RT16 midrange buzzing

Options
alanpan100
alanpan100 Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have had a pair of RT16 speakers for quite some time. Recently I observed that there is a buzzing sound in one of the mid/woofers in the left speaker. I ordered a replacement from Polk service and replaced it myself. The buzz has not stopped.I even tried a different receiver to no avail.

can you help?

Alan
Post edited by alanpan100 on

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Interconnects/Speaker wires?

Welcome to Club Polk.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • alanpan100
    alanpan100 Posts: 2
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I tried replacing the speaker wires and tried by-wiring the speakers to my amp. How would I check the interconnects?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Swap the left and right speakers. See if the problem follows the speaker or stays on the left channel.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• emcrites
    emcrites Posts: 29
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Did you solve the problem? Flip the drivers upside-down. While they're out, check the spider for separation from the basket. This is a common issue in the old RT's. Superglue should fix you right up!