Grand Canyon Glass Skywalk

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    It's a shame they have to eff up the place with that man made POS. If standing on the edge of the GC for the first time doesn't raise all of your senses to new heights, you're already dead and the Skywalk isn't going to help.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    It's a shame they have to eff up the place with that man made POS. If standing on the edge of the GC for the first time doesn't raise all of your senses to new heights, you're already dead and the Skywalk isn't going to help.

Capitalism unchecked + Native Americans getting the short end.

One visit to the South Rim under certain conditions can reset your clock. Some years ago I humped it for over two hours to a BFE point at the North Rim during the night and heard voices. I walked towards them (in the dark) slowly but felt an updraft and backed away. The next morning I woke up 15' from a place that's easy to check out.

You can walk past where Rick posted but there are no guardrails that I saw. Just picnic benches and a 4000' hole.

The North Rim is not a good jump point as the base does not jut out. Jump here and it would be called flat rock or hammerhead point for good reason.

Jesse, that flying **** is on a reservation. I guess they can do pretty much whatever they like there.

If you are after cool pics, hire a plane. They are known for getting close photos but the only problem is they crash regularly.

Awesome place for a photo and a first date. I remember absolutely nothing about this.

edit: The voices at night were people down in the canyon and you can pretty much hear everything they say. During the day it's nearly impossible though.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2007
    I'm having trouble LOOKING at that thing. Forget about walking on it.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    I'm having trouble LOOKING at that thing. Forget about walking on it.

I'm with you on this one, that thing just doesn't look safe too me.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma