Polk Customer Service

Options
Andrew2112
Andrew2112 Posts: 59
edited August 2006 in Troubleshooting
These guys are the best. I received a pair of RTI8 yesterday to replace my SDA 1C's (made a deal with the wife) and one of the grills was messed up. Called customer service this morning to see what it would cost to replace it and to my surprise they just ask me for my name and address and told me that a replacement grill will be on its way. This level of service is what creates loyal customers.
Count me as someone who will be a customer for life.:)
Post edited by Andrew2112 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited August 2006
    Options
    You should get your 1C's back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Aren't they great people?

Stellar choice on the RTi8's.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited August 2006
    Options
    you're going to miss those sda 1c's.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Polk CS comes through again!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new speakers they are certainly different that the 1C.

RT1
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Three cheers for Polk CS!!!:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Andrew2112
    edited August 2006
    Options
    ESAVINON wrote:
    you're going to miss those sda 1c's.

No kidding.

Still have the 1C's but I'm putting them on the market soon. I just can't get myself to part with them, they have been with me for 17 years (5 cars, 2 dogs, 2 apartments, 1 house, 2 marriages...)
    Anyway my 31 in. tv died and looking for a replacement the deal was struck, I could get the 61 in. 1080p Samsung if I replaced those 2 "huge boxes" with something smaller (also got subwoofer and surrounds in the deal). Really hated to do it but I'm using the speakers for 75% movies 25% music.
    Just got the RTI8 Monday night and while they haven't been broken in yet, they sound really good specially with the subwoofer. But for anyone that has owned a pair of 1C's there is a very high standard for any other speaker to match.
    I'm sure that I'm going enjoy the new HTsetup while watching 'Big BOOM' movies, it just going to take a while.
  • Andrew2112
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Polk CS comes through again!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new speakers they are certainly different that the 1C.

RT1

You can say that again and again....and again.
  • Andrew2112
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Three cheers for Polk CS!!!:D

In the last week I have had such bad experiences with other companies CS that I just had to give props when service exceeds expectations.
  • Andrew2112
    edited August 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:

Stellar choice on the RTi8's.

Combined with the psw505 I just got they make beautiful sound. Without the sub they would be lacking somewhat in the low end.
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Yep, I've had great Polk CS experiences too. :)
  • jtphxaz@aol.com
    jtphxaz@aol.com Posts: 3
    edited August 2006
    Options
    can they be improved on and what kind of power supply would you use to kick out 500-1000 watts per channel 8 ohm with a working mans buget krell and sunfire not option thanks JT in phx
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2006
    Options
    can they be improved on and what kind of power supply would you use to kick out 500-1000 watts per channel 8 ohm with a working mans buget krell and sunfire not option thanks JT in phx

go used carver, say a 4.0t 375 watts into 8 ohms. believe me, thats plenty.

or, you can go the pro amp route, Crown etc.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jesus Alcazar
    Jesus Alcazar Posts: 3
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Great Job!!! "Polk Audio Customer Service" Thanks a lot Kim...
  • Jesus Alcazar
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I have a set of RT800i s I bought less than 2 years ago, and my two tweeters are fried!!! it appears with a small cut's and producing no sound
    I just call customer service Polk Audio on friday like at 11:00 Am to obtain service. (Call 1-800-377-7655) and he was brilliant my new 2 tweeters they arrived in Tuesday at 1:30 Pm Great service. thanks! thank you very much!!!
    Polk Audio Customer Service Great Job! Special thanks to Kim The Great Guy from Customer Service.:)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Jesus welcome. where do you live?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Jesus Alcazar
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hi Danger Boy! I live in El Paso,TX I am new in this forum just only for give my testimonial and experience with the polk CS!!!
  • Andrew2112
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hey Jesus, Bienvenido!

Polk CS is the best!