have been around during the heydays of BBSing.
    If so, he had to have survived the typical atomic level flaming that was par for the course on an everyday level on forums back then.

The worst it gets on Club Polk is that some of you guys get a little "impudent". Maybe even a little "persnickety" ! :eek:

It might not be a bad idea to put a freeze on sending/receiving PM's until the 25 or 50 post mark, with an exception being made for the moderators on here.
    Not a high enough posting level to discourage anyone who's interested, but high enough to discourage drive-by dumping.

Did Wsemjab mention shipping costs, by the way ? Just curious.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Go tell it on the mountain. Cons and thieves are nearly always nice guys.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    The Flea Market is a free benefit for the PARTICIPANTS (members) of Club Polk. As some have said, it would not bother me if the required post count was higher in order to sell on the FM. For everyone else there are lots of avenues to sell stuff (ususually at a cost though).

BTW - Don't you just love the way this guy tried to turn the tables and shamed us for not letting him give us the huge favor of his speakers at a price lower than E-bay? (How exactly did he know that - since according to him he had never sold on E-bay?).

Bye.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Go tell it on the mountain. Cons and thieves are nearly always nice guys.

RT1

I don't think he is a con or a thief but you don't go into someones home and disrespect the rules. Hell, why don't you come over my house and just pee on the tiolet seet.
    As far as the responses go, if this was on my motorcycle fourm he would have seen some true slamming. This place is almost soft.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited October 2006
    wsemajb wrote:
    "Let's take him out back and beat the **** out of him"
    "I just finished reading that as I picked up the phone (at work) and really had to work to suppress my laughter. Nice one."
    "If anything, the 25 posts is not enough."
    "...or he's as dumb as a stick. If prompted, I doubt he'd tell you he was dumb."
    "It means "I got **** to sell," in Swahili, no kiddin'."

My initials happen to be bjw. Middle name james. I like to use something I can remember and use it regularly. bjamesw is common enough that I was repeatedly told to choose something else whenever I'd try to join a forum. I simply reversed the letters. It's not that mysterious.

It's a good thing I had to wait until I got out of work today to see where this post has gone. I have to say this as a gentleman, married for thirty years and absolutely faithful, a father of four beautiful children, and a highly respected member of my community, that you fellows truly ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I have never, ever, under any circumstances in "real life" or on the internet, been recieved with such suspicious and unbidden hostility as I've just witnessed from you all.

I came here with a simple, honest, and sincerely humble, proposition.
    I have a pair of mint condition RT55i speakers. I do appreciate them (despite Skynut's snotty intimation that (paraphrased) "he wishes to sell them - ergo he cannot possibly know enough about them to appreciate their worth - and I need to advise him to hang around here long enough to educate himself). He knows me so well? This is one of your moderators? The above quotes from this thread represent the tenor of this forum? I love these speakers and hate like hell having to part with them!

I'm know that I could probably get 50 dollars more from these speakers simply throught the exposure of ebay. As I said, I've never ebay'd, so I was willing to offer them on a Polk dedicated forum, knowing that I very likely would sell them for less - and to someone who would certainly appreciate them - and not have to deal with the learning curve of ebay.

Thank you very much - but no thank you absolutely. This is one group I can do very well without. Again, a few of you above have every reason tonight to reflect a bit and be truly shamed. In fact, you frighten me a bit.

Good night.
    Goodbye!

I tried to be nice but FU.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2006
    Are you guys bored or what... :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2006
    MM,

Waaaaaaaaaa, how about sending me some of that Manley stuff to break things up a bit I am sure that would be exciting, I have special power in my room that will improve your gear, takes about a year to really open everything up though!!!!!!

I am jonesin for some amps, this happens after every PF, its always something!!!!!!! Or a new cartridge or table or power chords or music or or or or or or......damm my bio-chip is stuck or or or or or...........

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2006
    Yup, sounds like you are bored...

