What all does Ford offer in its Lariat?

13»

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2006
    Nothing to add really... But any problems as long as not excessive is doable if ya want a certain model truck.. and is what warranty is for.. you would be a fool not to get one if buying a new car and also a gap insurance if you happen to wreck it or it gets stolen.. they pay off the loan and your not stuck with a note.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2006
    Jstas wrote:

MacLeod, 2007 is the last year for the SporTrac. The 07 SporTrac starts at just over 24K, the Limited version starts at just over 26K. Your 07 Rangers, fully loaded sport, STX, XLT or FX4 Level II trucks can top out at almost 27K fully optioned. You can buy a Ford F150 supercrew can with a 6.5 foot bed, 24V 5.4L V8 and 4 wheel drive for 27K. Why would I buy a Ranger supercab or Exploder SporTrac for that much when I can have an F-150 for that much and get 2-3 times the capability. Bottom line, demographical stereotyping aside, the Ranger and SporTrac are just not as good of a value as the F-150. Beyond that, a 4 door Ranger would be right around 22-27K if the options packages were similar to what the Ranger line already has and if the F-150 differences are any guage. Get rid of teh SporTrac and get the Ranger pickup and prices still aren't any different. Besides, at that level, most people who are buying a 4 door mini-truck are not looking at a full-frame vs. a unibody/sub-frame package. Don't get me wrong, there are people out there who are looking for such a thing but the last time I spoke with the fleet manager at Holman Ford in Marlton, he told me that those people realistically comprised about 11% of total Ranger buyers and that number isn't large enough to justify a higher production cost and design cost of stretching a Ranger chassis ad re-testing a whole new vehicle for crash standards. Especially when teh F-150 outsells them both.

I hear ya but I think a 4 door Ranger would do well for a couple reasons.

I believe there are a lot of people that would rather have a smaller pickup than a bigger F150 and those people are probably buying small SUV's when I think they would buy a Ranger 4-door if they had the option.

Also, a Ranger would be more fuel effecient than a bigger, bulkier F150 (albeit not by much) and with the greater power to weight ratio, the Ranger w/ a V6 would perform a lot better than a F150 w/ V6.

Dont misunderstand, I agree wholeheartedly that the F150 is a much better value with its bigger engine, more interior room, higher payloads and such but I think that a lot of people would rather have the smaller Ranger and offering them a 4 door option would be a plus and pull them away from Chevy, Nissan and Toyota. All of which are doing well with their 4 door mini pickups.

But Im sure Ford has a whole bunch of people a lot smarter than me that have looked into this and if theyre not doing it, Im sure theyve got a good reason......but then again they did come out with that heinous Fivehundred. ;)

I myself am pulling for Ford and for Chevy. I think all 3 make great trucks and decent cars. The new F150 is beautiful and smooth as silk to ride in and their Superduty line is just a hoss! Same with Chevy although Im not wild about the Duramax diesel and the new 1/2 ton front ends are kinds stupid looking.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2006
    I like the FiveHundred! Have you had the chance to drive one? I had one for a rental while the truck was in for service to get the IAC motor replaced and do a trans service and such. That thing was HUGE inside and it sat 5 adults without a problem. I haven't seen an interior that large in a car since the late 70's. Aside from the weak-nuts engine (car's too porky for a measly 205 horses and 190 pound feet) that was a very, very nice ride. Especially since they start at like $19,500.

As far as the Rangers go, I understand what you are saying ad it's possible that one might actually show up in the line-up. However, unless Ford does something about pricing a 4 door Ranger is not going to fly off the lots. The only way they are going to fix the pricing is to start making the chassis in numbers that the F-150 has. Even with Mazda selling B2000s, they are not going to come anywhere close to the approximately 1.2 million F-150's sold each year. That's the reason Ford can sell so cheap. Not because they make a bad product but because they buy raw materials and other parts in quantities so large that they can command a greater quantity discount than the GM and Dodge guys.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2006
    I havent driven one yet but I just think they look sooooo boring. I know they can make something that looks better than that!

