RTI-10 midrange driver pops

Options
MrDecibel
MrDecibel Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
Newbie here. I have a set of RTI-10s less than a year old and noticed that on some music types the midrange driver begins to "pop" when only moderately driven. Its usually punchy bass music that makes the speaker pop . It seems like the crossover for the midrange may be allowing too much bass to the speaker??? Its not a loud pop, but is very noticable. I have a Denon AVR3805 driving them, and the tone controls are set to flat.
Post edited by MrDecibel on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Have the mid drivers always done this or is it a recent development? Are you listening in 2 channel or that abomination called surround sound?

Another question. Are you using a sub?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MrDecibel
    MrDecibel Posts: 2
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I'm listening in 2 channel mode. i do have a powered sub, but there is no change if i turn the sub on or off. I am assuming the mids have always done this. I work alot so i dont get to "play" with my equipment often. I had some time over the weekend, and I thought i would give the Polks a workout. The pop will stop if I turn the volume down, but like I said In my opinion the speakers weren't being driven that hard to begin with
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2006
    Options
    On the Denon, set your front L/R speakers to "small", x-over somewhere around 60-80. Assuming you use the sub out on the Denon.