Options
2»

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ahorvitz wrote:
    It makes a big difference when you decide to stop throwing the ball downfield, run most 1st downs, etc... You're not looking to light up the scoreboard when you're playng that conservatively. Would the Broncos have felt better about their overall performance if they had scored 20, sure, but it was a 2 score game all the way and never in doubt.

Pats or Broncos have bigger worries? I'm not sure I understand your statement. Both teams have areas of concern. Either can put it together and make a run. I suspect the Pats will end up making a stop in Denver for the AFC Championship game on their way to the SB.

Hindsight is always 20/20. There's no coach in the NFL that wants to keep the score a touchdown and a field goal away nearly the entire game. Why? You cannot account for the possibility of fumbles, interceptions, etc. You don't just quit because you got 13 points. Yes, they won, and that's all that matters, but for God's sake it doesn't make Shanahan a genius, nor does it make the Broncos a good team.

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think the Pats or the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl this year. Mark the tape, and bump this come January. I'll eat all the crow you can feed me if I'm wrong.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That was one of the worst victories I have ever seen. I don't think it was really a whole arizona collapse(They still had a big role though). With exception of the terrible, terrible running game, Arizona played great. They just had 4 very, very unfortunate plays.:eek: ...

This reminded me about a game in 2002. If any of you guys remembered, the steelers played the Houston Texans. The steel D held the texans to I think about 40 yards, and the steelers still lost 24-6,:eek: :eek:the biggest victory ever by a team who did score any offensive points( But that game was lost solely because of tommy maddox, one of the most worst QBs in history)
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    tommyboy wrote:
    ....because of tommy maddox, one of the most worst QBs in history)

Grammatically speaking, Tommyboy, it would be more correct to say Maddox was one of the "most worstest" QBs in history. ;)

Analyze that Cards game all you want, but it comes down to 2 words:

Bill Bidwill.
    Sal Palooza
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I've flaked out two weeks in a row on this, didn't even get in my picks. Been too busy with Fantasy Football, but at least I had a killer week in my work league.

Great week for watching and fantasy football. My team of Torry Holt, Steve Smith, Mark Bulger, Warrick Dunn, and others in a 10 team league did very, very well :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Boy how about that luck!

My freaking walls start pouring water on my TV about the same time as the best game ever in NFL is on! I heard no less than 3 sports guys on the radio today say it was the best game theyve ever seen! AND I MISSED IT!

Know whats even funnier? They have to dry the wall and carpet before they can work on the leak so not only do I NOT have tv still and cant see any of the game replays but I get to have a big blower fan running in the living room all day!

Oh happy day! Im so happy I think Ill hang myself!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D