Need Help Please

Options
db212
db212 Posts: 2
edited October 2006 in Troubleshooting
okay i am wondering if i am over powering my subs i bought the db212-2 subs and i had them for a month i notice that there was a funny smell coming from the speakers kinda like a burn smell im not sure what it was but i took them back well i got a brand new set and i was trying them out and they works fine havent smelled anything well about after 30mins of play the smell came back so then it got me wondering here is my specs below
Sony XM-2002GTR
Power 1200W max power
Power (watts RMS into 2 ohms x channels) 250 x 2
Power (watts RMS into 4 ohms x channels) 200 x 2, 20Hz-20kHz @ 0.1% THD
Peak power x channels (watts) 400 x 2
Bridged power x channels (4 ohms) 500 x 1, 20Hz - 20kHz @ 0.15% THD
High Level Sensing Power On
Variable 50 - 300 Hz low pass filter
40 Hz EQ boost
MOSFET output stage & power supply
RCA & speaker level inputs
Line level thru-put
CEA 2006 Power Compliant rated Yes
Distortion (THD%) at rated power .1%

Design
# of channels 2-channel
Built-in crossover type Low pass
Crossover range (Hz) 50-300Hz
Adjustable bass boost 0-10dB @ 40Hz
Inputs and outputs
Pre-amp level outputs Yes
Speaker-level inputs Yes

General features
Fuse rating (amps) 40 x 2
Gold-plated terminals

Dimensions
Height 2.3 inches
Width 15.9 inches
Depth 10.8 inches
i have the bass boost to max and filter around 110 and the volume is around a quater of the way up i havent pushed them half way yet and im wondering if im doing something wrong i dont have the speakers brighed cause the amp says i cant do it so im running them off the one right channel not both please help if you can im running this setup for now until i get a mono amp :) and im very happy with them i was running jensen 10in 1000 watts this is a major upgrade sounds way more powerful i didnt think that 12 be that much better than 10's :D
Post edited by db212 on

Comments

• db212
    db212 Posts: 2
    edited October 2006
    Options
    yes it was some what helpful :) the amp is a 4 and 2 ohm amp but only can be briged into a 4 ohm it dose not surport a briged 2ohm load but it dose suport stero 2 ohm load cause there 2 2ohm subs hooked up or i can have 2 4ohm subs running stero but if i want mono i can only hook up 1 4 ohm sub :( this amp will have to do until i buy me another amp im looking at a 1300 watt class d mono amp for these subs so it will match them 2ohm load it surports.

ps can i hook my other subs up to the other channel to keep the amp from overloading the db212-2 ?? db212-2 is 2 4 ohms speakers wired for a 2 ohm load and i was thinking of hookin my other subs up they are both 4 ohms subs but i know how to wire them into a 2ohm load ?? sense the amp can run the subs that way ! i know i have to adjust the power to make up the difference in the sound atleast until i get the other amp cause its going to be awhile before i can get it thx for the help
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2006
    Options
    No offense...but reading that gave me a headache :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,855
    edited October 2006
    Options
    You actually made it to the end? You're a better man than me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well...I really thought I would find at least one little ","...but no, I guess his keyboard is missing it....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman