Free Dog the Bounty Hunter!!!!

2»

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited September 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    and yet......he was the one to catch him...........
    He didn't track them down like some people are letting you to believe. He only traveled to Puerto Vallarta and caught him because of the couple who tipped him and LATER the FBI (who were on their way already). If you have ever been to Puerto Vallarta you know it is not hard to find someone if they are touring the nightlife regularly. So all this "hard work" that he did really was just nothing. He committed a crime and got caught, why shouldn't he pay the price for it? (again, he isn't going to be sentenced so stop crying about how unfair life is for him)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2006
    I dont remember shedding a tear :p

why shouldnt he pay the price?....simple
    I'm much happier a filthy rapist got caught then I am concerned about Mexico's ruffled feathers. thus, I will not be leading any campaigns to march the Dog to sweet Mexican justice anytime soon.

Hey, I'm an end result oriented type of guy, what can I tell ya. :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2006
    krabby5 wrote:
    easy for you to say since it wasn't your wife or daughter who was raped....

Bottom line: Don't rape and kill people...then people won't be after you...

there are way too many laws protecting the criminals...
    EXACTLY!!!

In all honesty, I think some of you guys are complete idiots.

If you caught someone raping your wife, or maybe even your daughter would you care that the person that caught the guy was bounty hunting when it was illegal?

HELL NO.

Or maybe he was selling drugs to your kid...DRUGS CAN KILL YOU. This guy could have very well SAVED PEOPLES LIVES.

So what about the kid that got kaned in China or whereever. If I remember right, he was spray painting cars or something like that. How in the world does that compare to a guy going after a KNOWN RAPIST and DRUG DEALER?

complete idiots...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2006
    I guess the end always justifies the means....no matter what.

We are either a nation of laws and civil rights...or we are not.

Why don't we just revert to vigilante justice. Who needs the legal system anyway?

If a bounty hunter wants to bust down your door and point a gun at your family looking for a bail jumper...that's ok isn't it? He's doing good. I mean he is a trained professional that you trust to do the right thing isn't he? I'm sure he's not going to get spooked an pull the trigger when a child screams and strart running...aren't you?

This isn't about criminals going free...or being soft on crime. It is about an archaic practice called bounty hunting which even countries like Mexico see as a farce. I don't want some rambo wannabe, who doesn't have what it takes to become a cop or even a night watchman running around with guns, with a financial bounty being their prime motivation. Bounty hunters cause as much harm to innocent people in the name of "justice" as the bail jumpers they are trying to apprehend. Ask a cop what they think of vigilantes and bounty hunters.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • exalted512
    edited September 2006
    shack wrote:
    I guess the end always justifies the means....no matter what.

We are either a nation of laws and civil rights...or we are not.

Why don't we just revert to vigilante justice. Who needs the legal system anyway?

If a bounty hunter wants to bust down your door and point a gun at your family looking for a bail jumper...that's ok isn't it? He's doing good. I mean he is a trained professional that you trust to do the right thing isn't he? I'm sure he's not going to get spooked an pull the trigger when a child screams and strart running...aren't you?

This isn't about criminals going free...or being soft on crime. It is about an archaic practice called bounty hunting which even countries like Mexico see as a farce. I don't want some rambo wannabe, who doesn't have what it takes to become a cop or even a night watchman running around with guns, with a financial bounty being their prime motivation. Bounty hunters cause as much harm to innocent people in the name of "justice" as the bail jumpers they are trying to apprehend. Ask a cop what they think of vigilantes and bounty hunters.
    and you must know every single one out there to be able to establish that too huh?

I love how people group entire groups into one lump sum. Guess what? DOG is ON TV. Do you really think hes going to be doing a lot of illegal things when its all on video tape?
    -Cody
  • shack
    edited September 2006
    Duane Chapman grew up tough and poor and dropped out of school in the ninth grade. Chapman subsequently joined a motorcycle gang. He was arrested 18 times for armed robbery. In 1977, Chapman was sentenced to five years of hard labor and served two of those years before being paroled in 1979.

Before his sentencing, Chapman had married and fathered at least one child. His wife, at the time, had filed for divorce while Chapman was in prison. Because of this fact, Chapman owed money for child support. The judge in charge of handling the child support case asked Chapman to catch a fugitive for $200, thus launching his bounty hunting career.

What a resume.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • exalted512
    edited September 2006
    shack wrote:
    What a resume.
    excellent point!!! A JUDGE asked him to go bounty hunting...hmm...
    -Cody
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited September 2006
    exalted512 wrote:
    excellent point!!! A JUDGE asked him to go bounty hunting...hmm...
    -Cody

Though I was going to stay out of this raucous, just remember that a judge also allowed the award of a huge settlement to a woman who burned her hand because she did not know that McDonald's served coffee hot.