You can have my manleys when you pry them from my stiff dead fingers. Ha ha.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited October 2006
    Being a recently new member who was also looking to sell some things, I feel I can say that I very much enjoyed my first few days on the board getting to know some things and some members. The rules are fair... bend them for one member? Why?
    If you're such a "respected" person in your community, you must have achieved that somehow. And I doubt it was by showing up for the first time and saying "Hi guys, I'm BJW, I have some stuff for sale!"
    I realize that he probably won't read this, but I wanted to get my 2 cents in. I was very warmly welcomed when I joined, and though I may not be a Polk owner anymore, I will continue to visit this forum as it's been a great resource as well as a great place to burn an hour or two.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    wsemajb wrote:
    If I'm out of line even mentioning a sale as a new member, go ahead and shout:o
    wsemajb wrote:
    This is one group I can do very well without.

weaksauce
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited October 2006
    madmax wrote:

madmax

If you stop posting............we know what happened, Uncle Ted paid you a visit :eek:
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    LOL! This guy doesn't even know the meaning of rude. This was one of the politest "join the forum or get lost threads that have ever been posted!

WELL DONE FELLAS!!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    Yeah Mr. James, my post about how 25 posts not being enough is some real scary stuff right there. In fact I read it again, forgetting who wrote it, and I **** my pants. Its that scary.

Now I am ashamed of myself for two reasons.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2006
    Good thing he didn't stick around long enough to view the "Tasteful Babes" thread :p Then he might of realized we don't put a lot of emphasis on "respected members of the community" :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    HEY!!!!!!!!! I totally respect every fine looking women on that thread.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    wsemajb,

I'm a little confused. If your intentions were honorable and you are such a wise and respected person, why can't you see into our concern for someone we don't know looking like he is skirting and breaking the rules (what little rules there are). Heck I've only been a member of this site a few months, was welcomed personally and have been treated with dignity and respect because I learned the rules or lack there of and tried to stay within the forum etiquette and when I didn't I got my nose rubbed in it and deservedly so. . . but I didn't cut and run, I stayed and learned. I am very grateful that I did because this is the best club I've ever belonged to . . . no matter what is going on, or if you've offended someone, that person is trying to help someone else no matter how trivial or silly or just plain stupid the problem could be. My advise is to stick around and get to know this crew, we are a great bunch with endless senses of humor.

But if you feel so put upon then, maybe it should be GOOD NIGHT & GOODBYE.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2006
    heiney9 wrote:
    If you stop posting............we know what happened, Uncle Ted paid you a visit :eek:

yep, got Chucks addy around here someplace.

I am so bored I have been negotiating all day with a fellow on the gon for a power chord and a 200-unit, we are down to shipping, I am not paying shipping, I am drawing the line.

Anybody know anyone, maybe a newb with some Polks for sale??????;)

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Anybody know anyone, maybe a newb with some Polks for sale??????;)RT1

Nynk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!:D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    Hell, why don't you come over my house and just pee on the toilet seat.

Well......okay !

....does that offer include dinner ?

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited October 2006
    Skynut wrote:
    Sorry for your situation but this site tries to build a comunity and this comunity does not want to have people just show up to buy or sell their stuff.

Some people (not necessarily you) may come here to get someone to buy something and then not deliver.

We appreciate your offer but rulz iz rulz.

Stick around and you may learn something and even appreciate the speakers you are trying to sell.

Damn, bjamesw, I see nothing in Skynuts reply that would suggest anything other than friendly advice (evidenced by line #1), and he was not intimating that you didn't know enough about what you have. You would likely have had a hard time selling those speakers even if you DID run up your post count, as longevity counts for something here. My quoted reply was obviously (to me, anyway) tongue-in-cheek, but was taken the wrong way, I guess. Sorry 'bout that. I was actually trying to inject a little levity into the situation, is all. I would still suggest that you stick around, and find out that most of the folks who regularly frequent and contribute to this Forum are pretty decent people.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2006
    polrbehr wrote:
    I would still suggest that you stick around, and find out that most of the folks who regularly frequent and contribute to this Forum are pretty decent people.

Well, there is...and..........never mind, we all touch ourselves, don't we :D:D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2006
    Hey Sniffles,

You might be a well respected member of YOUR community, but you certainly aren't a well respected member of ours. Blow it out your **** you damn fool.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    certainly not a big loss I suppose :rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Hey Sniffles,

WAAAAAAAAAAAA, remember the cartoon of that little sniveling, whining, babbbbbling, little mouse Sniffles. LOLOLOLOLOLOL:D :D:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    madmax wrote:

madmax

Yeah Man,

Everytime I read your signature my eyes glaze over and I start drooling like Homer Simpson. . . nice rig Chuck!!!!:D