I might change my mind after driving one tho.

I used to hate the Chevy Impalas (the ones with the bug eyed rear ends) but had one as a rental for a while and thought they were great! Almost bought one!!!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2006
    faster100 wrote:
    Nothing to add really....
    What are the chances that you might add that to your sig? :D
    MacLeod wrote:
    I myself am pulling for Ford and for Chevy. I think all 3 make great trucks and decent cars.
    um........I hate to bring it up, but would this be on par with a 4 side box? ;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    um........I hate to bring it up, but would this be on par with a 4 side box? ;)

Dodge + Chevy + Ford = 3

This whole thread is basically on how good the Big 3 make trucks. Im pulling for Ford and Chevy because theyre hurting. Dodge is not so I dont have to pull for them.

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2006
    [QUOTE=Jstas

If all truck manufacturers had a 5% error rate (for example), and production numbers were like this:

Ford 1,000,000
    Chevy 750,000
    GMC 500,000
    Dodge 650,000
    Toyota 150,000
    Nissan 100,000

Then the number of bad vehicles per company would be like this:
    Ford 50,000
    Chevy 37,500
    GMC 25,000
    Dodge 32,500
    Toyota 7,500
    Nissan 5,000

So, even if they all have the same relative error rate which is a figure that can show overall quality control standards are competative, because of the production numbers, the individual will have a different view. The individual has a different view because, if Ford's next closest competitor in the crown of most bad vehicles is Chevy and they are 12,500 vehicles behind, your chances of hitting a bad Ford vs. a bad Chevy are 25% more likely just because of the sheer number produced by Ford vs. Chevy. The Ford error rate is 10 times that of Nissan but, Nissan production is only 10% of Ford's total production. Your odds of hitting a bad Ford are much better than hitting a bad Toyota. Then again, your odds of hitting a bad Chevy would be pretty close to hitting a bad Dodge and your odds of hitting a bad American truck would be much, much better than hitting a bad Japanese truck. Does that mean they are all junk? Hell no, it just means that there are more of them out there. Does it reduce your chance of getting a bad truck from any of them? No, the chances, in this example, are exactly the same. The same would go for cars.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for a late response to this....

I having trouble swallowing the statement above, the notion that failure is more to do with quantity sold not quality of parts used to manufacture.

First I say not Ford is most likely #1 for the lower monthly payment or the money needed to get this in our driveway then anything else. I think the lower money on the profit of the truck or what the CEO wishes to get from the sale, effects may next statement. I feel that domestic manufactures wish to sell you the truck to sell you the part later. :eek:

Just my $.02

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    What are the chances that you might add that to your sig? :D

cute brettey :rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited July 2006
    Thanks for the lengthy response JStas...

I was checking out the Lariat and the wood panels within...

And I liked the XLT interior a bit better with two tone cloth interior.

I definitely want to test drive a F150 and the Tundra (07 Tundra) soon.

Ive done alot of pricing/build your truck on Toyota and Ford...

and both companies seem to be in the ballpark of 30-32,000 total.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2006
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Sorry for a late response to this....

I having trouble swallowing the statement above, the notion that failure is more to do with quantity sold not quality of parts used to manufacture.

First I say not Ford is most likely #1 for the lower monthly payment or the money needed to get this in our driveway then anything else. I think the lower money on the profit of the truck or what the CEO wishes to get from the sale, effects may next statement. I feel that domestic manufactures wish to sell you the truck to sell you the part later. :eek:

Just my $.02

You can have that view. I don't really care. I think it's a rather myopic view. All my post was intended to do was show how the theory that a few Joe Blow neighbors had a bad experience with a vehicle so they must all be bad is totally inaccurate and grossly over exaggerated. You can't refute statistical evidence. Numbers don't lie and if you know how to look at them without manipulating them, they will always tell a story.

And you can't have any of my cents. I lost all my cents a long time ago!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!