blown speaker?

Options
smoz
smoz Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
Hi
I have an old pair of 5b's. Bought them when polk first came out. they were a new company at the time. well my problem is there is no bass or mid coming out of one of my speakers, sound is very low. could it be the crossover? i'm guessing the speaker is blown any help would be great.

thanks, steve
Post edited by smoz on

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2006
    Options
    It's most likely the mid woofer, polk still sells replacments if you call CS and also mention your a club polk member you get a discount..

welcome aboard!!
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I think they have a set of fuses on the back binding post plate. Check that and see if the fuses are good. Also, check for oxidation on the fuse ends and holders.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• smoz
    smoz Posts: 2
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Thanks, i believe it's blown. i compared the bad one to the good one.and the good one makes a thumping sound and the bad one seems like it is stiff, no thumping sound. so i will be replacing it.I will call polk tec on monday.

steve