Do not lump all judges into one barrel by thinking they always make the right decisions either.
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2006
    I'd like to jump on the "who gives a **** what mexico thinks" wagon. They can have Dog if they also take back all of their citizens hangin out here. I don't think highly of mexico or their laws.

Argue with me, call me stupid, whatever, it doesn't change the fact that I'd rather have a rapist in jail (regardless of who does it) then make mexico happy.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2006
    Airplay355 wrote:
    I'd like to jump on the "who gives a **** what mexico thinks" wagon. They can have Dog if they also take back all of their citizens hangin out here. I don't think highly of mexico or their laws.

Argue with me, call me stupid, whatever, it doesn't change the fact that I'd rather have a rapist in jail (regardless of who does it) then make mexico happy.

Bingo!!

F*CK Mexico!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Bingo!!

F*CK Mexico!

yeah, but where would you get your Tequilla from then? :eek: :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    yeah, but where would you get your Tequilla from then? :eek: :p

No problemo!!

I drink Gin!!! :D:p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Bingo!!

F*CK Mexico!

A freakin men !!!!

Wake up people, and quite trying to be so PC about this..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2006
    Good thing Polk moved to China huh? haahaa
  • Sami
    edited September 2006
    faster100 wrote:
    Wake up people, and quite trying to be so PC about this..
    I really don't understand all this talk about being PC. The fact that he is wanted in Mexico shouldn't make a difference really. If he didn't follow the law in Louisiana and got arrested, skipped bail, would you be crying about it like you are now? I know many of you would have a different tone if it happened in US instead of Mexico.

We all can agree it is good to have Luster behind bars but stop pretending he wouldn't be if it wasn't for Chapman because that's not the case.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2006
    Sami wrote:
    I really don't understand all this talk about being PC. The fact that he is wanted in Mexico shouldn't make a difference really. If he didn't follow the law in Louisiana and got arrested, skipped bail, would you be crying about it like you are now? I know many of you would have a different tone if it happened in US instead of Mexico.

We all can agree it is good to have Luster behind bars but stop pretending he wouldn't be if it wasn't for Chapman because that's not the case.

Depends what law he broke in LA....the only law he broke in Mexico was the fact that he was bounty hunting...big deal...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2006
    exactly, he didn't kill someone and then run to the US. and who effin cares who found luster first.. the fact is, Dog brought him, and broke a silly mexican law in the process.. If ya break a very small law while bringing in a rapist, or killer, be it a bounty hunter or regular person. So be it!

He didn't break a law, for just a bail jumper.. he did it for a rapist.. :mad:

we'll see, god forbid one day something happens to a family member of one of you and lets see how rational you are according to the law.. as stupid as NO bounty hunting.. In essense he broke the law for us.. to protect other people and for the money.. Bottom line !! so what's he supposed to do it for free? would the FBI do it for free and just for the goodness of man kind? I think not.. so again, wake up!! all this oh if he broke the law in the us and did blah blah blah.. well he didn't, it was in mexico and because they want to control the criminals and the money.. i would have ran to if i had to face mexican justice..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Sami
    edited September 2006
    krabby5 wrote:
    Depends what law he broke in LA....the only law he broke in Mexico was the fact that he was bounty hunting...big deal...
    Lets say Tennessee...

"A bounty hunter cannot have criminal record, must notify local police of defendant's location, and present to the police a copy of the warrant, a copy of the bond, and evidence that bounty hunter has been hired by bond agent. Tenn. Code Ann. § 40-11-3."

Lets remember Chapman is only wanted to face the charges for his crimes in Mexico, he hasn't been convicted. Luster being a rapist is irrelevant, this is not about him.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2006
    Sami wrote:
    Lets say Tennessee...

"A bounty hunter cannot have criminal record, must notify local police of defendant's location, and present to the police a copy of the warrant, a copy of the bond, and evidence that bounty hunter has been hired by bond agent. Tenn. Code Ann. § 40-11-3."

If he caught this scumbag in TN, Dog would have been violating the law. So if Dog got arrested in TN, I would still say "big deal"....he caught a scumbag that can no longer do harm to someone else....it doesnt matter to me that it was Mexico or Tennessee
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Sami
    edited September 2006
    krabby5 wrote:
    If he caught this scumbag in TN, Dog would have been violating the law. So if Dog got arrested in TN, I would still say "big deal"....
    Yes, no big deal, but he still would have to face the justice system over where he broke the law. TN or Mexico. No big deal but a lot of people are crying about it because it happened in Mexico.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    ^^^^That's understandable........

There are illegal immigrants from many places, but Mexico is the only one openly telling their citizens to break our laws and bust their way in. If Mexico doesn't understand why people couldn't care less about their laws, maybe a bit of introspection is appropriate.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • shack
    edited February 2007
    Maybe he will skip bail and another "bounty hunter" will come after him. Just think of the TV show opportunities this could foster:

"Dog on the Run"

"Dog Eat Dog"