The new MINI for 2007

2»

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2007
    shack wrote:
    You have got to be kidding! When I drove that car, the tops of my knees were about 3" from the top of the steering wheel. If the top was up my head was pressing into the vinyl and I could reach over and touch the ground with my hand while sitting in the driver's seat. I looked like I was driving a go-kart....

No joke. In fact if I sit in the passenger seat I can literally sit with my legs straight out in front of me. Does your wife's car have aftermarket seats perhaps?

You are dead on about being able to touch the ground while reaching out the window. First time I did that I died laughing. What a fun car to drive though.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2007
    cmy330go wrote:
    No joke. In fact if I sit in the passenger seat I can literally sit with my legs straight out in front of me. Does your wife's car have aftermarket seats perhaps?

Nope. It was stock. She bought it new in 1978 and sold it 4 years later (about a year after we got married) for $1,000 more than she paid for it. It had less than 20,000 miles, was immaculate and they quit making them in 79.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2007
    Ron....did you get a Mini yet? I know in the past you had talked about owning one, just curious on if you have taken the plunge yet.
    Here ya go...

Mini1.jpg

This is an older pic but it'll be a year come May that I bought her. She's a 2003 MC, British Racing Green 5-speed. She got bigger tires last Monday, some nice, much wider BFG Traction TA's.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited April 2007
    Nice Ride Ron...glad to see you got one.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited April 2007
    cmy330go wrote: »
    Not hardly. Mini's are in a whole other league. If you are at all a driving enthusiast, a Civic doesn't hold a candle to a Mini.

I think it's great what BMW has done with the Mini's. POLKOHOLIC hit the nail on the head. The Mini is about the only car in it's class that really breaks the mold on styling, and by doing so added a LOT of character.

I was just kidding about the civic, I love them because they're very practical for everyday driving. But I definitely can't compare that with the bmw mini.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2007
    Look what UPS just dropped off. I'm sure it's going to be a cop magnet but they fit the MC's real nice.

EuroPlate.jpg
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.